1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    13 Mar '09 11:10
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    None of them make sense to me which is why I follow none of them. I find it interesting that you seem to find sense in some of them.
    Do "spiritual circuits that flow throughout universe" make sense to you?
    It makes as much sense as anything else.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Mar '09 11:541 edit
    Originally posted by buckky
    It makes as much sense as anything else.
    Unless I am misunderstanding you, it makes no sense to you. So why do you start a thread based on nonsense? Why do you even consider the possibility that it might be meaningful?

The absence of a sensible explanation should not lead you to pick a nonsensical explanation.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '09 15:391 edit
    Everybody is nut's.
    Then no one is "good"?
  4. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    13 Mar '09 16:45
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Unless I am misunderstanding you, it makes no sense to you. So why do you start a thread based on nonsense? Why do you even consider the possibility that it might be meaningful?

The absence of a sensible explanation should not lead you to pick a nonsensical explanation.
    It's all speculation anyway. I have found out the hard way that just because something sounds true, and seem logical is no garantee of it being real. Anything connected to religion or spirituality is either based on subjective experience or just following the party line so to speak. The Urantia Book for example has nothing in it that sounds looney tune nut's like the Bible does at times. Even though I'm impressed by the Urantia book , I still can't surrender to it as fact. Who knows what the facts are ? Every true believer thinks they have the facts, and the Truth. I was once a true believer, and now I'm a interested observer of the game. I know nothing.
  5. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    13 Mar '09 16:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    Then no one is "good"?
    Nut's can be some of the nicest people in the world. Can a truely sane person choose to be evil ? It seem that evil comes about when a person starts to misfire in some pathalogical way.
  6. Break-twitching
    Moves
    14 Mar '09 03:32
    On both sides of the religious issue I find very good people just trying to figure the whole thing out. It's rare to run across truely evil people. I can't think of a soul I have ever known that in my opinion deserves Hell. Most humans, including myself are hopelessly human, and want to find Truth what ever that might be. Obviously we are in the dark as to th ...[text shortened]... fer rebellion ? Something is out of wack or we would have a more coherant direction to follow.
    all you have to do is pray to God in the name of Jesus. he will show you the true path to happiness. We are NOT in the dark in reference to the afterlife. The Bible clearly states what to expect. Why is this so hard? Do you have to have Tom Cruise tell you that L. Ron Hubbard promised life after death before you will believe? Kanye West? P-Diddy?...who?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Mar '09 07:28
    The Urantia Book for example has nothing in it that sounds looney tune nut's like the Bible does at times.
    What you said earlier which you attributed to the Urantia book:
    the spiritual circuits that flow throughout universe because of the Lucifer rebellion
    Sounds looney tune nuts to me.

If anything looney tunes cartoons make far more sense.
  8. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    14 Mar '09 13:59
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    all you have to do is pray to God in the name of Jesus. he will show you the true path to happiness. We are NOT in the dark in reference to the afterlife. The Bible clearly states what to expect. Why is this so hard? Do you have to have Tom Cruise tell you that L. Ron Hubbard promised life after death before you will believe? Kanye West? P-Diddy?...who?
    The Bible states a lot of things that turn me off to it. I can't believe it's a God inspired book. A God inspired book must be without obvious flaw. The Bible is riddled with one screwball concept after the other. I've tried the Christian path, and came away thinking these people know no more than any other religion. It's based on pure emotion. If you were born Christian there is a good chance that will be the religion of your choice. Born Hindhu the same thing takes place.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree