1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Jun '05 17:30
    If God were to exist (not that I doubt His existance), would it make sense that there would be more than one of Him?

PS: No pun intended.
  2. Not Kansas
    Moves
    08 Jun '05 17:48
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    If God were to exist (not that I doubt His existance), would it make sense that there would be more than one of Him?

Maybe a Mrs. God would be nice.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Jun '05 18:12
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Maybe a Mrs. God would be nice.
    Nah. The in-laws would give God too much of a hard time😉
  4. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    08 Jun '05 20:18

How so? One God that is forgiving, another that is vengeful and yet another that is disgusted by His own creation? That sort of thing?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 18:06
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    How so? One God that is forgiving, another that is vengeful and yet another that is disgusted by His own creation? That sort of thing?
    I mean it does not make sense that more than one God can exist at a time. I mean for example, the God of the Bible and the God of the Koran cannot both exist.
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 18:22
    I mean it does not make sense that more than one God can exist at a time. I mean for example, the God of the Bible and the God of the Koran cannot both exist.
    I guess your OP wasn't a genuine question then. Why not start the thread with a post about how you think these gods are mutually exclusive?

I think anything can make sense with gods. You have demonstrated this over and over again. Take your god and time crap. When you want God to be immune from some temporal argument you claim that your sky daddy is outside of time. When it would be convenient to make a temporal argument on his behalf, you point to constraints to his time endowment.

So let me play by your rules, and I can harmonize almost anything. All it takes is a bit a imagination and a shortage of intellectual integrity. Think long about this. Muffy is lurking somewhere inside.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 18:29
    Originally posted by telerion
    I guess your OP wasn't a genuine question then. Why not start the thread with a post about how you think these gods are mutually exclusive?

I think anything can make sense with gods. You have demonstrated this over and over again. Take your god and time crap. When you want God to be immune from some temporal argument you claim that your sky daddy is ...[text shortened]... shortage of intellectual integrity. Think long about this. Muffy is lurking somewhere inside.
    The only proof that you have for Muffy is the unseen. The same cannot be said of God.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 18:31
    The only proof that you have for Muffy is the unseen. The same cannot be said of God.
    How many times must you humiliate yourself? If you don't got it, don't flaunt it. Really, a lot of us are laughing at you everytime you try to fight it.

Ok, one more time . . .

You show me "seen" evidence of God, and I'll show you "seen" evidence of Muffy.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 19:07
    Originally posted by telerion
    How many times must you humiliate yourself? If you don't got it, don't flaunt it. Really, a lot of us are laughing at you everytime you try to fight it.

Ok, one more time . . .

You show me "seen" evidence of God, and I'll show you "seen" evidence of Muffy.
    The seen evidence of God is how He radically transforms the lives of people and sets them free from sin.
  10. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 19:091 edit
    I suppose you could say that a god who makes its presence felt everywhere at all times, and can coordinate what is happening in this galaxy over here with what is happening in that galaxy over there ("outside of the light cone" to make use of some physics jargon) is in a sense a network consisting of an infinite number of localized gods.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 19:15
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    I suppose you could say that a god who makes its presence felt everywhere at all times, and can coordinate what is happening in this galaxy over here with what is happening in that galaxy over there ("outside of the light cone" to make use of some physics jargon) is in a sense a network consisting of an infinite number of localized gods.
    Why would he need a network consisting of an infinite number of localized gods when a part of His character is His omnipresence.
  12. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 19:19
    Why would he need a network consisting of an infinite number of localized gods when a part of His character is His omnipresence.
    I'm not sure there are any methods of testing that could distinguish between the two scenarios, actually.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 19:49
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    I'm not sure there are any methods of testing that could distinguish between the two scenarios, actually.
    Well the two situations are simply not compatible:

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
  14. Not Kansas
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 19:58
    Well the two situations are simply not compatible:

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
    Which could be taken as saying there are other gods. Of course, Muffy chose to remain hidden at this time.
  15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 20:14
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Which could be taken as saying there are other gods. Of course, Muffy chose to remain hidden at this time.
    Notice that the verse says no other gods. Since Muffy is not a god, Yahweh is clearly not speaking about Muffy. Even that punk god doesn't have cajones do openly rebel against Muffy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree