1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    21 Mar '14 21:39
    Will any of you atheists go see this movie it comes out today?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '14 21:51
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I had a look at the trailer; why do you think this movie should be seen by atheists?
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    21 Mar '14 22:04
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I had a look at the trailer; why do you think this movie should be seen by atheists?
    Because it's a college student having to prove that God exists to pass his course. But I just kind of gave it away so I guess they don't really have to go see it.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '14 22:10
    Because it's a college student having to prove that God exists to pass his course. But I just kind of gave it away so I guess they don't really have to go see it.
    Does he succeed in proving god exists then?
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Mar '14 22:22
    I didn't even know about it. Will it be as big as "Religulous"?
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    21 Mar '14 22:35
    Does he succeed in proving god exists then?
    I haven't seen the movie yet.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Mar '14 02:15
    Minus the stupid hip hop music, it might be a decent story.
    But I guess it has to sell.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '14 08:04
    I'm such a cynic when it comes to stuff like this and seeing Christians getting all "excited" that a Christian themed movie made by (probably) atheists will appeal to atheists, is a little sad and if I'm brutally honest, a bit cringe-worthy.

It reminds me of the mainstream Christian populace marching sic ["flocking"] to the cinema to see the Passion of the Christ, or the Christian spiritual hard right seeing Harry Potter as the start of a wave of occultism and demon possession in the under 15s.

Maybe I've become so jaundiced with mainstream Christianity that I simply can't see what others see in these secular publicity posters.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Mar '14 13:141 edit
    I'm such a cynic when it comes to stuff like this and seeing Christians getting all "excited" that a Christian themed movie made by (probably) atheists will appeal to atheists, is a little sad and if I'm brutally honest, a bit cringe-worthy.

It reminds me of the mainstream Christian populace marching sic ["flocking"] to the cinema to see the Passion ...[text shortened]... nstream Christianity that I simply can't see what others see in these secular publicity posters.
    My sentiments as well.

Besides Christians don't need fictional accounts of things like this.
    There are plenty of true testimonials to hear.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    22 Mar '14 14:32

It reminds me of the mainstream Christian populace marching sic ["flocking"] to the cinema to see the Passion ...[text shortened]... nstream Christianity that I simply can't see what others see in these secular publicity posters.
    I know you have already said this before.

This movie is made by Christians. There is a song called God's not Dead by the News Boys.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Mar '14 18:103 edits
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '14 19:36
    I know you have already said this before.

This movie is made by Christians. There is a song called God's not Dead by the News Boys.
    Sorry, I sound like I'm trashing your promotion of this movie. I'm too cynical for thread.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Mar '14 21:521 edit
    Can we assume it is a religious college? He is given an impossible task at any rate. You can't PROVE any god exists much less the Abrahamic so called god.

The most you can do is claim 'I have FAITH such and such a god exists'. That is not even close to proof, that is simple opinion.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Mar '14 22:542 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Can we assume it is a religious college? He is given an impossible task at any rate. You can't PROVE any god exists much less the Abrahamic so called god.

The most you can do is claim 'I have FAITH such and such a god exists'. That is not even close to proof, that is simple opinion.
    Simple as that ?

Does God Exist? William Demski verses Christopher Hitchens.
    YouTube

Does God Exist ? William Lane Craig verses Christopher Hitchens.
    YouTube

Does God Exist? Dinesh D'Zouza verses Christopher Hitchens.
    YouTube

Does God Exist? Frank Turek verses Christopher Hitchens.
    YouTube

Where's the Atheist Slam Dunk ?
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Mar '14 23:10
    i wont, it looks rubbish. not because its christian, but because it looks bad. ive watched a fair few religious films and enjoyed them.
    i think the best christian movies are the ones that are simply trying to tell a story. the worst ones tend to be the ones that are trying to preach. i get the feeling this one is going to fall into the preachy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree