1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    26 Sep '09 00:451 edit
    This morning I was at the local courthouse. No, I wasn’t in any trouble. As I was in the courtroom waiting with parishioners, I listened to the various cases that came before the judge with some curiosity. The first few cases speed through as they were scheduled for continuance. Then came the case; no not the case of our sister in Christ, but for me it was “THE” case.

The states attorney read the facts of the crimes from her legal brief. As she began to read I noticed the two women sitting in front of us. One had her arm on the other offering comfort and support. Their faces were turned slightly aside and it was evident their eye’s were welling with tears. As the facts of the case came out, soon their tears came freely and unbidden. As the details, the horrid and awful events that had transpired in their family were laid bare before the court, and before perfect strangers, soon my own eyes filled with tears and my throat tightened. The two ladies with me brushed away tears from reddened eyes, as together we listened to this tale of tragedy.

I thought that I couldn’t have been more moved by a singular story. The lurid details are in themselves heartbreaking; the things we do to each other. Perhaps even more moving was the victim’s mother’s response read by a court advocate. The depth of her emotion and feeling was both heartbreaking and inspiring. I was blown away by the complexity of her anger, her pain, her frustration, and by her compassion.

This family, this tragic family, is broken. The victims will carry scars for the rest of their lives; internal wounds that may cripple them as adults. As I sat and listened and fought back my own tears, I asked myself how on earth could this happen? I sat and wondered how they would pick up the pieces of their life. The one thing that I kept coming back to was that this family desperately needed the healing power of Jesus Christ.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 22:12
    Originally posted by duecer
    This morning I was at the local courthouse. No, I wasn’t in any trouble. As I was in the courtroom waiting with parishioners, I listened to the various cases that came before the judge with some curiosity. The first few cases speed through as they were scheduled for continuance. Then came the case; no not the case of our sister in Christ, but for me it was “T ...[text shortened]... I kept coming back to was that this family desperately needed the healing power of Jesus Christ.
    Aye! "the Lord works in mysterious ways" -but that is just a throw-away line for this situation.
    Was it family court? I've seen a few people display similar emotions in family court when their children are being removed,often without juistification. Makes you so angry.
    There is a statue of a stone lady holding some scales (justice) out the front of a court house. I often feel like putting a blindfold around her eyes-but there are probably cameras watching...
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 22:24
    This morning I was at the local courthouse. No, I wasn’t in any trouble. As I was in the courtroom waiting with parishioners, I listened to the various cases that came before the judge with some curiosity. The first few cases speed through as they were scheduled for continuance. Then came the case; no not the case of our sister in Christ, but for me it was “T ...[text shortened]... I kept coming back to was that this family desperately needed the healing power of Jesus Christ.
    You are right on the money my friend.

No human invention of behavioral science can heal the wounds countless lives have suffered through the ages.

Jesus is our only hope.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 22:24
    this family desperately needed the healing power of Jesus Christ.
    Or a bit of faith of themselves.

It's so easy to put the responsability elsewhere. "It's not our fault, it's another's fault. Let's pray and problems will disappear for themselves with the aid of JC." I don't think so.

You haven't given any details of their story, but if the court found them guilty, then it's their own cross they have to bear, no supernatural being two thousands of years ago. If they have hurt somebody then they have to be sentenced to make the victims of their act ...
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 23:43
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Or a bit of faith of themselves.

It's so easy to put the responsability elsewhere. "It's not our fault, it's another's fault. Let's pray and problems will disappear for themselves with the aid of JC." I don't think so.

You haven't given any details of their story, but if the court found them guilty, then it's their own cross they have to bear, no su ...[text shortened]... have hurt somebody then they have to be sentenced to make the victims of their act ...
    You don't get it.

The women were the victims.

You missed the point altogether. You're not going to get details. What for? It's the same story in the headlines everyday. Brutality in all its gory manifestations. People hurting people by the millions.

We need The Saviour.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 23:47
    Originally posted by josephw
    You don't get it.

You missed the point altogether. You're not going to get details. What for? It's the same story in the headlines everyday. Brutality in all its gory manifestations. People hurting people by the millions.

We need The Saviour.
    We need to take the power back now! The Saviour is nowhere,Fabs was right
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 01:06
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    We need to take the power back now! The Saviour is nowhere,Fabs was right
    I saw in another thread, I forget where, a post of yours where you eloquently described your idea of where we are headed. It was very new age. I thought about replying to it, but somehow I thought that it might be a waste of time. You seem deeply entrenched in it.

If you don't want to start a thread about it maybe I'll dig up that post and do it myself.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 02:39
    You don't get it.

We need The Saviour.
    I can't help but think that a well-designed world wouldn't have these problems.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 05:131 edit
    I saw in another thread, I forget where, a post of yours where you eloquently described your idea of where we are headed. It was very new age. I thought about replying to it, but somehow I thought that it might be a waste of time. You seem deeply entrenched in it.

If you don't want to start a thread about it maybe I'll dig up that post and do it myself.
    Probably was more than on one thread ,knowing me. Alright,I'll start a new thread. We'll call it 'New Age'.
    And remember,Jesus is also here to GUIDE us.(I dont think you can just rest all your laurels on him)
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 05:29
    You don't get it.

We need The Saviour.
    Of course we need details.
    Are they innocent because they cry? Because they are women? Because they are elderly? Or what?
    Why are they the victims? Perhaps it's they who are the bad guys, the murderers? No wonder they cry when they're waiting fof the green mile...

We need..? No, you need the saviour. The rest of us take responsability for our actions.
  11. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 11:58
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Of course we need details.
    Are they innocent because they cry? Because they are women? Because they are elderly? Or what?
    Why are they the victims? Perhaps it's they who are the bad guys, the murderers? No wonder they cry when they're waiting fof the green mile...

We need..? No, you need the saviour. The rest of us take responsability for our actions.
    are seriously implying that a mother and her sister shouldn't cry because her daughter was molested? perhaps you have poor reading skills and didn't undersatnd the post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree