1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 20:16
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    The seen evidence of God is how He radically transforms the lives of people and sets them free from sin.
    Well, that's evidence of the power of belief. Every religion has testimonies.

Discovering Muffy has certainly changed my life as well. It's much better than anything Jesus had to offer.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 20:18
    Why would he need a network consisting of an infinite number of localized gods when a part of His character is His omnipresence.
    Omnipresent? Uh oh. Is God in hell? Is God where sin is? Is God where people who reject him are?

I could swear that you have said, "No," to each of these questions in turn.
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 20:24
    Originally posted by telerion
    Notice that the verse says no other gods. Since Muffy is not a god, Yahweh is clearly not speaking about Muffy. Even that punk god doesn't have cajones do openly rebel against Muffy.
    Im still trying to figure out why the first sentence in the bible says
    "In the begining, Gods created the ...."
  4. Not Kansas
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 20:49
    Originally posted by telerion
    Notice that the verse says no other gods. Since Muffy is not a god, Yahweh is clearly not speaking about Muffy. Even that punk god doesn't have cajones do openly rebel against Muffy.
    OMM! I got my Muffology afu!😛
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 21:371 edit
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    OMM! I got my Muffology afu!😛
    Yes, we must be careful not to make harmonization any more difficult than it already is. Of course, we could with the ingredients I have described harmonize even that Muffy is a god and is not a god. It's really not hard to do.

For Dj2:
    Inside of this message is yet another hint. Maybe Nemesio will not have to answer you after all.
  6. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 23:57
    The seen evidence of God is how He radically transforms the lives of people and sets them free from sin.
    Actually, no.

The radical transformation comes from within. It is the person's belief that they have been freed from "sin" that brings on the change. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily. Is it harmful in the long run? Hard to say...as long as they are happy and not killing doctors who perform medical abortions. Is it incredibly naive? Most definitely.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree