1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 09:19
    We serve a risen Saviour! Death is defeated. Christ has risen - victorious over death, hell, satan and the grave.

Jesus Christ is the Resurrection and the Life. He who believes in Christ, though he may die, yet shall he live, (John 11:25).

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." 1 Peter 1:3
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 09:54
    Happy Easter everyone.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 10:001 edit
    Happy resurrection day.

I'm not into holiday celebrations myself, but it's good to remember what I'm living for once in a while.
  4. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 12:45
    Happy April fools day everyone.
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 13:58
    Originally posted by @biffo-konker
    Happy April fools day everyone.
    Never heard that said before. 😕🙄
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 23:113 edits
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Never heard that said before. 😕🙄
    Yeah, just WHO would say something as dumb as that?🙂

You know, why is it men allegedly rolled the stone in front of the 'grave' of JC but men could not possibly have rolled it back? Bible says JC was lathered in healing ointments, not something that would be done to a dead person.

In the book, Jesus lived in India, that story goes like this: He didn't die on the cross, and his buddies bribed the guards and they cut him down only 12 hours or less after he was put up on the cross and they covered him in healing lotions like aloe to help him recover, and he did.

Next he knew full well the Romans would not be so gentle next time so he beat it out of town up the silk road, where he founded several monasteries along the way and died in Kashmir, where supporting evidence in fact is there but cannot be analysed because of the war torn situation there.

There is a grave with half moon shapes drawn on the feet of the person in the grave and there would be no other reason except for someone with bad injuries to his foot.

So he told his followers to make up the cock and bull story of resurrection and ascending into heaven.

Sure, it could happen.

Sure, I could also jump off a thousand foot high cliff and spread my arms and flap real hard and safely land on the ground below.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 23:39
    Originally posted by @sonhouse

You know, why is it men allegedly rolled the stone in front of the 'grave' of JC but men could not possibly have rolled it back? Bible says JC was lathered in healing ointments, not something that would be done to a dead person.

In the book, Jesus lived in India, that story goes like this: He didn ...[text shortened]... usand foot high cliff and spread my arms and flap real hard and safely land on the ground below.
    "You know, why is it men allegedly rolled the stone in front of the 'grave' of JC but men could not possibly have rolled it back?"

Where did you get that idea? Why couldn't men roll the stone back?

They could, of course, but no one would dare do so with a squad of crack centurions standing guard of a tomb with a roman seal on it.

"Lathered in healing ointments"? Are you biblically ignorant?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '18 07:02
    Originally posted by @sonhouse

In the book, Jesus lived in India, that story goes like this: He didn ...[text shortened]... usand foot high cliff and spread my arms and flap real hard and safely land on the ground below.
    Lol
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '18 07:061 edit
    "Lathered in healing ointments"? Are you biblically ignorant?
    Did you read the entire post?

Sonhouse had a negative experience with Christianity when he was younger (I don’t know what it was) and has since been railing against it with such gems as the post above or his classic (shouted) ”I don’t know why you are all discussing this as it’s all bullshyte anyway”.

That last one really sends christians into a flat spin every time.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Apr '18 09:511 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Did you read the entire post?

Sonhouse had a negative experience with Christianity when he was younger (I don’t know what it was) and has since been railing against it with such gems as the post above or his classic (shouted) ”I don’t know why you are all discussing this as it’s all bullshyte anyway”.

That last one really sends christians into a flat spin every time.
    Was he the only one to have a negative experience with Christianity?

Maybe some of us believers had just as much or even more negative experience with the "anity" then he did.

There are those who are turned off to the Lord Jesus Himself because they want to be turned off.

Do you think none of the twelve disciples of Jesus had any negative experiences with the prevailing religion of their day?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '18 10:42
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Was he the only one to have a negative experience with Christianity?

Maybe some of us believers had just as much or even more negative experience with the "anity" then he did.

There are those who are turned off to the Lord Jesus Himself because they want to be turned off.

Do you think none of the twelve disciples of Jesus had any negative experiences with the prevailing religion of their day?
    Why are you asking me these questions?
    😕
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 00:27
    [b]...squad of crack centurions standing guard of a tomb with a roman seal on it.

😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree