1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 21:43
    Originally posted by dottewell
    I have two employees. Neither are perfect at their job, but Mrs A is much better than Mrs B.

Mrs B, however, is desperately loyal.

I reward Mrs B not just better, but infinitely better, than Mrs A.

Am I a good or bad boss?
    How come you're capable of infinite reward? That's not a normal scenario. Obviously you're trying to present an analogy to God and people, but people can't give infinite rewards so the analogy sounds strange.
  2. Jupiter
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 21:58
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    How come you're capable of infinite reward? That's not a normal scenario. Obviously you're trying to present an analogy to God and people, but people can't give infinite rewards so the analogy sounds strange.
    neither can god
  3. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 22:34
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Okay. "Much better" would have been, er, much better.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 22:46
    Originally posted by dottewell
    I have two employees. Neither are perfect at their job, but Mrs A is much better than Mrs B.

Mrs B, however, is desperately loyal.

I reward Mrs B not just better, but infinitely better, than Mrs A.

Am I a good or bad boss?
    Do you offer any 401(k) benefits, profit (or loss) sharing? What's employee turnover look like? Full-time to part-time ratio?
  5. The sky
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 23:06
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/matthew/matthew20.htm

Matthew
    Chapter 20
    1 "The kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out at dawn to hire laborers for his vineyard.
    After agreeing with them for the usual daily wage, he sent them into his vineyard.
    Going out about nine o'clock, he saw others standing idle in the marketplace,
    4 ...[text shortened]... ?'
    6 Thus, the last will be first, and the first will be last."
    I fail to see what this parable has to do with dottewell's problem. Can you elaborate? I can see how this sentence might have some relevance for dottewell's question: "(Or) am I not free to do as I wish with my own money?" But I don't think it can be taken out of context, and it wouldn't really help much to answer dottewell's question either. If you think that this sentence is true in any context, it would mean that the boss has the right to reward the employees differently, but it wouldn't say anything about his quality as a boss.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 03:58
    How loyal is Mrs. A?
  7. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 09:25
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/matthew/matthew20.htm

Matthew
    Chapter 20
    1 "The kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out at dawn to hire laborers for his vineyard.
    After agreeing with them for the usual daily wage, he sent them into his vineyard.
    Going out about nine o'clock, he saw others standing idle in the marketplace,
    4 ...[text shortened]... ?'
    6 Thus, the last will be first, and the first will be last."
    So God is a communist?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree