God

God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EP6
Soul Taker

Tionesta

Moves
02 May 07

Who made God? Please keep it simple. As a follow up. What would God need with any of this, from the cosmos to mankind or animal kind? It,s all so pointless. And for the sake of argument; if there is a God, who needs him; he never comes through in a crunch. Educate me someone.

j

CA, USA

Moves
02 May 07

Originally posted by Charles Johnston
Who made God? Please keep it simple. As a follow up. What would God need with any of this, from the cosmos to mankind or animal kind? It,s all so pointless. And for the sake of argument; if there is a God, who needs him; he never comes through in a crunch. Educate me someone.
Keeping it simple .. I don't know.

A question for you .. If "it's all so pointless" why does the question of God not go away?
From your profile, you've led a full life (me too) and still haven't settled on the answer to the question of God (me either)

Hasn't shown Himself to me either. None of the "religious leaders" show me anything either. Only confusion and a load of BS from them. The bible is unreadable IMO .. makes no sense at all ... even less when I hear others tell me what it means to them. Organized religion makes it's bones off fear and guilt .. they pimp it bigtime .. and it works. Organized religion has driven more people AWAY from God than any atheist argument ever could IMO. God isn't "love", God is guilt and fear.

But still ... if God really IS love (makes sense to me). maybe we all "need Him." Maybe we're the ones "not coming through in the clutch."

R
Saved by grace.

State of Denial.

Moves
02 May 07

God always existed and always will. That is the definition of God.

R
Saved by grace.

State of Denial.

Moves
02 May 07

Originally posted by jammer

A question for you .. If "it's all so pointless" why does the question of God not go away?
From your profile, you've led a full life (me too) and still haven't settled on the answer to the question of God (me either)

Hasn't shown Himself to me either. None of the "religious leaders" show me anything either. Only confu ...[text shortened]... be we all "need Him." Maybe we're the ones "not coming through in the clutch."
Organize religion is a human institution and is subject to himan failings. If you have a hard time reading the bible try reading an NIV edition of the bible.

Christianity as I understand it is not about our guilt. Our guilt and sin was forgiven when we accepted Christ as our Savior. If anyone tells you otherwise, then ask them to show the reference in the new testament.

j

CA, USA

Moves
02 May 07

Originally posted by Ruppster1
Organize religion is a human institution and is subject to himan failings. If you have a hard time reading the bible try reading an NIV edition of the bible.

Christianity as I understand it is not about our guilt. Our guilt and sin was forgiven when we accepted Christ as our Savior. If anyone tells you otherwise, then ask them to show the reference in the new testament.
Key words being "Our guilt and sin was forgiven when we accepted Christ as our Savior." .. which translates into .. if you don't acquire faith, you're headed straight to eternal damnation.

If you don't "accept" Jesus Christ as your Savior (on faith alone) .. you're lost, you're screwed for eternity.

No .. no guilt or intimidation involved there .. not much!

The NIV is simply the latest incarnation of "the word", just as ambigious and confusing as the rest.
It's still Greek to me.

V

Earth

Moves
02 May 07

Key words being "Our guilt and sin was forgiven when we accepted Christ as our Savior." .. which translates into .. if you don't acquire faith, you're headed straight to eternal damnation.

If you don't "accept" Jesus Christ as your Savior (on faith alone) .. you're lost, you're screwed for eternity.

No .. no guilt or intimidation involved there .. not ...[text shortened]... of "the word", just as ambigious and confusing as the rest.
It's still Greek to me.
You should try reading the Greek version! 🙂

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
02 May 07

Hasn't shown Himself to me either. None of the "religious leaders" show me anything either. Only confu ...[text shortened]... be we all "need Him." Maybe we're the ones "not coming through in the clutch."
But if all god is is love - then why do we need it at all? Why not just have love?

EP6
Soul Taker

Tionesta

Moves
02 May 07

My hope was to get one intelligent answer. Quote some back yard preacher to your fellow schizoids. The definition of God, even to an athiest like me, most certainly has nothing to do with JC. As for your being saved and born again, well, if your born again you might not be so lucky the next time. So......once again, will someone try to give me an intelligent answer to at least, one of my questions.

EP6
Soul Taker

Tionesta

Moves
02 May 07

One more thing. I don,t expect any great revelations from anyone. What I,m hoping for is a n approach to these questions throwing a different slant than my present views.🙄🙄

j

CA, USA

Moves
02 May 07

I'll try again .. I don't know who made God or if He even exists.

As for, "What would God need with any of this?" .. we can only specualate. My guess would be something like this .. Out of boredom, as a toy, much like an advanced antfarm I had as a kid.

Sometimes it seems pointless .. like you felt when you made the OP .. What's it all about Alfie?
Other times, the point is clear .. like when you were a kid and the stars still held wonder for you.

Do you need Him?
I do, but ... nah, you don't. He never came through for you in the crunch so screw 'em. Now you're educated .. go blow your brains out in the campfire and get it over with.
It's crunch time.

w

Moves
02 May 07
1 edit

No .. no guilt or intimidation involved there .. not ...[text shortened]... of "the word", just as ambigious and confusing as the rest.
It's still Greek to me.
Everyone seems to want to ignore sin and simply continue on as if nothing ever happened. However, to truly love others one would never sin. How could one steal, or bear false witness, or murder if one truly loved another? Therefore, love and sin are incapatable.

Why then would a God of love simply look the other way when you sin? Sin is what seperates us from the God of love because he can have nothing to do with sin. Christ is the solution to this dilemma.

You may ask what does love have to do with it? Well, as human beings love is all that matters...or at least that is the way it is suppose to be. Without love your are NOTHING. After all, we were made in the image of a God of love.

j

CA, USA

Moves
02 May 07

Originally posted by whodey
Everyone seems to want to ignore sin and simply continue on as if nothing ever happened. However, to truly love others one would never sin. How could one steal, or bear false witness, or murder if one truly loved another? Therefore, love and sin are incapatable.

Why then would a God of love simply look the other way when you sin? Sin is what seperates ...[text shortened]... e to be. Without love your are NOTHING. After all, we were made in the image of a God of love.
nicely said

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 May 07
1 edit

Men made up 'god' just like they made up stories about the world being held up by an elephant resting on four turtles. They both have equal validity.
The problem with humans is they obsess about the issue to the detriment of their own lives. Literally, in the case of the many sickening religious wars fought in the name of a made up non-existant god.
Religion is the biggest, sickest, most despicable con job in the history of humanity. Made by men to control men and especially women.

EP6
Soul Taker

Tionesta

Moves
02 May 07

Jammer, where did this kid with the ant farm comefrom?

j

CA, USA

Moves
02 May 07

Jammer, where did this kid with the ant farm comefrom?
Mid-West USA .. apple pie and Chevrolet' .. and before you were born