Growing up in  Jehovah Witness home

Growing up in Jehovah Witness home

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
36d
3 edits

@medullah said
Hi VR

My perspective was that was that of scriptural, as the quotation was relegate to Christians. If you are saying that many Christians don't believe the scriptures then i wonder where their belief comes from?

Give me an example if you could, I'm always intrigued.
I've seen Christians Drunk and doing obscene things that is against their religion.

I don't believe any religion to be perfect old friend. 🙂

I never judge the whole religion on what a few may do or I should say get caught for being made public. That in my opinion would be every narrow minded.

-VR

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
36d

@Very-Rusty

This is the problem with any drug that can effect cognitive function, and I can actually see why the Mormons and Islam shuns it.

The UK is almost legendary for kids drinking too much abroad, getting out of control and doing daft things.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
36d

@divegeester said
Make your mind up Medullah…

Is the commandment “thou shalt not kill” relevant today or not?
It was never changed and didn't waver.

Yes of course.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
35d
1 edit

@medullah said
It was never changed and didn't waver.

Yes of course.
Jesus told the disciples to carry a sword while going around preaching. Do you think the purpose of the sword was to peel oranges?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
35d

@Rajk999

I'm visiting with family and just looking to see what is going on. If one were to do a little more research, one could actually find info they could learn instead of assuming. Jesus commanded that we are not to kill any humans' right?.
So your assumption is wrong that just a little research could show you why Jesus said this:

"Although now extinct in Palestine, anciently lions were very plentiful there. They were found in the area of the Anti-Lebanon and Hermon ranges (Song of Sol. 4:8), the thickets along the Jordan (Jer. 49:19; 50:44; Zech. 11:3), and in “the land of distress and hard conditions,” that is, the wilderness to the S of Judah.—Isa. 30:6; compare Deuteronomy 8:15.

There ya go......

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
35d

@galveston75 said
@Rajk999

I'm visiting with family and just looking to see what is going on. If one were to do a little more research, one could actually find info they could learn instead of assuming. Jesus commanded that we are not to kill any humans' right?.
So your assumption is wrong that just a little research could show you why Jesus said this:

"Although now extinct in ...[text shortened]... hat is, the wilderness to the S of Judah.—Isa. 30:6; compare Deuteronomy 8:15.

There ya go......
Wrong. You are not reading the bible properly. The ten commandments must be interpreted in the light of subsequent statements about killing. There are many people who are killed for various sins, such as adultery etc. Who did the killing? The people stoned these sinners to death. A man can beat and kill a thief that breaks into his house, and it is not a sin. So clearly the commandment "thou shall not kill", applies to murder, or killing an innocent person aka cold-blooded killing. Killing with a just cause is allowed.

Jesus came across lots of soldiers in Israel. Did he tell any of them to leave their job? Like the centurion, who had great faith. Did Jesus tell him not to kill?

Moves
34d

@galveston75 said
@Rajk999

Jesus commanded that we are not to kill any humans' right?.

"Although now extinct in Palestine, anciently lions were very plentiful there. They were found in the area of the Anti-Lebanon and Hermon ranges (Song of Sol. 4:8), the thickets along the Jordan (Jer. ...[text shortened]... hat is, the wilderness to the S of Judah.—Isa. 30:6; compare Deuteronomy 8:15.

There ya go......
I’ve already pointed out to Medullah elsewhere that God commanded the Israelites to go into a foreign land and kill men women and children. And this long AFTER the 10 Commandments were given. So it’s quite obvious that “thou shalt not kill” was NOT inclusive killing in warfare.

Your problem is you ONLY see in the Bible what you’re told to see by the Watchtower; you don’t see what’s actually there.

Moves
34d

@galveston75 said
I'm visiting with family and just looking to see what is going on.
Don’t they have internet or a cellular network then?

I suspect it’s less that you are “visiting relatives” and more that you’ve have had enough of your underpants being at your ankles and are disappearing off like you did 18 months ago.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
34d

@divegeester said
Don’t they have internet or a cellular network then?

I suspect it’s less that you are “visiting relatives” and more that you’ve have had enough of your underpants being at your ankles and are disappearing off like you did 18 months ago.
Not Nice!

-VR

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
34d

@Rajk999
"must be interpreted" you say? Just can't pass this one up.......

Who says you have the ability or permission to interpret the Bible? This is the problem you have my friend. No one can just sit at home and interpret anything from the bible on their own. Sorry you constantly miss that. If every human on the planet would do as you obviously do, nothing is accomplished and we all just end up with billions of interpretations.
The bible clearly says that this book, the bible is not open for "private interpretation" does it not?
It also says that his true followers would be in "full agreement" does it not? I would venture to say from all you've ever posted here, that maybe 3 would agree with you?

PS. I would quote those scriptures for you, but I really get tired of waisting my efforts as I know you know those scriptures, but you don't grasp their meanings. But there is still time left for Jehovah to help you if you really wanted it........

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
34d

@galveston75 said
@Rajk999
"must be interpreted" you say? Just can't pass this one up.......

Who says you have the ability or permission to interpret the Bible? This is the problem you have my friend. No one can just sit at home and interpret anything from the bible on their own. Sorry you constantly miss that. If every human on the planet would do as you obviously do, nothing is acc ...[text shortened]... their meanings. But there is still time left for Jehovah to help you if you really wanted it........
Are you telling me my only option is to listen to you and the Watchtower's interpretation of the bible? For real? The Watchtower? That failed organisation, run by dunces, idiots and sex offenders, promoters of false doctrines and failed prophesies? That one? No thanks.

Anyway back to the point. Here they are:
- God said do not kill.
- God said kill all the people living in the Land of Canaan
- God said to kill adulterers and a whole long list of sinners
- God said if you kill a thief caught in a house then you have not sinned.

If you need those old farts at the Watchtower to tell you that killing is OK and sanctioned by God in certain circumstances then you really are stupid.

Now as to your note about "private interpretation".... read the damn thing you fool :

.. Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. (2 Peter 1:20-21 KJV)

Peter is addressing prophecies. He is not telling people not to read the bible and interpret it for themselves. Peter is saying PROPHECIES come from God and God speaks to people through the Holy Spirit.

This applies to you jokers following the Watchtower. Prophecies come from God, and the fact that you have made hundreds of prophecies, none of which came to pass, means that God is not with you people. If anything Satan is in charge of the Watchtower.

Moves
34d

@divegeester said
I’ve already pointed out to Medullah elsewhere that God commanded the Israelites to go into a foreign land and kill men women and children. And this long AFTER the 10 Commandments were given. So it’s quite obvious that “thou shalt not kill” was NOT inclusive killing in warfare.

Your problem is you ONLY see in the Bible what you’re told to see by the Watchtower; you don’t see what’s actually there.
Killing is only allowed when ordered or approved by God. It's all about life; God gives it, and God takes it away.

Reading the missing footnotes of the 10 commandments: Thou shall not kill without my permission.

Where did you lift it from?

Theologians and scholars have long discussed the interpretation of the commandment "Thou shall not kill" in the context of the Bible, particularly in relation to the Old Testament and the actions of the Israelites. The argument that "Thou shall not kill" is meant as "Thou shall not murder" is rooted in the understanding that the commandment is not absolute but context-dependent. This interpretation suggests that the commandment against killing is not meant to prohibit all forms of killing but rather to limit it to cases of murder, which is defined as the unlawful killing of another person.

Moves
34d

@rajk999 said
Now as to your note about "private interpretation".... read the damn thing you fool :
@rajk999 said to @galveston75 : Now as to your note about "private interpretation".... read the damn thing you fool

I told you that you have one foot inside the door of hell, but don't realize it.

As a well informed Christian, which you claim to be, labeling others as FOOLS is something that Christ warned about. But of course, you will find your own interpretation to justify it.

"Whosoever shall say to his brother, ‘Raca,’ shall be in danger of the council; but whosoever shall say, ‘Thou FOOL,’ shall be in danger of hell fire."

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
34d

@pettytalk said
@rajk999 said to @galveston75 : Now as to your note about "private interpretation".... read the damn thing you fool

I told you that you have one foot inside the door of hell, but don't realize it.

As a well informed Christian, which you claim to be, labeling others as FOOLS is something that Christ warned about. But of course, you will find your own interpretation to ...[text shortened]... be in danger of the council; but whosoever shall say, ‘Thou FOOL,’ shall be in danger of hell fire."
Hey if one doesn't believe in Heaven or Hell, then what? 🙂

-VR

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
34d

@pettytalk said

As a well informed Christian, which you claim to be, labeling others as FOOLS is something that Christ warned about. But of course, you will find your own interpretation to ...[text shortened]... be in danger of the council; but whosoever shall say, ‘Thou FOOL,’ shall be in danger of hell fire."
Labelling others ? Apparently you are afflicted with the same disease as Galveston.