Good works bad works

Good works bad works

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Dec 21

How is getting accepted by God done, and why do you think that?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
For a professed Christian to be constantly asking these questions over and over it means that you are not sure, even though it has been explained to you many times. You are in a sad state of affairs. Go pray to God and read you bible.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Dec 21
2 edits

@KellyJay

"For while we were yet weak, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

For scarcely for a righteous man will anyone die, though perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die,

But God commends His own love to us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Much more than, having now been justified in His blood, we will be saved through Him from the wrath.

For if we, being enemies, were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more we will be saved in His life, having been reconciled, . . ." (Rom. 5:6-10)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Dec 21
1 edit

" . . . those who have been sanctified by faith in Me [Jesus]" (Acts 26:18c)

" . . . that they should repent and turn to God, doing works worthy of repentance." (v.20)

How balanced and all-encompassing in the pure word of God.

This morning in my enjoyment of the Lord in His word, I came across a significant verse in Acts 26:18-20.

It speaks of BOTH believers being made holy by faith in Christ.
And it speaks of Him saving them to repent and doings works "worthy of repentance".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Dec 21
2 edits

Wonderfully Acts 26:15-20 ALSO emphatically underscores the resurrection of Jesus.

"And I said, Who are You Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus, whom you persecute."

The risen Man Jesus is the Lord from Heaven speaking to Saul on earth.
Marvelous!

"But rise up and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a minister and a witness both of the things in which you have seen Me and of the things in which I will appear to you,"

Jesus the resurrected man appeared to Saul, spoke to Saul as the Lord and would further appear.

"Delivering you from the people and from the Gentiles, to whom I send you, To open their eyes, to turn them from darkness to light and from the authority of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me."

"Me" is Jesus, the resurrected Lord.
"[A]n inheritance" are all the riches of dispensing of the Triune God into man as divine and eternal life. In Acts 20:32 the inheritance included being built up by God's grace through His word.

"And now I commit you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who have been sanctified." (Acts 20:32)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Dec 21

Why do I say that God was dispensing Himself into man as the divine and eternal life? In the building up of the church in Jerusalem the angel told the apostles to go to the temple and speak all the words of "THIS life".

"Go and stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this life." (Acts 5:20)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Dec 21
1 edit

"For if we, being enemies, were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more we will be saved in His life, having been reconciled, . . ." (Rom. 5:6-10)

The Triune God dispenses Himself into man as the divine and eternal life. And in the whole realm and sphere of Christ living in man as life he is much more saved once having been reconciled by His death.

Because he is being saved "organically" in the life of the Father - Son - Holy Spirit, the angel told the apostles to go and speak all the words of "this life".

"Go and stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this life." (Acts 5:20)

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
09 Dec 21

This thread has a Dr. Seuss vibe.

Good works, bad works
Happy works, sad works

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Dec 21

@Rajk999 Remember he does not answer questions......

Moves
10 Dec 21

@rajk999 said
For a professed Christian to be constantly asking these questions over and over it means that you are not sure, even though it has been explained to you many times. You are in a sad state of affairs. Go pray to God and read you bible.
May Christ find you at the tiki bar.

Moves
10 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
I would think that anyone who occurs in the Garden of God's magic-crystal tank, i.e., the Cosmos, would be accepted, given that God had set the stage for all of this to occur.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Dec 21

@kevin-eleven said
I would think that anyone who occurs in the Garden of God's magic-crystal tank, i.e., the Cosmos, would be accepted, given that God had set the stage for all of this to occur.
Actually it’s the stage for all of this occurring that should be the most frightening. God is love, it is not something He does it is who He is. Love is the prime reality in His Kingdom, in this life we can love God and one another or not. Being who He is, He tells us the truth and honors our choices. While in this temporary life we.do as we will in the permanent next one, it all will matter.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Dec 21
1 edit

First God's wants us to bring to Him our appreciation for Christ and the finished work Christ has done.

The Jews asked Jesus what they should do to do the works of God. Jesus said they should believe in Him. The work of God was for them to believe in Jesus. This does not mean only initially. This means continually. That is to continue believing Christ is God's answer that God has sent into the world for man.

"Then they said to Him, What shall we do that we may work the works of God?

Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe into Him whom He has sent." (John 6:28,29)

Some people just want to know "Just tell me what to do and I'll do it."
They have great self confidence that if they are just informed of what they should do, they will do it and work for God.

Actually, it is to let Jesus WORK Himself INTO you. By believing in Him at each stage God works Jesus into us. What we do will be out from the Christ that God has worked into us through our faith in Him.