God's Law. Thank You.

God's Law. Thank You.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
11 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by telerion
Gosh, sjeg. I didn't realize that you paid such close attention. I should return the favor. You have placed a comma in your post that, according to the rules of English grammar, does not belong. The sentence should be written as follows: As you wrote in another thread less 'than' 24 hours ago, you don't know me or the arguments I make.

When y ...[text shortened]... sion, I'll put in my two cents. Until then, don't drop out of that undergraduate program.
The extra comma was inserted to add a pause especially for you, in order to allow a little extra time for the information to seep slowly into your vast cranium.

Cough cough. Sorry. Cough. Must be excused. Cough cough cough...

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
11 Jan 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Tel, does "The Lord's Army" give special courses in ad hominems? You're not bad.
Where's the ad hominem? You just don't like me because I'm a True Xian. We True Xians are always suffering persecution. Hey, more treasures for me in heaven.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
11 Jan 06

Originally posted by telerion
Where's the ad hominem? You just don't like me because I'm a True Xian. We True Xians are always suffering persecution. Hey, more treasures for me in heaven.
Har! Har! 😉

Covert ad hominems - I love it. I guess it's a "takes one to know one" thing... and don't worry, there are very few people I don't like - you are certainly not one of them.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
12 Jan 06

[b]So answer the questions.

For reasons I don't have the time to explain, the Mosaic law does not apply to our present era. Happy?[/b]
Hurrah. So lets get the bigots off our backs. Please expain. If its a good explaination I promise to plagiarise it early and often

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
12 Jan 06

Har! Har! 😉

Covert ad hominems - I love it. I guess it's a "takes one to know one" thing... and don't worry, there are very few people I don't like - you are certainly not one of them.
Unfortunately, telerion seems to be incapable of any other contribution on topics where he finds people disagree with him. It's quite sad, really. Still, if it helps his dwindling self-confidence, and even gives him an illusion of self-importance, then might as well let him get on with it, poor sod.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
12 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by aardvarkhome
Hurrah. So lets get the bigots off our backs. Please expain. If its a good explaination I promise to plagiarise it early and often
I'll have a go at it, if you are inclined.
Differnt times, different economies. The administration has the reserved right to alter its application of its policies, as befits the historical realties of any era.

In this case, the alteration is not reactionary, per se, as the adminstration had a pre-stated goal in mind. Once that goal was accomplished, a different economy was initiated.

Bear in mind, the current economy is anticipating two more shifts prior to the end of human history, and each of those eras will employ different economies, as well.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion you may have had relative to the successful completion of the use of the Law.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
12 Jan 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
I'll have a go at it, if you are inclined.
Differnt times, different economies. The administration has the reserved right to alter its application of its policies, as befits the historical realties of any era.

In this case, the alteration is not reactionary, per se, as the adminstration had a pre-stated goal in mind. Once that goal was accomplished, ...[text shortened]... up any confusion you may have had relative to the successful completion of the use of the Law.
So the Mosaic Law does not apply to us because of different economies? Am I reading you correctly? Are the two "shifts" you talk about related to Armageddon and the 1000 year reign?

Would you mind explaining what you mean when you say that the current economy is anticipating two more shifts? The word "anticipating" makes me doubt that you are talking about the End Times.

Finally two economies will these eras employ? In what way are they structurally different from modern economies? What role does tithing play in them?