Originally posted by RJHinds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=MAuM_5bwo6s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CIHPor_haA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw-0wR87okY
    So do you believe this?
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    15 May '12 00:48
    healing in the name of ... someone other than jesus.

YouTube

it's really sad that well meaning people are duped by shysters. all the more reason for socialized health care.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 May '12 01:43
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=MAuM_5bwo6s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CIHPor_haA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw-0wR87okY
    Yesterday you offered a bunch of these kinds of clips on the 'Evidence against Evolution' thread and referred to them as "false teachers". And now here you are offering a bunch of the same kind of clips and saying they are "healing in the name of Jesus". Seems like the Divegeester Curtain just flapped open once again.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '12 02:44
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So do you believe this?
    I believe it is possible and I have no good reason not to believe these particular healings. However, I realize Satan and his demons have great deceptive powers and many supposed healings are only deceptions by either man or Satan.

I don't consider these in that category, at least not at this point. If you can provide me with evidence it is faked, then I will consider it. However, at this moment I believe they are real miracle healings in the name of Jesus.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '12 02:51
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    healing in the name of ... someone other than jesus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzuHS_cBJcY

it's really sad that well meaning people are duped by shysters. all the more reason for socialized health care.
    That's a funny one. 😀
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '12 02:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yesterday you offered a bunch of these kinds of clips on the 'Evidence against Evolution' thread and referred to them as "false teachers". And now here you are offering a bunch of the same kind of clips and saying they are "healing in the name of Jesus". Seems like the Divegeester Curtain just flapped open once again.
    Because there are many false teachers in the world does not mean every teacher is a false teacher. Jesus warned us of such things.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 May '12 02:58
    After Christianity became firmly rooted, and with the passing of the apostles off the scene, such “gifts of healings” also passed away.—1Co 12:8, 9, 28, 30; 13:8, 13.

Can the ability to perform miracles come from a source other than the true God?

Moses and Aaron appeared before Pharaoh of Egypt to request that Israel be allowed to go into the wilderness to offer sacrifices to Jehovah. As evidence of divine backing, Moses directed Aaron to throw down his rod and it became a big snake. That miracle was done by God’s power. But then the magic-practicing priests of Egypt threw down their rods and these, too, became big snakes. (Ex. 7:8-12) By whose power did they perform their miracle?—Compare Deuteronomy 18:10-12.

In the 20th century some faith healing is performed in services conducted by the clergy of Christendom. Among non-Christian religions there are voodoo priests, witch doctors, medicine men, and others who also do healing; they often employ magic and divination. Some “psychic healers” say that their cures have nothing to do with religion. In all these instances, does the healing power come from the true God?

Matt. 24:24: “False Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs [“miracles,” TEV] and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones.”
    Matt. 7:15-23: “Be on the watch for the false prophets . . . Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works [“miracles,” JB, NE, TEV] in your name?’ And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.”
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 May '12 03:22
    Because there are many false teachers in the world does not mean every teacher is a false teacher. Jesus warned us of such things.
    Two sets of clips about charlatans that are basically the same. You declare one set "false teachers" and the other set "Healing in the name of Jesus". This is all in the context of your self anointment as someone doing "God's work" here and "becoming more like Jesus".

I personally don't believe there is "someone" called "Satan", whereas you mention "Satan" in your posts almost every day and sometimes in post after post after post, often used as a personal insult in lieu of actual discussion and common decency.

If I understand your concept of "Satan", as you explain it, these purported "healers" and "false teachers" are "doing Satan's work". And yet here you are touting the show business people in one clip and condemning the showbusiness people in the other. Completely arbitrary, superficial and gullible.

I have a feeling that the fact it doesn't make any sense doesn't really matter to you, just as long as you draw attention to yourself. That your 'ministry' in this public forum has deteriorated to this, ought to give you some pause for thought.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '12 03:361 edit
    After Christianity became firmly rooted, and with the passing of the apostles off the scene, such “gifts of healings” also passed away.—1Co 12:8, 9, 28, 30; 13:8, 13.

Can the ability to perform miracles come from a source other than the true God?

Moses and Aaron appeared before Pharaoh of Egypt to request that Israel be allowed to go into the wild ...[text shortened]... et then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.”
    Jesus the Christ is the true God. There is nothing in your reference that says the "gifts of healing" has passed away. It simply says not all members of body of Christ will have all these diffeent gifts. Look at it again.

There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same[b] Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.
    ( 1 Corinthians 12:4-11 NKJV)

Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.
    ( 1 Corinthians 12:27-31 NKJV)

The Watchtower Society wants you to think these gifts have passed away because the Jehovah's Witnesses are not the body of Christ. It is not a Christian church because they do not recognize Jesus the Christ as God. Therefore, none of the JWs have these gifts.

P.S. By the way, that more excellent way is Love.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 May '12 03:49
    Jesus the Christ is the true God. There is nothing in your reference that says the "gifts of healing" has passed away. It simply says not all members of body of Christ will have all these diffeent gifts. Look at it again.

There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversi ...[text shortened]... fore, none of the JWs have these gifts.

P.S. By the way, that more excellent way is Love.
    "I realize Satan and his demons have great deceptive powers and many supposed healings are only deceptions by either man or Satan. "

You should take your own advice on this one.

If you were to grasp why the healing powers were used when Jesus was on earth you would understand why they are not still used down to this day.
    If Jesus wanted that to continue for all these centurys that would have been expalined by him and told it would continue. But no where does it say that.
    I gave you the scripture that says clearly it would end but yet keeping up to your form, you refuse to see what is clearly stated in your Bible and instead continue on with your opinions.
    Does it ever end.......
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '12 04:02
    "I realize Satan and his demons have great deceptive powers and many supposed healings are only deceptions by either man or Satan. "

You should take your own advice on this one.

If you were to grasp why the healing powers were used when Jesus was on earth you would understand why they are not still used down to this day.
    If Jesus wanted that to ...[text shortened]... rly stated in your Bible and instead continue on with your opinions.
    Does it ever end.......
    You gave me no scripture that says the gift of healing ended. It's not there. It makes no difference how much you want it to be there, the fact is the gift of healing is still available for some in the true Christian church.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 May '12 04:10
    You gave me no scripture that says the gift of healing ended. It's not there. It makes no difference how much you want it to be there, the fact is the gift of healing is still available for some in the true Christian church.
    Yes I did. I'm not going to waist my time here as I know where this will go with you not understanding what the Bible says. You do your own thing no matter what is put before your blind eyes..............
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '12 05:33
    You do your own thing no matter what is put before your blind eyes...
    Who's talking to who here?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '12 06:41
    Yes I did. I'm not going to waist my time here as I know where this will go with you not understanding what the Bible says. You do your own thing no matter what is put before your blind eyes..............
    You put verse numbers in front of my eyss. I looked up those verses and put the written text in front of your eyes and you failed to point out the sentence that says the gift of healing has ended or anything like that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree