1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 03:08
    I'm looking at this "warring" going on between the Atheists and non-Atheists. We are still brothers of heart.

It matters not what you or i call each other, 'titles'. Atheist, Theist, what ever. If you see a man truly in need, and you feel the urge in your heart to help him. You do it, or not.

We all say it; could-a, would-a, should-a. But there are plenty of times, we don't even think about it.

If you see an old man shoveling snow, and without even thinking, help him out. Or a child, smarting off to the mom in a store. Maybe you say, "mind your mother". When you do these things, they are out of compassion. Love.

But if you have to ask yourself, what is in it for me. Will i get paid for helping him. If you are more concerned with yourself than with others. I feel sorry for you.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 03:48
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Or a child, smarting off to the mom in a store. Maybe you say, "mind your mother".
    If you had actually done this, I doubt you'd be recommending it to others. Most parents don't want outsiders telling them how to raise their own kids.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 08:43
    But if you have to ask yourself, what is in it for me. Will i get paid for helping him. If you are more concerned with yourself than with others. I feel sorry for you.
    What does any of what you say have to do with God's simplicity baffling people? Your post baffles me, but I doubt that your post is God's simplicity.
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 01:32
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    If you had actually done this, I doubt you'd be recommending it to others. Most parents don't want outsiders telling them how to raise their own kids.
    I have done this, often. I support the mother or dad or both. Polite but to the piont. And the resaults are often thank you. I've never had a parent complain about supporting thier authority.
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 01:34
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What does any of what you say have to do with God's simplicity baffling people? Your post baffles me, but I doubt that your post is God's simplicity.
    God's simplicity is the act of love, compassion, to reach out to others without thinking of yourself. To be selfless.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 01:51
    I have done this, often. I support the mother or dad or both. Polite but to the piont. And the resaults are often thank you. I've never had a parent complain about supporting thier authority.
    Some parents are abusive to their children. In that case, it doesn't seem right to support the parent. However, as was pointed out, your speaking up against it is not likely to be greeted with a thank you by that parent.
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 05:38
    God's simplicity is the act of love, compassion, to reach out to others without thinking of yourself. To be selfless.
    Yeah, and the reason why 5's simplicity baffles mathematicians is that it is both even *and* it's divisible by 3 😕
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 06:32
    You have never supported a child against authoritarian parents?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 06:34
    And why are you baffled by that?
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 06:35
    My observation is that religious fundamentalists always seem to favour parental "Authority".

I don't assume any "Authority" over my children ... just "Responsibility".
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 02:181 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And why are you baffled by that?
    I'm not baffled by God's intentions. Why would "I" be?
  12. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 02:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Some parents are abusive to their children. In that case, it doesn't seem right to support the parent. However, as was pointed out, your speaking up against it is not likely to be greeted with a thank you by that parent.
    Yes some parents are abusive, but if i see that, i would not support that. Obviously, you have never stopped to make a supportive statement of any kind - face to face. Computers are so impersonal.

I say it like it is. When i see a persons soul, perfect and without blemish i will tell them that. And when someone's Guardian Angel tells me something that makes the Angel proud of their keep, I tell them that too. And even though, you who read this, scoff with unbelief, and tell me i need to be in the loony bin. I can only smile. Because you don't know. How do you explain to children that God is in every facet of their lives. And that His LOVE is beyond anything in your wildest imagination.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 04:07
    Your thread title says the simplicity baffles atheists and theists, which one are you?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 06:31
    Because you clearly projected your bafflement onto everyone else.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 11:511 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree