1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 22:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I finally got it now, Mr. 3 edits.
    good, you work for the edit police, how interesting.
  2. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 22:42
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    hi fella, it actually applies to everybody. christians are no happier than anybody else. so its irrelevant if you are a true believer, strong minded or weak, there is no measurable happiness related to religion/non religion.

are you a fan of that dude that sings with that girl out of ladyhawke?
    im aware of that, and no where did i say that one faction of religion is happier than any other group

what i replied to was your original question: why doesn't jesus make people happy?

i simply suggested that some people, that desire more than enlightenment/heaven are focusing on the wrong things in life. even if you were starving in the desert, you should relish in the fact that you're going to a better place instead of being unhappy over trivial matters

whats starving to death in comparison to eternal life?

not sure who ladyhawke is, sorry
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 22:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yeah i dont work either you lemon sucker, here is a piece of unsolicited advice, seek help, stop sucking lemons and for your information, i do physical work, outside, in Scottish winters and the heat of summer, not some namby pamby pen pushing, you got that.
    pen???? its 2013......laptop darling, we push keys.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 23:00
    Originally posted by empovsun
    im aware of that, and no where did i say that one faction of religion is happier than any other group

what i replied to was your original question: why doesn't jesus make people happy?

i simply suggested that some people, that desire more than enlightenment/heaven are focusing on the wrong things in life. even if you were starving in the desert, you s ...[text shortened]...

whats starving to death in comparison to eternal life?

not sure who ladyhawke is, sorry
    still not clear. are you saying people are all equally happy/unahppy but its the quality of their unhappy/happy that counts? or that being happy over eternal life is more happy than being happy over a meal when you are hungry....i dont get what you are saying dude?

the dudes in the band that do the song thats in your name were in a band with a girl, who left and did a band called ladyhawke.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 23:04
    pen???? its 2013......laptop darling, we push keys.
    button pushers /pen pushers, same same.
  6. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 23:111 edit
    still not clear. are you saying people are all equally happy/unahppy but its the quality of their unhappy/happy that counts? or that being happy over eternal life is more happy than being happy over a meal when you are hungry....i dont get what you are saying dude?

the dudes in the band that do the song thats in your name were in a band with a girl, who left and did a band called ladyhawke.
    yea, more towards the latter: eternal life (reward for belief in god(s)) > earthly pleasures/desire

too many fake religious people out there imo

oh and yes i am a fan. are you?
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 23:36
    yea, more towards the latter: eternal life (reward for belief in god(s)) > earthly pleasures/desire

too many fake religious people out there imo

oh and yes i am a fan. are you?
    so you are saying - the happiness for a christian comes later, not in this life. right?

kinda, ladyhawke i know, not sure ive heard empire of the sun play, just read about the guys in the band a few times. ill give em listen
  8. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 00:02
    yes, a 'greater' happiness is theoretically obtained after death
    but believing in a greater happiness should be enough to make oneself happy in this life, as well

hence why i brought up greed, desire, and selfishness within humanity

when people tell you about the kingdom and all the riches that comes with it [in heaven], why is it that people mention riches, at all? wouldn't riches be worthless in heaven? its funny when man-made constructs reach people's minds when discussing matters about god
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 00:06
    but believing in a greater happiness should be enough to make oneself happy in this life, as well

when people tell you about the kingdom and all the riches that comes with it [in heaven], why is it that people mention ...[text shortened]... n? its funny when man-made constructs reach people's minds when discussing matters about god
    ah, well. we are back to my original point.

if believing in a greater happiness makes you happy, why is this not measurable of visible in anyway. wouldnt christian communities be happier than average.
  10. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 00:52
    ah, well. we are back to my original point.

if believing in a greater happiness makes you happy, why is this not measurable of visible in anyway. wouldnt christian communities be happier than average.
    well, you can't measure happiness by looking at someone. you actually have to ask first...

and my previous post can apply to the majority of religion
    you don't have to be christian; all you need is an organized faith system

also you're disregarding environmental factors
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 11:415 edits

when people tell you about the kingdom and all the riches that comes with it [in heaven], why is it that people mention n? its funny when man-made constructs reach people's minds when discussing matters about god

when people tell you about the kingdom and all the riches that comes with it [in heaven], why is it that people mention riches, at all? wouldn't riches be worthless in heaven? its funny when man-made constructs reach people's minds when discussing matters about god

I agree with you above. This is why many of us go back to examine what the Bible really says.

It appears that the "riches" are the attributes of Jesus Himself which are duplicated within the saved. The saved are destined to be transformed and conformed into the same image as Christ. That is a kind of mass production of the standard model of a Son of God.

The destination is more a Person than a happy place.

For example - "Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers" (Romans 8:28)

Though there is great blessing of God to transform the environment, that is secondary. The primary aspect of salvation is the PEOPLE be transformed by the process of sanctification and are conformed inwardly and without into the same image of Christ.

Rather than "We shall have a lot of good stuff" the Apostle John says "We will be like Him" (1 John 3:2) .

That of course is just a fuller taste of what the Christian should be having an ongoing taste of through the Christian life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree