1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '16 16:24
    What is God's will for us?

In my own life, it seems that either God is completely absent, or...my own bad choices are running wild. But then I've been told that my bad choices are also part of God's will. Where does it end?

Are my bad choices in life part of God's perfect plan for me? Or must I make perfect human choices to be 'included' amongst those who may have God on their side?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '16 16:34
    Originally posted by chaney3
    What is God's will for us?

In my own life, it seems that either God is completely absent, or...my own bad choices are running wild. But then I've been told that my bad choices are also part of God's will. Where does it end?

Are my bad choices in life part of God's perfect plan for me? Or must I make perfect human choices to be 'included' amongst those who may have God on their side?
    My point I guess, is that if God is all knowing, then He must be aware of a very bad choice that I am 'going to make', which will have a negative impact on my life.

Did He let me make this terrible decision as part a 'perfect plan'?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '16 16:46
    My point I guess, is that if God is all knowing, then He must be aware of a very bad choice that I am 'going to make', which will have a negative impact on my life.

One further thought. Is God only involved in the good things that happen in our lives? And if we make a horrible choice....it's merely our own fault....or Satan's fault.

Or is God involved in ALL of it, knows all of it, and it's ALL His Divine plan?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Sep '16 16:56

Yes, its called free will. Make your bad choices and face the consequences. I suggest you read Proverbs and Ecclesiastes. You need a lot of basic advice on wise living.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '16 16:59
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Yes, its called free will. Make your bad choices and face the consequences. I suggest you read Proverbs and Ecclesiastes. You need a lot of basic advice on wise living.
    So, God is NOT aware of a bad choice we will make?

Or.....He does know....and does nothing?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '16 17:06
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Free will.....takes God off the hook.

He knows the bad choices we WILL make, which could ruin us, and offers no help?

Or...are the bad choices part of the plan?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Sep '16 17:12

Ever hear of free will?

Without free will, all we have left is tyranny.

Would you rather have to bend your will as a slave to a malevolent god, or have freedom under a benevolent god? God loves us, and therefore gives us slack. And for some, that means the slack to screw up. But my point is that the choice is yours, not his.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '16 17:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Ever hear of free will?

Would you rather have to bend your will as a slave to a malevolent god, or have freedom under a benevolent god? God loves us, and therefore gives us slack. And for some, that means the slack to screw up. But my point is that the choice is yours, not his.
    I disagree Suzianne. Please read my previous posts.

Free will takes God off the hook. He KNOWS what we will do, and either lets it happen, or it's part of His plan!!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '16 17:26
    Ever hear of free will?

So therefore....God's will is easily trampled upon by our own free will? It doesn't jive.

Something is missing here Suzianne. We cannot have it both ways.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Sep '16 17:32
    So, God is NOT aware of a bad choice we will make?

Or.....He does know....and does nothing?
    He knows and does nothing. What of it?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Sep '16 17:44
    I disagree Suzianne. Please read my previous posts.

Free will takes God off the hook. He KNOWS what we will do, and either lets it happen, or it's part of His plan!!
    Free will: part of God's plan. Who knew?

Of course he lets it happen. We have free will, but we also have to deal with consequences. This is called becoming an adult. Who knows this better than our Father in heaven?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Sep '16 17:48
    So therefore....God's will is easily trampled upon by our own free will? It doesn't jive.

Something is missing here Suzianne. We cannot have it both ways.
    No, we cannot have it both ways, this is true.

And yes, God's will is trampled by our own free will. Why doesn't this 'jive'? People defy God all day every single day. What's new?

We will have to answer for our choices which contradict God's will. That's pretty much a no-brainer.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '16 17:53
    Free will: part of God's plan. Who knew?

Of course he lets it happen. We have free will, but we also have to deal with consequences. This is called becoming an adult. Who knows this better than our Father in heaven?
    My thread should have been titled..."God's will verses man's will".

My question is when God 'allows' our free will, knowing it will destroy our life.....yet, it's part of His Perfect plan.

Free will crumbles at that point.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Sep '16 18:291 edit

If you love God or are beginning to love God you should take Him up on His promise. That is the promise He will cause ALL THINGS to work together for good to those who love God.

If you are reading the Bible and your heart is beginning to love God, you should stand upon this divine promise and hold it up before God letting Him know that you are trusting in this promise.

" And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God. to those who are called according to His purpose." (Rom. 8:29)

I would begin to proclaim in faith to the Lord Jesus Christ that you love God and are among those called to His eternal purpose. How splendid it would be if a new believer in Christ learned this from the outset and did not wait many years to finally learn it.
  15. Joined
    21 Nov '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '16 21:14
    You are struggling to understand God's permissive will. God the Father and God the Son have a single will just as they are one essence and share the same mind or intellect. Only God is perfect and experiences true freedom, though we can partake in His life bringing us liberation.

The fate of your soul is not only in the hands of God, as He has deigned beings with peculiar strengths that you or I could never compete with to guide and direct us, as well as both earthly and saintly mediators. Such as it is, most people have affection towards sin, but in the worst conditions affection has grown into a possession where the soul has los t all control, so to speak. In my conjecture, those souls would not have "free will" or any sense of it having been severely compromised. The history of evil must play itself out to the bitter end, as is fitting.

And no, not even in the Gospel times was there a cause for God to be alarmed. He came and dispelled the demons. He also taught disciples how and none were so far removed from the material world but one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree