1. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 13:08
    Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from this forum, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know there are people here who have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
  2. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 13:581 edit
    Sorry mate, I have to ask: why does everyone keep posting this one? Where did you get it, anyway? Personally, I've seen it at least twice in these forums, and once in the Gay Community News, of which I am an avid reader.

Those noofters have a cracking sense of humour! 😀
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 14:00
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from this forum, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some ...[text shortened]... t you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
    Hilarious. Too bad this wasn't your original work.

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?noframes;read=43908

http://gnn.tv/users/user.php?bid=1815

Except if your name is "Jim".
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 15:12
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Is it only permitted to post original material? Good idea, it'd cut out all the bible quotes....come to think of it, it would cut out almost everything.
    Not everyone has read everything posted in these forums and as there is no decent [not any, really] search facility here should we first either trawl through the whole archives or pm everyone to discover if they have seen it?
    Anyway I thought it was funny enough to post....

Jim😉
  5. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 15:21
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Is it only permitted to post original material? Good idea, it'd cut out all the bible quotes....come to think of it, it would cut out almost everything.
    Not everyone has read everything posted in these forums and as there is no decent [not any, really] search facility here should we first either trawl through the whole archives or pm everyone to discover if they have seen it?
    Anyway I thought it was funny enough to post....

Jim😉
    LOL. I suspect ol' Jim suffered from acute sarcasm syndrome -- symptoms of which you aren't quite exhibiting.
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 15:37
    Too bad you've done the same thing before yourself.
  7. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 15:421 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Too bad you've done the same thing before yourself.
    Sad. A list of names that was a compilation of several sites if I remember correctly.
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 16:09
    Sad. A list of names that was a compilation of several sites if I remember correctly.
    Most of them from one site. The point not being how many sites you cribbed from, but that you didn't attribute them--same as Dr. Strangelove. It's no big deal, really, but was that a pane of glass I heard shatter?
  9. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 16:241 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Most of them from one site. The point not being how many sites you cribbed from, but that you didn't attribute them--same as Dr. Strangelove. It's no big deal, really, but was that a pane of glass I heard shatter?
    Just the plagiarisation cops getting a rough ride down the emergency exit tube prepared for the purpose - no biggy. 😀

Edit: Actually somebody dropped a glass while preparing for the party to commemorate my 2000th move on this site.
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 16:33

Edit: Actually somebody dropped a glass while preparing for the party to commemorate my 2000th move on this site.
    Easy on the gin and juice, old boy...😉
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 18:46

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?noframes;read=43908

http://gnn.tv/users/user.php?bid=1815

Except if your name is "Jim".
    Why is it you don't answer the questions in the quote.
    I never saw it before, so stastically that has to mean that SOME
    people never saw the original posts, no matter who authored it.
    All the discussion I see in this post is how unoriginal it is.
    Fine. Its unoriginal. We all grant you that. So answer the questions.
  12. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 20:15
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why is it you don't answer the questions in the quote.
    I never saw it before, so stastically that has to mean that SOME
    people never saw the original posts, no matter who authored it.
    All the discussion I see in this post is how unoriginal it is.
    Fine. Its unoriginal. We all grant you that. So answer the questions.
    So answer the questions.

For reasons I don't have the time to explain, the Mosaic law does not apply to our present era. Happy?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 20:36
    [b]So answer the questions.

For reasons I don't have the time to explain, the Mosaic law does not apply to our present era. Happy?[/b]
    Then, by extension, the whole bible doesn't apply to our era either.
  14. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 20:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Then, by extension, the whole bible doesn't apply to our era either.
    Whatever helps you sleep better at night.
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 21:30
    [b]So answer the questions.

For reasons I don't have the time to explain, the Mosaic law does not apply to our present era. Happy?[/b]
    You forgot the usual exception for the Ten Commandments and tithing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree