1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 03:55
    ...to all out there in chess land. I picked up my Dad today from the Nursing home and we had Thanksgiving with my wife, brother, daughters, 5 grandchildren, etc. Had a great time.
    I was frustrated picking up my father, lots of work. He is like dead weight. Had to drive out there, its snowing, blowing and cold (20'😉. After a struggle, got him in the car, packed the wheelchair and headed home. It was worse taking him back. But then I remembered what he went through when I was a child. How he worked two jobs to make ends meet. My brother and I were always getting into trouble. He got my brother and I through school, and was always there over the years to help out. After I bought my first house he stacked my firewood , painted our house, helped us financially, etc. He bailed me out when I wrecked my car. I had to get another, and he paid off my old car, never saying a word about it.
    I suddenly felt ashamed about my inner complaining. After reflecting on the past, it didn't seem as cold. I took him back gave him a hug and thanked him. It's all I can do now, he has Dimentia and doesn't remember much.
    I guess I am saying to you with parents, honor them, love them, you will miss them when they are gone. And be ye Thankful!🙂
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 04:06
    Ya pase Thanksgiving, hace un mes, gringo. Pero, felicidades y tengas fuerza por tu familia! Disfrutas en este momentos...este todos que hay.
  3. Colorado
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 04:53
    Happy Thanksgiving.
  4. England
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 11:53
    when is it i know a slight bit about why but not when?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 13:09
    Originally posted by David C
    Ya pase Thanksgiving, hace un mes, gringo. Pero, felicidades y tengas fuerza por tu familia! Disfrutas en este momentos...este todos que hay.
    Gringo? Usted eres gringo no? Yo soy borriqua! Como puede ser que Thanksgiving paso ase un mes?
  6. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 06:57
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Gringo? Usted eres gringo no? Yo soy borriqua! Como puede ser que Thanksgiving paso ase un mes?
    Yes are we not grateful for how The Pilgrims betrayed the American Indian.
  7. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 07:09
    Si, soy gringo...pero, vivo con mi familia en Canada. Thanksgiving pase en Octubre por aqui. Solo una broma, companero! Espero que tuvieras todo bien.
  8. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 07:50
    ...to all out there in chess land. I picked up my Dad today from the Nursing home and we had Thanksgiving with my wife, brother, daughters, 5 grandchildren, etc. Had a great time.
    I was frustrated picking up my father, lots of work. He is like dead weight. Had to drive out there, its snowing, blowing and cold (20'😉. After a struggle, got him in the ca ...[text shortened]... ith parents, honor them, love them, you will miss them when they are gone. And be ye Thankful!🙂
    Thank you, and peace be with you and your dad...
  9. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 07:53
    Stop trying to impress people with your Spanish because franky it sux....got something to say? Speak it in English...thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving....
  10. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 08:001 edit
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    Stop trying to impress people with your Spanish because franky it sux....got something to say? Speak it in English...thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving....
    edited. I'll do as I please, chance, but I appreciate your input.
  11. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 08:23
    edited edit as per TOC rules.**********************************.
  12. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 08:361 edit
    I apologize if I came across harshly, and I appreciate your doing as you please, but if you want the majority of people to understand what you're saying, and answer accordingly, please speak English...thanks, and peace.....
  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 08:47
    I apologize if I came across harshly, and I appreciate your doing as you please, but if you want the majority of people to understand what you're saying, and answer accordingly, please speak English...thanks, and peace.....
    Learn to speak English properly before trying to impress people.
  14. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 08:51
    I think you argue his point.
  15. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 09:10
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Learn to speak English properly before trying to impress people.
    Learn to shut up, and I guarantee you'll impress lots of people....😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree