1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 14:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Nothing's wrong with it. There is no harm in it. But FreakyKBH seems to be denying that's that he's been doing it.
    Ah...
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 14:201 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I made a claim for which you provided ONE person who could fairly objectively be considered an exception to the stated rule.
    The only way you can accurately refute the claim would be to give counter-examples of atheists doing the opposite of what I claim, i.e., behaving in a conciliatory manner toward the Christian message/messenger.
    This you have (thus far, at least) failed to do.
    I mentioned stellspalfie, twhitehead, Proper Knob, SwissGambit and JS357 to name but five, in the hope you'd run their thoughtful efforts through your Christians-Mostly-Good-Atheists-Mostly-Bad prism.

But you just basically ignored it ~ or, in fact, what you did was issue the following dismissive evasion: "I couldn't care less your view of it or any other comparisons, because I think such an endeavor is a colossal waste of time, in addition to being a failure to disprove what has been stated previously."

In other words, you have been in retreat ever since you were asked to substantiate your claims comparing Christian openness/conciliation spirit to atheist openness/conciliation spirit; you clearly want to avoid being specific about people who post here. You have simply copped out. 🙂
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 14:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    I mentioned stellspalfie, twhitehead, Proper Knob, SwissGambit and JS357 to name but five, in the hope you'd run their thoughtful efforts through your Christians-Mostly-Good-Atheists-Mostly-Bad prism.

But you just basically ignored it ~ or, in fact, what you did was issue the following dismissive evasion: "I couldn't care less your view of it or any other co ...[text shortened]... clearly want to avoid being specific about people who post here. You have simply copped out. 🙂
    These folks that you've mentioned--- and even LJ, despite the previous comparisons--- you're trying to say they've not been hostile and antagonistic against the Christian message?
    Seriously?!?

Like I said: do the analysis I suggested (or, barring that, come up with your own) and see if your offering holds up.
    Bet it doesn't.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 14:42
    These folks that you've mentioned--- and even LJ, despite the previous comparisons--- you're trying to say they've not been hostile and antagonistic against the Christian message?
    Seriously?!?
    I am saying there is no more or less "reciprocity" or no more or less "conciliatory acceptance" towards the 'other side's' message or delivery on the part of those six atheists I have mentioned than there would be on the part of any six Christian regulars that you or I might cite as their counterparts in terms of forum contributions.

There has been a fair bit or "hostile and antagonistic" engagement on both sides of the Christian-Atheist aisle, and you have made no effort to substantiate your obviously partisan "analysis" in which you claim that the inflexibility has been "far heavier weighted the other way" [meaning among the atheists].

All you've been doing is rooting for your 'team' by making assertions. 🙂
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 15:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am saying there is no more or less "reciprocity" or no more or less "conciliatory acceptance" towards the 'other side's' message or delivery on the part of those six atheists I have mentioned than there would be on the part of any six Christian regulars that you or I might cite as their counterparts in terms of forum contributions.

There has been a fair bi ...[text shortened]... ong the atheists].

All you've been doing is rooting for your 'team' by making assertions. 🙂
    One way to prove your point...
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 15:211 edit
    One way to prove your point...
    The point you've attempted to make is yours ~ and it's yours to prove.

My observations of Christian-Atheist similarities/contrasts regarding "conciliatory acceptance towards the other side's message or delivery" do not corroborate your claims.

Note that I am not rooting for either side. I am saying that the two sides are much of a muchness. You have not demonstrated to me or ~ I think ~ anyone that your assertions hold any water. 🙂
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 21:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    The point you've attempted to make is yours ~ and it's yours to prove.

My observations of Christian-Atheist similarities/contrasts regarding "conciliatory acceptance towards the other side's message or delivery" do not corroborate your claims.

Note that I am not rooting for either side. I am saying that the two sides are much of a muchness. You have not demonstrated to me or ~ I think ~ anyone that your assertions hold any water. 🙂
    I contend that your assessment is based more upon your failure to pay attention than it is a better perspective.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 21:35
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    Got bread and cheese?

Got bread and cheese? Good. Got a roof over your head and a warm bed? Good. Got a job and means of transportation? Good. Got friends? John 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."

No Roman Centurion [in command of one hundred men] took Christ's Life. Christ dismissed His Spirit when the work of propitiating [satisfying] God's Justice and Righteousness [Divine Integrity] in order to make possible the reconciliation of depraved, helpless and hopeless mankind to God the Father was done. Christ's Unfailing Love was His motivation.

He loved us while we were at enmity with Him and Royal Family Member Status was still potential. You, personally, are the object of God's perfect plan? If there is a God who has revealed Himself and who has a perfect plan for every human being, doesn't it stand to reason that you owe God a hearing? Nothing is required except an open mind to what God says through His Word. We have nothing in this world to give except a hearing. It's your decision. The consequences are eternal....

"Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved." Acts 16:31 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name." John 1:12
    John 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree