1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 06:05
    This site has a spirituality section, specifically for religious motivated posts. Pretty sure we aren't in it right now.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 07:50
    Originally posted by apathist
    This site has a spirituality section, specifically for religious motivated posts. Pretty sure we aren't in it right now.
    I say we head over to the spirituality forum and play word association games and chat in a meandering way about nothing specific.😉

Having said that, if you have to tip toe past somebodies 'Thought for the Day' you could do a lot worse than Lloyd.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 08:17
    Strikes me that Lloyd is what we deserve for sending GB on extended leave. Still the proselytising, but now it's at saturation levels.
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 08:44
    I was thinking more of the recent incursion by right wing Republican hand wringers, for sure the post in question is in the wrong forum, but it is hard to get irate about the content.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 10:511 edit
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    I was thinking more of the recent incursion by right wing Republican hand wringers, for sure the post in question is in the wrong forum, but it is hard to get irate about the content.
    Do you suppose you'd enjoy Lloyd's treasure while your loved ones suffer torment for eternity?

I'm okay with gentle faith and worship, but that isn't what he offers.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 11:16
    Do you suppose you'd enjoy Lloyd's treasure while your loved ones suffer torment for eternity?

I'm okay with gentle faith and worship, but that isn't what he offers.
    But my loved ones are not going to suffer for eternity are they, because Lloyd and His fellow religionist's are labouring under a delusion.

However I do not see any of the smug spite and vitriol in Lloyds post that I have seen in the spirituality forum (from both sides of the debate).

If you subtract the supernatural element then the casual question "‘What would Jesus do?’" seems a reasonable guideline for doing less harm than good as we move inexorably back to the void of non existence.

Perhaps you need to recharge your apathy cells, and chill out about other peoples delusions.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 12:36
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Strikes me that Lloyd is what we deserve for sending GB on extended leave. Still the proselytising, but now it's at saturation levels.
    saturation levels??? hyperbole much?
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 12:39
    I meant that 100% of his posts are on the same topic, that's all. In comparison, religion is just one of GB's topics.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 13:183 edits
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I meant that 100% of his posts are on the same topic, that's all. In comparison, religion is just one of GB's topics.
    Sure, GB has occasional forays into spirituality but his approach is rather high brow
    for the usual stuff which passes for spirituality, never the less, if you examine the
    content of the spirituality forum you will see that the majority of posters are not
    theists at all, on the contrary, many are atheists whose main aim is it to promulgate
    materialism and to actively undermine religious tenets. Threads are regularly
    hijacked, arguments reduced to the level of tabloid newspapers, the plump humanity
    (Bosse) of a post, the life sucked out of it by the gelid tentacles of forum trolls.
    RJHinds actively thrives there, like some sea monster feeding on the highly acidic
    debris which emanates from an undersea thermal vent, regurgitating third party
    creationist website material to be counteracted by militant atheists trying to make
    him cannon fodder with the latest DNA dating methodology which they struggle to
    explain themselves. There are rants and raves, personal battles, head to heads,
    skulduggery of every kind, insinuations, pretentious postulating, assumptions which
    are passed of as some kind of self certified truths, bolted together in an all
    encompassing megalith to the ego, grotesquely protruding from some spiritual scrap
    yard, pontificating Kings lashing the sea from a room full of mirrors, innocent
    enquirers like Alice in wonderland wondering how the got there from the other side
    of a looking glass, ahhhh the horror, it contains all that is human, ironically, as
    opposed to that which is divine, for who can deny that its the human element which
    appeals to us most? Thats why GB is good for this place.
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 13:231 edit
    Sounds just like the Clans forum.
    P.S. Doesn't your machine do word wrap?
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 13:25
    "There are rants and raves, personal battles, head to heads,
    skulduggery of every kind, insinuations, pretentious postulating, assumptions which
    are passed of as some kind of self certified truths, bolted together in an all
    encompassing megalith to the ego, grotesquely protruding from some spiritual scrap
    yard, pontificating Kings lashing the sea from a room full of mirrors, innocent
    enquirers like Alice in wonderland wondering how the got there from the other side
    of a looking glass, ahhhh the horror, it contains all that is human, ironically as
    opposed to that which is divine,"

And that is just Robbie's contribution.🙂
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 15:10
    Originally posted by kevcvs57However I do not see any of the smug spite and vitriol in Lloyds post that I have seen in the spirituality forum (from both sides of the debate).
    Okay, I heard you this time.
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 15:151 edit
    Normally my eyes glaze and my attention wanders when I try to read great walls of text. I guess robbie is a poet master?
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 16:11
    Okay, I heard you this time.
    Lol maybe I should have said Lloyds post's belong in the spirituality forum, but Lloyd probably does'nt.
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 16:25
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Lol maybe I should have said Lloyds post's belong in the spirituality forum, but Lloyd probably does'nt.
    I'm kinda jealous of those with un-judgemental faith. Bottle it and sell it! Imagine knowing you're on the right path.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree