Growing up in  Jehovah Witness home

Growing up in Jehovah Witness home

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
39d

@divegeester said
So you are ok with it now?
STOP trying to put words in my mouth gooster. I didn't say I was ok with it. I said if it is ok for you to do then it is ok for me to do also. GET IT?? 🙂

-VR

Moves
39d

@very-rusty said
STOP trying to put words in my mouth gooster. I didn't say I was ok with it. I said if it is ok for you to do then it is ok for me to do also. GET IT?? 🙂

-VR
Good, we are aligned.
I’m pleased you have modified your somewhat silly pose.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
39d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You've said previously that a child from your church could answer my questions, and yet struggle to do so yourself.

How odd.
I've answered you many times. It is you that can't understand what the scriptures I've quoted to you explain. Perhaps you should not "lean on your own understanding" as the Bible says and pray to Jehovah for assistance.....
So as long as you keep asking a question that you don't understand, you must not be asking for Jehovah to help you? Give it a try....

Moves
39d

@galveston75 said
I've answered you many times. It is you that can't understand what the scriptures I've quoted to you explain. Perhaps you should not "lean on your own understanding" as the Bible says and pray to Jehovah for assistance.....
So as long as you keep asking a question that you don't understand, you must not be asking for Jehovah to help you? Give it a try....
I think you have your intellectual underpants at your ankles over this Galveston75.

Moves
39d

@divegeester said
But after commanding “thou shalt not kill” didn’t God send the Israelites into war on several occasions?

Your logic doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.
Medullah?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
39d

@divegeester said
Medullah?
I believe sir, you are being ignored! 🙂

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
39d

@divegeester said
Good, we are aligned.
I’m pleased you have modified your somewhat silly pose.
It must have been catching and I probably caught it from all the gibberish you are spewing. 🙂 😛

-VR

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
39d

@very-rusty said

Correct me if I am wrong but are the Israelites still not fighting?

-VR
Correction: The Israelites are still fighting.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
39d
1 edit

@the-gravedigger said
Of course they are....You have to learn sarcasm t-g!!! 🙂

We do get the news here in Canada. 🙂

-VR

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
38d

@very-rusty said
Of course they are....You have to learn sarcasm t-g!!! 🙂

We do get the news here in Canada. 🙂

-VR
Nice try 😉 😛

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
38d

@Very-Rusty

No he isn't, I don't stay fixed to just this forum. And the last thing that I would do is ignore DG's attempt to ensnare me having spotted it as soon as he pressed "send".

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
38d

@divegeester

It stacks up fine thanks.

The theme of not taking life is consistent through the old testament and on into the new testament where Jesus instructs to love one another.

It is also true that the Israelite were instructed to wage war or defend themselves. However, we (Christians) are not in that situation.

If you want to pick one out I[m happy to discuss, but please understand that I don't just sit on this forum so you might have to wait.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
38d

@the-gravedigger said
They are, but what is going on right now isn't quite the same as time of the Jewish King.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
38d

@medullah said
They are, but what is going on right now isn't quite the same as time of the Jewish King.
Very true.

Moves
38d

@medullah said
@divegeester

It stacks up fine thanks.

The theme of not taking life is consistent through the old testament and on into the new testament where Jesus instructs to love one another.

It is also true that the Israelite were instructed to wage war or defend themselves. However, we (Christians) are not in that situation.

If you want to pick one out I[m happy to discuss, but please understand that I don't just sit on this forum so you might have to wait.
No God told the Israelites to go in and take the land while putting to death every man woman child and animal. This was long after the Ten Commandments were given.

So your idea that Christians are not to go to war because of the commandment “thou shalt not kill” doesn’t add up.