1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 20:54
    why doesnt jesus make people happy? if he does make people happy and there is no measurable difference between christians and non christians does this mean christians are by nature more sad than non-christians and the happiness of christ just brings them up to the everyday happiness of everybody else??

im not trying to be mean here or anything. but it does seem strange that there is no earthly benefit that is individual to christ.
  2. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 21:03
    greed is a powerful drug

but a drug, nonetheless
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 21:32
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    why doesnt jesus make people happy? if he does make people happy and there is no measurable difference between christians and non christians does this mean christians are by nature more sad than non-christians and the happiness of christ just brings them up to the everyday happiness of everybody else??

im not trying to be mean here or anything. but it does seem strange that there is no earthly benefit that is individual to christ.
    Im way more happier than the people i meet going house to house.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 21:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Im way more happier than the people i meet going house to house.
    how do you know? if you knocked on my door and ruined my afternoon id look pretty p***d off.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 21:44
    Originally posted by empovsun
    greed is a powerful drug

but a drug, nonetheless
    come on, fill in the blanks....we cant get by talking in cliches.

nice to have a new poster though.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 21:482 edits
    how do you know? if you knocked on my door and ruined my afternoon id look pretty p***d off.
    opening the door and answering a call is ruining your afternoon, what are you some kind of mega lemon sucker, i rest my case, you keep sucking lemons, ill keep being happy.
  7. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 21:56
    come on, fill in the blanks....we cant get by talking in cliches.

nice to have a new poster though.
    if a true believer in christ needs more than what god has given
    then they are just being greedy

im implying that your first question only correlates with the petty
    and the weak minded that weren't really believers, in the first place

ps. hi, nice to meet you
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 22:08
    opening the door and answering a call is ruining your afternoon, what are you some kind of mega lemon sucker, i rest my case, you keep sucking lemons, ill keep being happy.
    I'd guess that the last thing most of us who work 8 hours a day need is someone coming to our door and insisting on "a moment of your time" in the midst of our busy day or in the midst of our relaxation from our busy day or interrupting our sleep time because we work nights, and then to be laughed at because they interrupted whatever we were doing in our own home, our castle, in our own limited free time.

Look, cretin. I go to church every Sunday morning. That is the time I have allocated for worship, because it is my Sabbath day. You're not going to make your quota by knocking on my door ON SATURDAY, so don't waste your time. Be happy all you want, but to be happy because you intruded on my day is just mean.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 22:11
    no, opening a door to you would be ruin my afternoon.

you 'can i tell you about jehovah'

me 'is jehovah okay with me having a hand-shandy and giving my wife hot-licky-love'

you 'uuurhghghghgh......no' (pukes on my doorstep).

me (shuts door and tries not to let your ugly mug ruin my hand-shandy).
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 22:16
    Originally posted by empovsun
    if a true believer in christ needs more than what god has given
    then they are just being greedy

im implying that your first question only correlates with the petty
    and the weak minded that weren't really believers, in the first place

ps. hi, nice to meet you
    hi fella, it actually applies to everybody. christians are no happier than anybody else. so its irrelevant if you are a true believer, strong minded or weak, there is no measurable happiness related to religion/non religion.

are you a fan of that dude that sings with that girl out of ladyhawke?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 22:233 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'd guess that the last thing most of us who work 8 hours a day need is someone coming to our door and insisting on "a moment of your time" in the midst of our busy day or in the midst of our relaxation from our busy day or interrupting our sleep time because we work nights, and then to be laughed at because they interrupted whatever we were doing in our ow time. Be happy all you want, but to be happy because you intruded on my day is just mean.
    yeah i dont work either you lemon sucker, here is a piece of unsolicited advice, seek help, stop sucking lemons and for your information, i do physical work, outside, in Scottish winters and the heat of summer, not some namby pamby pen pushing, you got that.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 22:25

me 'is jehovah okay with me having a hand-shandy and giving my wife hot-licky-love'

LOL!

Yes, I did. lol I mean.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 22:293 edits

I usually ask, we are trying to find people that are interested in studying the bible, would that interest you?

if you then went on a rant about your sex life i would probably say, thanks but we are actually interested in people who would like to study the bible, would that interest you?

if you persisted, i would then probably tell the sisters that there was a perv living at that house and it would be wise not to go there in future.
  14. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 22:311 edit

You have a wonderful turn of phrase. 😵

I keep telling people that Jehovah is banned from this site

http://www.timeforchess.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=499559
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 22:37
    yeah i dont work either you lemon sucker, here is a piece of unsolicited advice, seek help, stop sucking lemons and for your information, i do physical work, outside, in Scottish winters and the heat of summer, not some namby pamby pen pushing, you got that.
    I finally got it now, Mr. 3 edits.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree