1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    23 Dec '15 09:02
    Sincere best wishes to all regardless of faith or lack of.
    Enjoy!
    😀
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86395
    23 Dec '15 09:11
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Sincere best wishes to all regardless of faith or lack of.
    Enjoy!
    😀
    Indeed, well stated and same to you, yours and all in here.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86395
    23 Dec '15 09:12
    Incidentally I felt obliged to apologise for wishing "Merry Christmas" to a group of people I was on a conference call with yesterday. It was international and there was one person from Dubai on the call.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35531
    23 Dec '15 09:34
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Incidentally I felt obliged to apologise for wishing "Merry Christmas" to a group of people I was on a conference call with yesterday. It was international and there was one person from Dubai on the call.
    That had to be awkward.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86395
    23 Dec '15 10:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That had to be awkward.
    It was! Fortunately everyone knew me very well and the middle-east guy is not particularly religious. Nevertheless I felt a bit embarrassed.
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14511
    23 Dec '15 10:24
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Sincere best wishes to all regardless of faith or lack of.
    Enjoy!
    😀
    Best wishes to everybody; May All Beings Be Happy!
    😵
  7. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    23 Dec '15 10:291 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Incidentally I felt obliged to apologise for wishing "Merry Christmas" to a group of people I was on a conference call with yesterday. It was international and there was one person from Dubai on the call.
    Why would someone from Dubai cause you to apologise?

    The Muslims I know would have no problem with someone wishing them a Merry Christmas, just as most Christians have no problem with Muslims wishing them well over Ramadan or Jews wishing them well over Hanukkah or a Hindus wishing a happy Diwali.

    I have been told "Ramadan Mubarak" or "Eid Mubarak" without taking any offence.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86395
    23 Dec '15 10:42
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why would someone from Dubai cause you to apologise?

    The Muslims I know would have no problem with someone wishing them a Merry Christmas, just as most Christians have no problem with Muslims wishing them well over Ramadan or Jews wishing them well over Hanukkah or a Hindus wishing a happy Diwali.

    I have been told "Ramadan Mubarak" or "Eid Mubarak" without taking any offence.
    It wasn't the guy from Dubai (I think he's Egyptian anyway) himself per-se. I just blurted an casual apology after blurting a casual "Merry Christmas". Where I work there is a high degree of political correctness and everyone says "happy holidays".
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86395
    23 Dec '15 10:43
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have been told "Ramadan Mubarak" or "Eid Mubarak" without taking any offence.
    Why would either offend you?
  10. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    23 Dec '15 11:33
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Sincere best wishes to all regardless of faith or lack of.
    Enjoy!
    😀
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well, and to all friends, foes and debaters on RHP. Hope the heated debates continue unabated 🙂

    Thankfully where Im from there is no such thing as political correctness. 😀
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    23 Dec '15 11:481 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Incidentally I felt obliged to apologise for wishing "Merry Christmas" to a group of people I was on a conference call with yesterday. It was international and there was one person from Dubai on the call.
    Just yell Allah Akbar! at the end and everything should be just peachy.

    At least you will know next year. You will have the added amusement of everyone scrambling for cover around the room thinking they are all going to be blown to smithereens.

    Merry Christmas to everyone, including Muslims and their war god allah.
  12. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    23 Dec '15 12:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why would either offend you?
    It wouldn't and didn't which is exactly my point.
  13. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    23 Dec '15 12:11
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Where I work there is a high degree of political correctness and everyone says "happy holidays".
    And why is that considered 'politically correct'? Are you sure they are not just non-Christians? What about those of us that don't get holidays?
  14. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    23 Dec '15 12:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    Just yell Allah Akbar! at the end and everything should be just peachy.
    RJ puts that at the end of all his posts. He just says it in English and Hebrew instead of Arabic.
  15. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    55287
    23 Dec '15 15:241 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It wasn't the guy from Dubai (I think he's Egyptian anyway) himself per-se. I just blurted an casual apology after blurting a casual "Merry Christmas". Where I work there is a high degree of political correctness and everyone says "happy holidays".
    People who say happy holidays should be slapped... I ain't got no holiday this Xmas... So, it's very insulting!

    If anyone gets their knickers in a twist over someone wishing them a happy Xmas or a joyous Hanuka or whatever... Screw them! Slap them!

    They're abusing our oxygen just by being alive.


    Edit:
    Yeah, so happy work-days one and all!
Back to Top