1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 00:16
    Originally posted by chaney3
    What does Easter represent?

What does Good Friday celebrate?
    Did you ever see The Passion of the Christ (2004)?

That is what Easter is about, not chocolate bunnies or dyed eggs.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 00:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Really?

Easter, the cornerstone of Christianity, the fact that the Son of God came to earth and was rejected so much that he was put to death, yet overcame death and was resurrected so that we might have life.

This means nothing to you?

I dunno, maybe it is the sheer emotion involved. I find the entire thing to be a story so moving, so sacrificial ...[text shortened]... /i] religion. One might be excused for thinking you might care about it, even if just a little.
    You are talking to the wrong person.
    Dive doesn't care.
    FMF doesn't care.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 00:19
    Really?

Easter, the cornerstone of Christianity, the fact that the Son of God came to earth and was rejected so much that he was put to death, yet overcame death and was resurrected so that we might have life.

This means nothing to you?
    There are plenty of Christians who do not celebrate Easter and choose not to for principled reasons. You are surely aware of this. And those who do not celebrate Easter nevertheless believe that "the Son of God came to earth and was rejected so much that he was put to death, yet overcame death and was resurrected so that we might have life." You will surely be aware of that too.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 00:21
    Originally posted by chaney3 to Suzianne
    Dive doesn't care.
    I think you'll find Suzianne was referring to what divegeester said.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 00:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think you'll find Suzianne was referring to what divegeester said.
    Either way, this subject is interesting.

Celebrating death?
    Celebrating crucifixion?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 00:25
    Really? Easter, the cornerstone of Christianity, the fact that the Son of God came to earth and was rejected so much that he was put to death, yet overcame death and was resurrected so that we might have life. This means nothing to you? I dunno, maybe it is the sheer emotion involved. I find the entire thing to be a story so moving, so sacrificial, so redemptive... it's easily the most moving part of the Bible for me. Maybe that's it, then. Can't ever show that caring side, eh? Not even when we're talking about the entire reason the religion still exists today. Supposedly your religion. One might be excused for thinking you might care about it, even if just a little.

People might think you've flown off the handle here without giving what you're saying a moment's thought.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 00:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Really? Easter, the cornerstone of Christianity, the fact that the Son of God came to earth and was rejected so much that he was put to death, yet overcame death and was resurrected so that we might have life. This means nothing to you? I dunno, maybe it is the sheer emotion involved. I find the entire thing to be a story so moving, so sacrificial, so redemp ...[text shortened]... ght think you've flown off the handle here without giving what you're saying a moment's thought.
    Name one. No, check that. You said people. Name two.

I mean, you know, besides you and the one I was replying to.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 00:48
    Name one. No, check that. You said people. Name two.

I mean, you know, besides you and the one I was replying to.
    Quakers, for example.

Are you aware of the principle/scripture-based objection to celebrating Easter?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 00:49
    Name one. No, check that. You said people. Name two. I mean, you know, besides you and the one I was replying to.
    I only celebrate Easter nowadays in a community solidarity sense, but it used to be important to me when I was a Christian.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 05:37
    So Easter means nothing to you? The crucifixion and resurrection?
    The festive holiday period commonly known as Easter means absolutely nothing to me, except a welcome break from work?

What does it mean to you as someone who had been undecided if they are a Christian or not for many years?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 05:391 edit
    Can't ever show that caring side, eh? Not even when we're talking about the entire reason the religion still exists today. Supposedly your religion. One might be excused for thinking you might care about it, even if just a little.
    You seem to be upset again.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 05:43
    Easter, the cornerstone of Christianity...
    Jesus Christ himself is the cornerstone, not this pagan festival which has been assimilated and turned into a grotesque commercial advertisement by the major denominations. Sometimes your shallow perspective of these things surprises me.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 05:44
    Originally posted by chaney3 to FMF
    It [Easter] matters to most [Christans] FMF.

Your Christian days would have taught you that.
    Is it important to you?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 05:46
    Dive doesn't care.
    FMF doesn't care.
    Do you care chaney3
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 11:46
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Jesus Christ himself is the cornerstone, not this pagan festival which has been assimilated and turned into a grotesque commercial advertisement by the major denominations. Sometimes your shallow perspective of these things surprises me.
    Church doctrine, the doctrine of men, the commandments of men, have overtaken Christianity. Jesus Christ and his teachings have been sidelined.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree