1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 12:52
    Originally posted by buckky
    See what I mean ?
    i know what you mean and i agree with you. why do you think so many wars appear all over the world? blind faith is a scary and dangerous thing. in an ideal world everyone would be taught about each religion and about the people who follow that religion.
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 15:49
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    In project management,a project is considered a success if it achieves a predefined aim. How do you define best religion overall ? I offer one definition based on a Vedic prayer. The religion which leads us from falsehood to truth,from darkness to light,from death to immortality could be that.
    Absolutely wonderful.

Keep it up.
  3. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 16:04
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Absolutely wonderful.

Keep it up.
    Many thanks, Dasa.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 18:25
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    In project management,a project is considered a success if it achieves a predefined aim. How do you define best religion overall ? I offer one definition based on a Vedic prayer. The religion which leads us from falsehood to truth,from darkness to light,from death to immortality could be that.
    As there are no universal, predefined aims, there can be no single objective test for "best" religion. There are, however, 6 billion+ subjective tests. If your religion based upon Vedic prayer works best for you, then good for you. But do not presume that it will work best for everyone.
  5. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 18:48
    Originally posted by rwingett
    As there are no universal, predefined aims, there can be no single objective test for "best" religion. There are, however, 6 billion+ subjective tests. If your religion based upon Vedic prayer works best for you, then good for you. But do not presume that it will work best for everyone.
    I would say that humans have a great many things in common than their numbers would imply. As regards the persisting yearning for seeing some light in the surrounding darkness is concerned,humanity must be thinking almost as one.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 18:55
    Religion must be about the transcendental self and God.

And the knowledge pertaining to the self and God must be correct for the religion to have any potency.

If the religion does not have potency it will not raise the consciousness to the level of love of God.

Therefore only true religion has this potency.

There are many ways to know if the religion on offer is true or not but it requires absolute honesty on the person enquiring.

Total honesty will allow the person to acknowledge the teachings and conclude the authenticy of the religion.

A dishonest person cannot conclude the teachings.

They will examine the teachings to see if they allow them to engage in certain materialist activities and if they do then they will choose that religion.

This is not the way to embrace religion.

Honesty must be there so the person does not go shopping around seeing which religion allows for killing animals and other material activities.

The Vedic teachings are those teachings which do not entice the person with offers of materialist allowances.

Therefore most persons reject the Vedic teachings because they are demanding proper behaviour and restriction from killing.

But more importantly Vedic teachings are the only teachings that have potency for they are true and are coming from the Supreme personality of Godhead.

No other religion has knowledge coming from the Supreme Lord.

Therefore all other religions teach falsity by attracting persons with materialist allowances for they are not potent and are devoid of true knowledge.

This is how to tell which religion is bonafide.

Materialistic allowances disqualify the religion as being bonafide.

Dishonest persons shall not care about this and embrace that religion which allows for the least amount of self control.

Therefore religion is one and the Vedic teachings are the only teachings supporting proper behaviour and self control and the rejection of materialistic allowances..
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 01:04
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You got it.
    i better not. i would end up teaching the christians about their religion and they don't like to hear the truth about it.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 02:49
    How many religious groups fall under the spell of group think. My religion is the best religion there is, and the leader of my religion is the greatest spiritual leader of all time. It seems to me that most if not all religious groups have this mind set. At one time I was involved with the Transcendental Meditation movement, and they also told us we were the ...[text shortened]... uth, and now we can relax with that realization is like getting caught in the mud and loving it.
    My veiw of cults are when people elevate organizations or personalities to a god-like status. No one should follow another flawed individual such as themselves.

Of course, I believe Christ to be God in the flesh, so following him is for me a way to escape this delimma. I have over the years removed myself from certain churches who I felt were not following Christ in certain areas.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 05:17
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    i better not. i would end up teaching the christians about their religion and they don't like to hear the truth about it.
    So you were taught the truth in the schools you attended? Is that why
    you are an atheist?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 05:36
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Religion must be about the transcendental self and God.

And the knowledge pertaining to the self and God must be correct for the religion to have any potency.

If the religion does not have potency it will not raise the consciousness to the level of love of God.

Therefore only true religion has this potency.

There are many ways to know if the religi ...[text shortened]... ngs supporting proper behaviour and self control and the rejection of materialistic allowances..
    Since you have materialist allowances yourself, are not you being dishonest?
    Since you are dishonest, then you cannot conclude the authenticy of the
    religion. If you had absolute honesty you would see, as I do, that you are
    being dishonest. That is why you do not see Jesus for who He is or see
    true Christianity; but you see only false Christianity and false religions and
    accept another false religion as being true. Your lack of absolute honesty
    allows you to replace the truth with a lie.
  11. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 06:56
    So you were taught the truth in the schools you attended? Is that why
    you are an atheist?
    no, i was taught to think for myself. i have rejected all the gods of the pagan religions based on reason and logic.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 07:331 edit
    Thats right. No one wants to belong to a second rate religion. It reminds me of someone that thinks that a Chevy is the best car, and no other cars come close. Some think that their football team is the best team out there. It goes on, and on untill you start to think everybody is sort of nuts. I'm a white guy, and white guys are the best guys. I'm a Christi ...[text shortened]... other religions are fake. It sort of makes one sick to think that humans are so small minded.
    I think you have a strange and slightly bitter view of people who are religious; it's a shame because none of the Christian's I know behave or talk how you describing here. However if they believe something is the truth then it is the truth for them.

Let me ask you something, are you married? Don't you think your spouse is the best person in the world?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 07:37
    One could hold that there are many valid paths toward "the truth", that they're free to choose the one that is most appropriate for their situation, and that others may justifiably choose a different one.
    One could hold that certainly; it wouldn't mean it was correct though.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 08:17
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    no, i was taught to think for myself. i have rejected all the gods of the pagan religions based on reason and logic.
    How about the Christian God? Certainly you could not use reason and
    logic to reject Jesus.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 08:47
    How about the Christian God? Certainly you could not use reason and
    logic to reject Jesus.
    LOL

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree