1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 04:242 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote] Hugh Ross is another scientist that has become a Christian, but he still hangs on to this propaganda of billions of years, which he fits into the Genesis account by claiming that "day" could mean long periods of time instead of just a 24 hour period. I think that is stupid, but he is still an obviously intelligent scientist that is partially blinded ...[text shortened]...

You really do not listen closely to people you've made up your mind that you don't like.
    This is what is own website says:

Hugh Ross launched his career at age seven when he went to the library to find out why stars are hot. Physics and astronomy captured his curiosity and never let go. At age seventeen he became the youngest person ever to serve as director of observations for Vancouver's Royal Astronomical Society. With the help of a provincial scholarship and a National Research Council (NRC) of Canada fellowship, he completed his undergraduate degree in physics (University of British Columbia) and graduate degrees in astronomy (University of Toronto). The NRC also sent him to the United States for postdoctoral studies. At Caltech he researched quasi-stellar objects, or "quasars," some of the most distant and ancient objects in the universe.

Not all of Hugh's discoveries involved astrophysics. Prompted by curiosity, he studied the world’s religions and "holy books" and found only one book that proved scientifically and historically accurate: the Bible. Hugh started at religious "ground zero" and through scientific and historical reality-testing became convinced that the Bible is truly the Word of God! When he went on to describe for others his journey to faith in Jesus Christ, he was surprised to discover how many people believed or disbelieved without checking the evidence.

Hugh started at religious "ground zero"

That sounds like he started as an atheist to me, certainly not a Christian yet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree