1. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 20:00
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Barnabas

Another view of Jesus life.

Edit: of course it is not accepted by Christians because it talks about different christianity
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 07:33
    Originally posted by ahosyney

Edit: of course it is not accepted by Christians because it talks about different christianity
    And why is it not accepted by muslims?
  3. Standard membereagleeye222001
    Eye rival to Saurons
    Land of 64 Squares
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 07:44
    What's your point on bringing up this anachronism, and highly inconsistent subject?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 08:23

It is not accepted by Christians because there is no evidence that it is not a made up story written long after the events by someone strongly biased by his own philosophy. (called a pious fraud in the wikipedia article)

No, wait, then why do they accept all those other Gospels ?
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 14:51
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It is not accepted by Christians because there is no evidence that it is not a made up story written long after the events by someone strongly biased by his own philosophy. (called a pious fraud in the wikipedia article)

That is my point here, what is the difference between this Godpel and any other one.

Note: Muslims accept Jesus as a prophet, and they accept his Gospel, our problem is which one is the true Godpel.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 15:58
    That is my point here, what is the difference between this Godpel and any other one.
    Because most likely it was written by Muslims.
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 16:071 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Because most likely it was written by Muslims.
    Same goes for any other Gospel, they are most likly written by someone who want to make Christians belive in something. No one knows any of the Gospel writters to know why the wrote it.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 16:41
    Same goes for any other Gospel, they are most likly written by someone who want to make Christians belive in something. No one knows any of the Gospel writters to know why the wrote it.
    My point was that there were no Muslims at the time Barnabas lived.
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 17:11
    My point was that there were no Muslims at the time Barnabas lived.
    Yes of course, and Bernaba is one of the disciples.

But because the Gospel talkes about the Prophet Mohammed and say that Jesus is not GOD, and is not the Messiah, christians refuse it, and say it is written by Muslims.

It is not the only one that is refused, I think any Gospel that doesn't match the Christian belives will be refused , like the Judas gospel.
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 17:29
    Yes of course, and Bernaba is one of the disciples.

But because the Gospel talkes about the Prophet Mohammed and say that Jesus is not GOD, and is not the Messiah, christians refuse it, and say it is written by Muslims.

It is not the only one that is refused, I think any Gospel that doesn't match the Christian belives will be refused , like the Judas gospel.
    That it isn't the only reason. There are many concrete reasons to believe it is a fraud, including a number of gross historical mistakes contained in the book.
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 17:37
    That it isn't the only reason. There are many concrete reasons to believe it is a fraud, including a number of gross historical mistakes contained in the book.
    If you compair the four Gospels accepted by all Christians you will find historical mistakes and contradictions between them. They don't agree in many essential details of Jesus life.

So how do you know which one tells the true history about Jesus life.

Another important point is at least two of the four gospels are written by non disciples and written in a period after Jesus life.
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 17:43
    If you compair the four Gospels accepted by all Christians you will find historical mistakes and contradictions between them. They don't agree in many essential details of Jesus life.

So how do you know which one tells the true history about Jesus life.

Another important point is at least two of the four gospels are written by non disciples and written in a period after Jesus life.
    Because many of the mistakes directly point to a forgery as they mention things that existed in Europe during the Middle Ages. You don't have to be a genius to raise an eyebrow.

I'm not a Christian, so even though I don't believe in the Christian Gospels, I can perfectly see a vast difference between them and the Barnabas Gospel.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 17:471 edit
    Because many of the mistakes directly point to a forgery as they mention things that existed in Europe during the Middle Ages. You don't have to be a genius to raise an eyebrow.

I'm not a Christian, so even though I don't believe in the Christian Gospels, I can perfectly see a vast difference between them and the Barnabas Gospel.
    I agree with you and I don't argue that Bernabas Gospel is true. That is not my point, and I don't need to prove it is true, and may be it is really written by Muslims,

My point is the reasons Christians refuse this Gospel for could be found in the four Gospels they currently accept.

And there are other Gospels that don't have the same problems you can find in Bernabas and they also don't accept.
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 17:511 edit
    I don't argue that Bernabas Gospel is true, that is not my point, and I don't need to prove it is true, and may be it is really written by Muslims,

My point is the reasons Christians refuse this Gospel for could be found in the four Gospels they currently accept.

And there are other Gospels that don't have the same problems you can find in Bernabas and they also don't accept.
    Of course they don't accept it. It's a clear forgery.

Do you have any comments regarding the fact that the Barnabas gospel makes references to things that could only be known in the Middle Ages?

More importantly, do YOU accept it?
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 17:59
    Of course they do. It's a clear forgery.

Do you have any comments regarding the fact that the Barnabas gospel makes references to things that could only be known in the Middle Ages?

My I was not clear,

I agree it might be forgery. I have no problem about that,

References to things in the middle ages, could prove it is forgery, and if you have faith it could be propheies 😀.

For me it doesn't make a difference, and I'm a Muslim before I ever heard about it. I don't need to accept it or reject it.

To accept it I need a prove that it is really a word from GOD, and I don't have this prove for any Gospel today. So I don't accept it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree