1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 May '07 02:10
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Men made up 'god' just like they made up stories about the world being held up by an elephant resting on four turtles. They both have equal validity.
    The problem with humans is they obsess about the issue to the detriment of their own lives. Literally, in the case of the many sickening religious wars fought in the name of a made up non-existant god.
    Relig ...[text shortened]... espicable con job in the history of humanity. Made by men to control men and especially women.
    So if religion went away then men would stop trying to control other men? I hardly think so. I agree, in part, in that human nature is to blame for the travesties inflicted in the name of religion. However, just because a message has been perverted in no way means that such a message is perverted in and of itself. In fact, if such a message were good and pure and had not been perverted by other men in some way then the implication would be that the Bible is wrong in its claim that human nature is flawed.
  2. Tionesta
    Moves
    11 May '07 19:16
    Are people so incapable of thinking they use the bible as an unquestionable arbiter? One religous book is no more reputable than another. These are childrens books. If you would ever dig into your theology a little bit, you would find the grist for your religous mill is just that. Do you think the Pope reads the bible? Do you think the great thinkers read the bible as a realistic source of information? Try to be adult for once and forget that book of folk tales and do some serious thinking. You can't realize how infantile your logic is when it is based on the bible, etc.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 May '07 00:01
    Originally posted by Evil Pawn 666
    Are people so incapable of thinking they use the bible as an unquestionable arbiter? One religous book is no more reputable than another. These are childrens books. If you would ever dig into your theology a little bit, you would find the grist for your religous mill is just that. Do you think the Pope reads the bible? Do you think the great thinkers ...[text shortened]... ous thinking. You can't realize how infantile your logic is when it is based on the bible, etc.
    There's a great deal of wisdom packed in there. Perhaps one needs to change one's perspective to be able to see it.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 May '07 00:17
    Who made God? Please keep it simple. As a follow up. What would God need with any of this, from the cosmos to mankind or animal kind? It,s all so pointless. And for the sake of argument; if there is a God, who needs him; he never comes through in a crunch. Educate me someone.
    I will keep it simple as you asked and I will keep it real. The first God we ALL have is the breast. Pure and simple. When we are born, we are meant to suck the breast. It feeds our immediate needs. It is warm and soft. Plus, it is one of the few things we can see well as our vision is limited to about 6 inches. It all starts with the tittie.

Who will defy me?
  5. Illinois
    Moves
    13 May '07 15:16
    Who made God? Please keep it simple. As a follow up. What would God need with any of this, from the cosmos to mankind or animal kind? It,s all so pointless. And for the sake of argument; if there is a God, who needs him; he never comes through in a crunch. Educate me someone.
    It's funny seeing you looking for answers from a bunch of strangers on some website forum, while at the same time ridiculing the Bible's authority on such matters pertaining to God. If you don't think the Bible has authority, what makes you think anyone here does? Give me a break. You have no interest in seeking God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree