1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '16 23:22
    Originally posted by chaney3
    What is God's will for us?

In my own life, it seems that either God is completely absent, or...my own bad choices are running wild. But then I've been told that my bad choices are also part of God's will. Where does it end?

Are my bad choices in life part of God's perfect plan for me? Or must I make perfect human choices to be 'included' amongst those who may have God on their side?
    God's perfect plan, doesn't mean God gets what God wants all the time. It has a lot to do
    with both God and man getting what God and man wants. If man wants drugs over taking
    care of his family I doubt His family will do well, even though God admonishes us to take
    care of our families.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '16 23:25
    I disagree Suzianne. Please read my previous posts.

Free will takes God off the hook. He KNOWS what we will do, and either lets it happen, or it's part of His plan!!
    You don't think God letting it happen cannot be part of God's plan? If we are allowed to do
    what we will even against what God wants, don't you think those that turn to God will do
    what God wants even though the default response is not to by fulfilling man's own desires
    over God's? You seem to want the either or be God will stop you from doing wrong or God
    is the cause of wrong, both blame God for the wrong you do.
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 04:54
    I disagree Suzianne. Please read my previous posts.

Free will takes God off the hook. He KNOWS what we will do, and either lets it happen, or it's part of His plan!!
    I'm not certain of what you are saying. Are you pointing to the philosophical problem that God's infallible precognition seems to deprive us of free will or are you accusing God of a dereliction of duty concerning allowing bad outcomes? I don't think the latter charge really makes sense. In Christianity any adverse consequences a decision has in this world is secondary, discomfort in this world is not really the concern of God. Regarding the next world, without the possibility of bad decisions there seems to be no point in the religion. I wonder though, how bad does the decision have to be before you expect an intervention?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 05:315 edits
    What is God's will for us?

In my own life, it seems that either God is completely absent, or...my own bad choices are running wild. But then I've been told that my bad choices are also part of God's will. Where does it end?

Are my bad choices in life part of God's perfect plan for me? Or must I make perfect human choices to be 'included' amongst those who may have God on their side?
    "it seems.."
    Many things can seem devoid- especially with the effort we put into them. Here's a story of a time traveller -whether true or is imo irrelevant. (Think of the time and motivation ..and faith.. put into that guy, JC,. he may well be fictional- but i digress), Apparently this time traveller spent weeks "meditating" (apparently on a photo or some such personal item), to gain access to some f these "time waves" (prolly badly explained), to send to that time and relative space. Point here is who has spent actual time trying to do something "meditative" ? for weeks?

edit: There is the right set of choices for us all to make , all tailored for us. We are alike in so many ways and so unique equally in so many ways as well , so I believe accordding to this truism the only best choices are to make are the ones we make for ourselves, whether at times they conflict with others or go along with them.

God seems weird to you because you don't understand "him". He plays games with you because we don't understand It The LIGHT eminating from "inside the universe" could be considered "god" but there is no separate Entity No Control Not in the way we understand it. Have a look at the "ego" thread started by Biggdogproblem. Think of the universal truism that what is good for the ego is bad for the "soul".

My answer: Don't give up one vice for another , rather aim for the base of the root problem.

What is that root problem? Our separation from the Divine ( didn't want to use the word the "God" )

Dilute... Dilute!

or one of my fave bands WEEN
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 15:55
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I'm not certain of what you are saying. Are you pointing to the philosophical problem that God's infallible precognition seems to deprive us of free will or are you accusing God of a dereliction of duty concerning allowing bad outcomes? I don't think the latter charge really makes sense. In Christianity any adverse consequences a decision has in this ...[text shortened]... igion. I wonder though, how bad does the decision have to be before you expect an intervention?
    God seems to have a 'will', or purpose for each of us, that is apparently perfect. Yet, who obtains it? Who is able to even know what that is, and then align their own free will to God's?

In any case, God is always 'off the hook', because our free will and subsequent bad choices always take the blame.

As if God is saying...."hey chaney3, I had such a great life for you....but you had to have it your way".

My reply to God would be..."how about giving me a clue".
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 16:052 edits
    God seems to have a 'will', or purpose for each of us, that is apparently perfect. Yet, who obtains it? Who is able to even know what that is, and then align their own free will to God's?

In any case, God is always 'off the hook', because our free will and subsequent bad choices always take the blame.

As if God is saying...."hey chaney3, I had such a g ...[text shortened]... ...but you had to have it your way".

My reply to God would be..."how about giving me a clue".
    There is a channel in the USA called the Justice Channel with back to back small claims court shows similar to the Judge Judy type.

Every single judge without exception laments the poor state of personal conduct and morality, of many in the USA, which leads to the desire to blame everyone else for their failures, and seek compensation. The judges mince no words in setting these people straight telling them or insinuating that they are , failures, stupid, shallow, greedy, immoral, weak and a host of similar of what people call insults. BUT .. ITS THE TRUTH.

You sound like you need some of this 'therapy'. .. Truth trumps political correctness .
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 16:11
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    There is a channel in the USA called the Justice Channel with back to back small claims court shows similar to the Judge Judy type.

Every single judge without exception laments the poor state of personal conduct and morality which leads to the desire to blame everyone else for their failures, and seek compensation. The judges mince no words in setting the ...[text shortened]... RUTH.

You sound like you need some of this 'therapy'. .. Truth trumps political correctness .
    I would expect nothing less from you, because you never blame God for anything.

Well I do. If He is so, so perfect, how about 'guiding' us to make these good choices.

Your own dilemma may be that your free will and choices in life may have been okay. Mine however, with GOOD intentions, have led to disaster.

God needs to do a better job!!
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 16:20
    I would expect nothing less from you, because you never blame God for anything.

Well I do. If He is so, so perfect, how about 'guiding' us to make these good choices.

Your own dilemma may be that your free will and choices in life may have been okay. Mine however, with GOOD intentions, have led to disaster.

God needs to do a better job!!
    I dont need to blame anyone. I have no problems of any kind and I thank God for that. But even if I did I would not blame God. My first course of action would be to blame ME and see where ME went wrong. Its ME that caused the problem and ME will fix it.

You need some of that ME therapy. The first step in fixing any problem is to blame yourself.
    If you blame God you are wasting your time and going nowhere.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 16:22
    I dont need to blame anyone. I have no problems of any kind and I thank God for that. But even if I did I would not blame God. My first course of action would be to blame ME and see where ME went wrong. Its ME that caused the problem and ME will fix it.

You need some of that ME therapy. The first step in fixing any problem is to blame yourself.
    As always, God gets a free pass. All the time.

How nice for God.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 16:33
    As always, God gets a free pass. All the time.

How nice for God.
    Judgement for the defendant.
    Your case is dismissed.
    BANG !!
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 17:59

We agree.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree