1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 23:04
    And they crusified the bastard! Good for the Romans!
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 03:14
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    And they crusified the bastard! Good for the Romans!
    He was crucified for you.
    And such a nasty fellow too! Can't spell either.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 05:281 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    You know what, something just occured to me. God has a way of taking what was ment for our ill and turning it into something good, just like Christ's crucifixian, so why not this thread? So here it goes. I say what a merciful and loving and longsuffering God he must be to lay down his life for people such as this. People who spat upon him and whipped him and mocked him and cursed at him, yet he only pleaded to the Father to have mercy upon them and to forgive them. What a great God we serve!!!!
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 07:06
    Originally posted by whodey
    You know what, something just occured to me. God has a way of taking what was ment for our ill and turning it into something good, just like Christ's crucifixian, so why not this thread? So here it goes. I say what a merciful and loving and longsuffering God he must be to lay down his life for people such as this. People who spat upon him and whipped him ...[text shortened]... eaded to the Father to have mercy upon them and to forgive them. What a great God we serve!!!!
    How much mercy did he show upon all the people he drowned in the great flood?
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 07:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    What a great God we serve!!!!
    Yes, he deigns to send millions to eternal torment. A wonderful god who looked the other way when millions of Jews were exterminated.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 12:15
    What on Earth did I spell wrong?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 12:22
    Originally posted by rwingett
    How much mercy did he show upon all the people he drowned in the great flood?
    Apparently none. But you miss the point. Noah warned them for over a hundred years what was coming, but they laughed, and got what they deserved.

And another thing, if one refuses God's gift of eternal life, and laughs, then don't blame God for the consequences.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 12:31
    What on Earth did I spell wrong?
    Fortunately I have this spellcheck feature or I would misspell alot. I had my daughter install it so I wouldn't have to keep looking in the dictionary all the time. I just type out everything, and when I'm done I just click and like magic everything looks like I know what I'm doing! 😉

Crucified. you spelled it crusified.
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 12:34
    Fortunately I have this spellcheck feature or I would misspell alot. I had my daughter install it so I wouldn't have to keep looking in the dictionary all the time. I just type out everything, and when I'm done I just click and like magic everything looks like I know what I'm doing! 😉

Crucified. you spelled it crusified.
    Dear oh dear, so I did.

Oh well...the basic message still stands. 😉
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 12:47
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Yes, he deigns to send millions to eternal torment. A wonderful god who looked the other way when millions of Jews were exterminated.
    If there were a God, why do you deign to attribute evil character traits to him. You really should find a better way to express you reservations. This "God is mean and angry and vengeful" argument is a lame way to go about making your point.

God is not like a man. If I say that God is righteous and holy, but you think he kills people out of hand, then something is wrong with our ability to communicate some bit of truth here. IF there is a God, and IF he is holy, then to ascribe accountability to him for the mayhem in this world is irrational.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 12:52
    Dear oh dear, so I did.

Oh well...the basic message still stands. 😉
    Ok, but you are still in error. One very important point. If Jesus was who he said he was, then nobody could have laid a hand on him without him allowing it.
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 13:13
    Ok, but you are still in error. One very important point. If Jesus was who he said he was, then nobody could have laid a hand on him without him allowing it.
    Well...if Jesus was so all bloody omnipotent about such things, why did he allow himself to be cruCified?

I mean, would anyone dare suggest it had a point? Everybody's still as mad as hell...
    Waste of a good chunk of wood, if you ask me.
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 13:23
    If there were a God, why do you deign to attribute evil character traits to him. You really should find a better way to express you reservations. This "God is mean and angry and vengeful" argument is a lame way to go about making your point.

God is not like a man. If I say that God is righteous and holy, but you think he kills people out of hand, then so ...[text shortened]... he is holy, then to ascribe accountability to him for the mayhem in this world is irrational.
    Not for an omnipotent, omniscient creator.

A double-O creator (I'll get onto triple-O arguments later) would know, in advance, every action that would take place in a universe that he created. He'd know, for example, whether he'd have to send me to hell, right from the moment he created the universe.

So, if there is a god, malevolent is exactly the thing to call him. Another phrase would be "puppet master".
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 13:53
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Not for an omnipotent, omniscient creator.

A double-O creator (I'll get onto triple-O arguments later) would know, in advance, every action that would take place in a universe that he created. He'd know, for example, whether he'd have to send me to hell, right from the moment he created the universe.

So, if there is a god, malevolent is exactly the thing to call him. Another phrase would be "puppet master".
    So it is impossible for an all powerful God to give us free will even though he may know the outcome of such free will before he gave us free will? Also, how can a God of love do anything other than give us free will? How can one love another if they are not given free will to love the other back? If God created us so that we could only love him and not reject him then it would be akin to him loving himself rather than free moral agents choosing to do so.
  15. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 18:21

And another thing, if one refuses God's gift of eternal life, and laughs, then don't blame God for the consequences.
    Come on. If salvation really is a gift, then we should be able to refuse it without being punished. That is, unless your God is some sort of cosmic mob-boss: "I will give them a gift they can't refuse....". I certainly will blame your God for all the natural evils in the world, if you persist in claiming that God is both all-powerful and morally good.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree