1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    25 Mar '05 21:44
    In 3 Days we are going to celebrate Jesus resurrection, will most of you go to Church or stay home and keep on the Internet because you are addicted to it?

    Luke 24:22-27
    22 Moreover, some women of our company amazed us. They were at the tomb early in the morning
    23 and did not find his body; and they came back saying that they had even seen a vision of angels, who said that he was ALIVE.
    24 Some of those who were with us went to the tomb, and found it just as the women had said; but him they did not see."
    25 And he said to them, "O foolish men, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken!
    26 Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?"
    27 And beginning with Moses and all the prophets, he interpreted to them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    25 Mar '05 21:52
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    In 3 Days we are going to celebrate Jesus resurrection, will most of you go to Church or stay home and keep on the Internet because you are addicted to it?

    Luke 24:22-27
    22 Moreover, some women of our company amazed us. They were at the tomb early in the morning
    23 and did not find his body; and they came back saying that they had even seen a vision of ...[text shortened]... nd all the prophets, he interpreted to them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
    I'll be at my sister's house. I will not be going to church and I will not be celebrating Jesus' supposed resurrection.
  3. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Joined
    22 Dec '04
    Moves
    41172
    25 Mar '05 22:44
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    In 3 Days we are going to celebrate Jesus resurrection, will most of you go to Church or stay home and keep on the Internet because you are addicted to it?

    Luke 24:22-27
    22 Moreover, some women of our company amazed us. They were at the tomb early in the morning
    23 and did not find his body; and they came back saying that they had even seen a vision of ...[text shortened]... nd all the prophets, he interpreted to them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
    I'll be singing His praises, brother.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    25 Mar '05 23:10
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I'll be at my sister's house. I will not be going to church and I will not be celebrating Jesus' supposed resurrection.
    Rob, I am wondering if for atheist if the "rite of spring" holds some meaning from a natural point of view. Today was a good day for me being outside and seeing creation starting to wake up.
  5. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Joined
    16 Nov '03
    Moves
    88863
    26 Mar '05 00:43
    I'll be planting trees. I can't imagine why someone wants to lock themselves up in some musty old church (or if you are a happy clappy, dancing to some rock group or sitting on plastic chairs) when you could be outside celebrating life by planting trees for the future.

    I planted 35 trees yesterday on 'Crucifixion Friday'. Today I plan to plant another twenty.

    Why is it called 'Good Friday?"
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    26 Mar '05 00:53
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Rob, I am wondering if for atheist if the "rite of spring" holds some meaning from a natural point of view. Today was a good day for me being outside and seeing creation starting to wake up.
    It was a better day to clean doggie doo out of the backyard.

    Easter was picked for around the vernal equinox to replace the
    polytheisitic , Ishtar day.
  7. Felicific Forest
    Joined
    15 Dec '02
    Moves
    23619
    26 Mar '05 01:02
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    I'll be planting trees. I can't imagine why someone wants to lock themselves up in some musty old church (or if you are a happy clappy, dancing to some rock group or sitting on plastic chairs) when you could be outside celebrating life by planting trees for the future.

    I planted 35 trees yesterday on 'Crucifixion Friday'. Today I plan to plant another twenty.

    Why is it called 'Good Friday?"

    Ask Kirk .......
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    26 Mar '05 01:04
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    I'll be planting trees. I can't imagine why someone wants to lock themselves up in some musty old church (or if you are a happy clappy, dancing to some rock group or sitting on plastic chairs) when you could be outside celebrating life by planting trees for the future.

    I planted 35 trees yesterday on 'Crucifixion Friday'. Today I plan to plant another twenty.

    Why is it called 'Good Friday?"
    A lot of Christians on the site give you crap. I'm a person of faith and I just want to say that if you choose to plant trees as a way for you to find fulfillment and create life, I got no bone to pick with you and I'm glad you're investing in the future as you see it.
  9. Felicific Forest
    Joined
    15 Dec '02
    Moves
    23619
    26 Mar '05 01:05
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    A lot of Christians on the site give you crap. I'm a person of faith and I just want to say that if you choose to plant trees as a way for you to find fulfillment and create life, I got no bone to pick with you and I'm glad you're investing in the future as you see it.

    Answer the man's question, Kirk:

    "Why is it called 'Good Friday?"
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    26 Mar '05 01:23
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

    Answer the man's question, Kirk:

    "Why is it called 'Good Friday?"
    Being the literary schola that I am, I didn't want to draw attention to myself with my command of the English language, but as you have put me in this uncomfortable position, I will answer.

    In Old English "good" meant "holy". It is that simple. Theologically, we all know that it was really a bad Friday.
  11. Felicific Forest
    Joined
    15 Dec '02
    Moves
    23619
    26 Mar '05 01:25
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Being the literary schola that I am, I didn't want to draw attention to myself with my command of the English language, but as you have put me in this uncomfortable position, I will answer.

    In Old English "good" meant "holy". It is that simple. Theologically, we all know that it was really a bad Friday.

    Is that all ? ... a reference to linguistics ?
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    26 Mar '05 01:27
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

    Is that all ? ... a reference to linguistics ?
    Brevity is the soul of wit.
  13. Felicific Forest
    Joined
    15 Dec '02
    Moves
    23619
    26 Mar '05 01:30
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Brevity is the soul of wit.

    "Jesus deliver me"
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    26 Mar '05 01:32
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

    "Jesus deliver me"
    That was brief and witty. You're coming along.
  15. Felicific Forest
    Joined
    15 Dec '02
    Moves
    23619
    26 Mar '05 01:56
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    That was brief and witty. You're coming along.

    Are you trying to convert me to Liberalism with a Christian icing on top ?
Back to Top