1. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 22:28
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    ..... Suna ,Shea and all other Groups has different interpretations of Quran. But if their intepretation is not correct.....
    Do you mean that there exists one correct interpretation?
  2. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 23:241 edit
    This thread is about the 'Gospel of Barnabas'. However it rapidly changed into why the books of the New Testament (or specifically the four Gospels) are no different because they too have 'errors' in them.

What I was trying to lead you towards was an understanding, if you have it in you, that no matter what text you look at, there are human issues surrounding it. By that I mean that there are matters of interpretation, understandings of the meaning of these texts, faith issues. Where there are apparent contradictions - these can be explained away (they don't have to be) by one with faith. Faith means that you believe something.

Every religious text has these issues with it, by definition. Do you understand that?

Edit : I think this response is very pertinent to the point of the thread, and others may well be interested.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 23:53
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    Do you mean that there exists one correct interpretation?
    Here is my answer that I sent to you, but I belive it is still away of the thread target:

I belive there is only one Islam,

The prophet Muhammed said there will be 71 Islamic Groups, only one of them is correct.

Allah only know which one. I'm Suna and Suna are the Majority of Muslims, and "Suna" means they follow everything that the prophet Mohammed Say or do. So we belive that we are the one, but Allah only knows.

In general all Muslims agree on basic belives. There is only one GOD, belive in all prophets including the Prophet Muhammed. Belive that the Quran is the Word of GOD, and agree on the five Pillars.

The difference in other aspects, I can talk with you in details if you want.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Pillars_of_Islam
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 23:57
    This thread is about the 'Gospel of Barnabas'. However it rapidly changed into why the books of the New Testament (or specifically the four Gospels) are no different because they too have 'errors' in them.

What I was trying to lead you towards was an understanding, if you have it in you, that no matter what text you look at, there are human issues ...[text shortened]... s response is very pertinent to the point of the thread, and others may well be interested.
    I understand what you say and don't agree.

There is a difference between mistakes and differe interpretation.

Mistak is something the a clear error that can't be avoided.

If a book contain such a thing it can't be a word of GOD.

You claim that all religos books face the same problem, and I don't agree.
  5. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 23:57
    Here is my answer that I sent to you, but I belive it is still away of the thread target:

I belive there is only one Islam,

The prophet Muhammed said there will be 71 Islamic Groups, only one of them is correct.

Allah only know which one. I'm Suna and Suna are the Majority of Muslims, and "Suna" means they follow everything that the prophet Moham ...[text shortened]... talk with you in details if you want.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Pillars_of_Islam
    You have not answered my question. However, I understand it is difficult for you to do so.

Let me follow on, nonetheless.

If there is one correct interpretation, how have all these different interpretations arisen?
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 00:02
    You have not answered my question. However, I understand it is difficult for you to do so.

Let me follow on, nonetheless.

If there is one correct interpretation, how have all these different interpretations arisen?
    How I didn't answer your question?

I told that there is only one group is correct. I think that imply that there is only one interpretation is correct.

I just said I can't say which one but I belive that Suna is the correct one.

To answer your question I need to know what you know about each group and how muslims accept their text.
  7. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 00:12
    How I didn't answer your question?

I told that there is only one group is correct. I think that imply that there is only one interpretation is correct.

I just said I can't say which one but I belive that Suna is the correct one.

[b]If there is one correct interpretation, how have all these different interpretations arisen?

To answer your question I need to know what you know about each group and how muslims accept their text.[/b]
    I posted,

'What I was trying to lead you towards was an understanding, if you have it in you, that no matter what text you look at, there are human issues surrounding it. By that I mean that there are matters of interpretation, understandings of the meaning of these texts, faith issues. Where there are apparent contradictions - these can be explained away (they don't have to be) by one with faith. Faith means that you believe something.

Every religious text has these issues with it, by definition. Do you understand that? '

What I am saying is that you are not looking at the result of the 'sacred texts', which lead to sectarianism in almost every case.
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 00:17
    I posted,

'What I was trying to lead you towards was an understanding, if you have it in you, that no matter what text you look at, there are human issues surrounding it. By that I mean that there are matters of interpretation, understandings of the meaning of these texts, faith issues. Where there are apparent contradictions - these can be explain ...[text shortened]... oking at the result of the 'sacred texts', which lead to sectarianism in almost every case.
    One of us don't understand the other. I will try to focus more to get what you mean.

I'm here talking how to accept a book as a WORD of GOD to take a faith from it.

So now what the problem that every religos book suffer?
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 00:23
    I posted,

'What I was trying to lead you towards was an understanding, if you have it in you, that no matter what text you look at, there are human issues surrounding it. By that I mean that there are matters of interpretation, understandings of the meaning of these texts, faith issues. Where there are apparent contradictions - these can be explain ...[text shortened]... oking at the result of the 'sacred texts', which lead to sectarianism in almost every case.
    What I am saying is that you are not looking at the result of the 'sacred texts', which lead to sectarianism in almost every case.

To generlize your statement you must know the difference between different Groups in each religion.

Do you know that? If yes then we can continue talking, if not then your generlization is not Correct.

And even if what you said is true, what does this has to do with accepting the Book as a word of GOD?
  10. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 00:24
    One of us don't understand the other. I will try to focus more to get what you mean.

I'm here talking how to accept a book as a WORD of GOD to take a faith from it.

So now what the problem that every religos book suffer?
    Try if you will to step back from the concept of one book being the 'Word of God'. Look around you. Every religeon believes that theirs is the correct one, yes? Now take a look at each in turn. What you find is that, if it have been 'established' long enough, there are sects within it. Each sect uses their 'sacred texts' as proof that they are right - the 'one and only true' path to God.

You believe it. Suna is the only true path. So every other path is wrong. And you can prove it - look - your Quran (and your interpretation of it) is correct. Yes?
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 00:372 edits
    Try if you will to step back from the concept of one book being the 'Word of God'. Look around you. Every religeon believes that theirs is the correct one, yes? Now take a look at each in turn. What you find is that, if it have been 'established' long enough, there are sects within it. Each sect uses their 'sacred texts' as proof that they are right - nd you can prove it - look - your Quran (and your interpretation of it) is correct. Yes?
    Did I say there is only one book?

Muslims belive that GOD send many messages to humans, and we belive in each one of them, and we belive they are all the same, we belive in Torah, and the Gospel of Jesus, and every book sent to any prophet. We belive if they all exist today there will be no difference.

Our problem as a Muslim we don't accept any word in our faith without a solid prove. And that what we do with Quran and Hadith. No one can say that the prophet said something without prooving it. If he didn't show a solid prove it will be rejected directly, even it is a good thing.
    We belive that what is left from these books today is a corrupted versions. So if any one manage to prove that the Torah or the Gospels exist today are really the original ones Muslims will accept it.

So what I say is there is only one book that we can prove it is really the word of GOD.

I understand what you want to say but that does prove nothing. If all humans follow the same way they will not be humans, they will be angles. That is the porpus of our life. We are given mind to think and free will to choose. You can think and measure everything said to you , and you can choose your way.
  12. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 00:47
    Did I say there is only one book?

Muslims belive that GOD send many messages to humans, and we belive in each one of them, and we belive they are all the same, we belive in Torah, and the Gospel of Jesus, and every book sent to any prophet. We belive if they all exist today there will be no difference.

Our problem as a Muslim we don't accept any word ...[text shortened]... ill to choose. You can think and measure everything said to you , and you can choose your way.
    Suna is the only true path. Yes?
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 00:50
    Suna is the only true path. Yes?
    For me yes...
  14. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 01:01
    For me yes...
    so tell me, why is Wahhabism (for example) not the one true path, in your opinion?

Surely you would reject jahiliyya?
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 01:231 edit
    so tell me, why is Wahhabism (for example) not the one true path, in your opinion?

Surely you would reject jahiliyya?
    That is why I asked you what you know about the differences.

Wahhabism is a movement, not like Shea, they are Suna just like me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabi

Jahiliyya : what is this? I don't know Islamic Group with this name. Actually Jahiliyya is the name of the period of time before Islam, if you mean this then of cource I reject it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree