1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 19:00
    Good Enough for Heaven? Bad Enough for Hell?

Greg Laurie

The conventional wisdom about what happens when you die is that you will stand before God, and if you did enough good works that outweighed your bad works, then you get into heaven, because heaven is for good people. And good people go to heaven.

Then the other belief is that if you have done enough bad things that outweigh your good works, then you will go to hell, because hell is for bad people. Heaven is for good people who get in by good works, while hell is for bad people who do bad things.

But that is not what the Bible teaches. The Bible teaches that hell is prepared for the devil and his angels (see Matthew 25:41); it isn’t prepared for bad people at all.

Heaven is the dwelling place of God, and the way you get into heaven is on the basis of what you did with Jesus. What God will want to know is did you believe in Jesus Christ?

Even if you have lived a wicked life and sinned throughout all of it, if on your deathbed you were to call out to the Lord Jesus Christ in genuine repentance, you would go to heaven. But if you lived a good life and have been a relatively moral person and have done good deeds, but you have never put your faith in Jesus Christ, then you would not go to heaven. And by the way, your good works never would outweigh your bad works. So be thankful that is not what you will be judged for.

The assurance that we will go to heaven is not as our culture often sees it, but this is as the Bible teaches it. It is the Son question—not the sin question.

Taken from “The Son Question” from Harvest Ministries (used by permission).
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 19:35
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The conventional wisdom about what happens when you die is that you will stand before God, and if you did enough good works that outweighed your bad works, then you get into heaven,
    🙄

No.
    Conventional wisdom is that when you die you are D E A D
    No more
    Pushing up the daisies
    Worm food
    et c.
  3. England
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 19:49
    as you write, its the basis of our faith. but even simpler is " its jesus call who gets in" , we have the laws and the teachings to guide us. As for deathbed pleas we will never know.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 22:37
    Originally posted by stoker
    as you write, its the basis of our faith. but even simpler is " its jesus call who gets in" , we have the laws and the teachings to guide us. As for deathbed pleas we will never know.
    Jesus says to repent so if they honestly do on their deathbed then they are saved.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 22:38
    Originally posted by stoker
    " its jesus call who gets in" , .
    ya, not Peters call like most people think.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 00:34
    Jesus says to repent so if they honestly do on their deathbed then they are saved.
    Right. Your God wants knee-benders, worshipers, and It doesn't care about right or wrong, good or bad. It is a bad God, a wrong God. A God that butchers millions of innocent children because It made a mistake. Shame on that God. It should be opposed by moral people.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 01:16
    So the last day of Pol Pot's life, he gets religion, asks for forgiveness and all those 3 million people he killed is just forgiven?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 01:55
    I don't think so. 😏
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 07:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't think so. 😏
    So make a case. I don't think you can. You simply resort to lying. Which is okay with your God.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 07:55
    Originally posted by apathist
    So make a case. I don't think you can. You simply resort to lying. Which is okay with your God.
    I never said lying is okay with my God. But lying is just something we do from time to time, isn't it? 😏
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 14:07
    I never said lying is okay with my God. But lying is just something we do from time to time, isn't it? 😏
    You implied that RBHILL's op was wrong. Would like to see you speak clearly and say so, stand up and be clear.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 15:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So the last day of Pol Pot's life, he gets religion, asks for forgiveness and all those 3 million people he killed is just forgiven?
    It is not a religion, it is a relationship with God through Jesus.

But anyways Pol Pot's would probably reject the truth if someone told him about Jesus.

It is all about who God saves through Jesus. But really your name had to be inthe book of life before the world even began.

Jeffrey Dahmer got saved though.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 15:19
    I don't think so. 😏
    So are you one of those freaks that is only 2% of the Population that believes in Jesus name only water baptisim?
  14. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 16:59
    Good Enough for Heaven? Bad Enough for Hell?

Greg Laurie

The conventional wisdom about what happens when you die is that you will stand before God, and if you did enough good works that outweighed your bad works, then you get into heaven, because heaven is for good people. And good people go to heaven.

Then the other belief is that if you have done e ...[text shortened]... the sin question.

Taken from “The Son Question” from Harvest Ministries (used by permission).
    Love Greg Laurie , I've heard many good teachings from him.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 19:45
    Originally posted by apathist
    You implied that RBHILL's op was wrong. Would like to see you speak clearly and say so, stand up and be clear.
    Actually I was replying to the post by sunhouse immediately above and clicked on the reply instead of Reply & Quote. I did not say if RBHILL's op was right or wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree