1. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 14:29
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    So if I believe that Allah exists, I can murder, rape and steal as much as I wish and still be guaranteed a place in Heaven?
    I didn't say that, I said the only reason that you will be in hell for ever.

But if you do other sins you may be in hell but not for ever.

So the only thing that guarantee you a place in hell is not beliveing in Allah.

And the only thing that give you a chance to be in heaven is to belive in Allah.

IS IT CLEAR ?
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 14:32
    Originally posted by ahosyney

And the only thing that give you a chance to be in heaven is to belive in Allah.

IS IT CLEAR ?
    Not at all. What sins take you to hell? And how long will you be there if you do believe in Allah?
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 14:36
    Not at all. What sins take you to hell? And how long will you be there if you do believe in Allah?
    Those two questions are up to Allah forgiveness and mercy:

Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 14:401 edit
    Those two questions are up to Allah forgiveness and mercy:

[b]004.048
    Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed.
    [/b]
    So in other words you don't have a clue whether or not you are going to Heaven ? Where does it say in the Quaran that you don't go to hell forever?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 14:411 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    There's no such thing.

However, if I did believe in it, I see no reason why I shouldn't be allowed in. I have never committed any act which deserves an eternity in hell.
    It sounds to me that you think there are potential acts which deserve an eternity in hell. If so, what are they?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 14:473 edits

IS IT CLEAR ?
    Why do you think it is that the only requirement is to believe in Allah and to worship him only in order to get into heaven? What is the reasoning or had you thought about it?
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 14:59
    So in other words you don't have a clue whether or not you are going to Heaven ? Where does it say in the Quaran that you don't go to hell forever?

To Allah belongeth all that is in the heavens and on earth. He forgiveth whom He pleaseth and punisheth whom He pleaseth; but Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

O ye who believe! Devour not usury, doubled and multiplied; but fear Allah; that ye may (really) prosper.

Fear the Fire, which is repaired for those who reject Faith:

And obey Allah and the Messenger; that ye may obtain mercy.

Be quick in the race for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Garden whose width is that (of the whole) of the heavens and of the earth, prepared for the righteous,-

Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain anger, and pardon (all) men;- for Allah loves those who do good;-

And those who, having done something to be ashamed of, or wronged their own souls, earnestly bring Allah to mind, and ask for forgiveness for their sins,- and who can forgive sins except Allah?- and are never obstinate in persisting knowingly in (the wrong) they have done.

For such the reward is forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens with rivers flowing underneath,- an eternal dwelling: How excellent a recompense for those who work (and strive)!

-------------------------------------
    O ye who believe! if ye fear Allah, He will grant you a criterion (to judge between right and wrong), remove from you (all) evil (that may afflict) you, and forgive you: for Allah is the Lord of grace unbounded.
    -----------------------------------
    Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
    -----------------------------------

It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah-fearing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another: they enjoin what is just, and forbid what is evil: they observe regular prayers, practise regular charity, and obey Allah and His Messenger. On them will Allah pour His mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

There is a lot more.... I don't know if I answered your questions
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 15:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why do you think it is that the only requirement is to believe in Allah and to worship him only in order to get into heaven? What is the reasoning or had you thought about it?
    I don't think I understand your question correctly ....

Read my previous post, I think they may answer your question !
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 15:50
    It sounds to me that you think there are potential acts which deserve an eternity in hell. If so, what are they?
    I'm not sure it's that simple. Firstly, since I don't believe heaven and hell exist, I'm not prepared to give a definition of them, consequently it would be hard to say what did and did not cause access to one or the other. Secondly, as a relativist, it would be impossible for me to draw a line at exactly where the division between forgiveable and unforgiveable would lay. Each act is its own entity with its own contextual parameters. I'd hazard a guess that pre-meditated murder, rape, torture and severe levels of assault (both physical and sexual) might fit the bill, but I couldn't close a definite boundary around them.
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 17:371 edit
    In Orthodox (capital “O,” note) Christianity, there is a very broad stream of interpretation (perhaps the majority one), going back to very early tradition and teaching, that one does not “go to” hell forever—indeed, such parables as the “wheat and the tares” and the “sheep and the goats” are taken to refer to aspects of ourselves, not to whole persons.* It is these aspects of ourselves that are removed by the fire of the spirit, and the original “image of God” person is thus “cured” (the original meaning of the Greek soterias, translated as salvation). It is this “purging” that is metaphorically referred to as “hell.”

You should also note that, in neither the Hebrew nor the Greek (nor in the original English, for that matter) does the word “sin” equate strictly with moral-evil or wrongdoing, but with illusion, error, etc. In the Orthodox churches, salvation is healing, not juridical pardon, as has become the prominent view in the West.

* This is actually the only reading of the wheat-and-tares parable that makes any sense—unless your theology allows for the “evil one” to create whole human beings.

“For the highest spirituality (and theology) of the first centuries, God will be ‘all in all.’ Certain fathers granted that God would turn away from those who turned away from him. This is what Western Scholasticism was to term poena damni, the penalty of damnation. Such a fundamentalist [sic] reading of the Gospels (which leads to speculation on the nature of the ‘worm’ and the ‘fire’ that will torment the damned) was denounced not only as external but as ‘absurd’ by the greatest representatives of early Christianity, for example by St Ambrose of Milan and John Cassian in the West, and in the East, quite apart from strict Origenism, by Gregory of Nyssa, John Climacus, Maximus the Confessor, and Isaac of Nineveh.

“For this last author, whose development of the doctrine of hell is undoubtedly the most important contribution to this subject in the whole of Christian theology, it is unthinkable and contrary to the very spirit of the Christian revelation that God should abandon anyone.”

—Olivier Clement, The Roots of Christian Mysticism

“But God is just, the moralists answer, and he must grant justice and punish transgression. But from what do they derive this ‘must’ to which they subordinate even God? Does there exist, then, some necessity which limits the love of God, limits his freedom? If there is, then God is not God or at least he is not the God that the Church knows.”

—Christos Yanneras, Elements of Faith: An Introduction to Orthodox Theology

One day a soldier asked an elder whether God grants pardon to sinners. The elder answered, “Tell me, my good friend, if your cloak is torn, do you throw it away?” The soldier replied, “No, I mend it and continue to use it.” The elder concluded, “If you take good care of your cloak, will not God be merciful to his own image?”

—Thomas Merton, Sayings of the Desert Fathers

“As is a grain of sand weighed against a large amount of gold, so, in God, is the demand for equitable judgment weighed against his compassion. As a handful of sand in the boundless ocean, so are the sins of the flesh in comparison to God’s providence and mercy. As a copious spring could not be stopped up with a handful of dust, so the Creator’s compassion cannot be conquered by the wickedness of creatures.”

—St. Isaac the Syrian (quoted in Olivier Clement, The Roots of Christian Mysticism)
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 18:511 edit
    I don't think I understand your question correctly ....

Read my previous post, I think they may answer your question !
    In the Christian tradition, the reason people are kept out of heaven is because of sin and there is no place in heaven for sin because God is a holy God. For that matter, the reason we die at all is because of sin. Therefore, the subject of man's sinfulness is the key to unlocking the mystery as to who enters and who does not.

In the Islamic tradition, is there a similarity? Also, would all Muslims give the same answer as you or are there other teachings or interpretations of the Quran?
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 19:34
    In the Christian tradition, the reason people are kept out of heaven is because of sin and there is no place in heaven for sin because God is a holy God. For that matter, the reason we die at all is because of sin. Therefore, the subject of man's sinfulness is the key to unlocking the mystery as to who enters and who does not.

In the Islamic tradition, i ...[text shortened]... slims give the same answer as you or are there other teachings or interpretations of the Quran?
    I did answer that before, the only sin that prevent a man from not being in heaven is not to belive in Allah or to worship any thing else with him. Every thing else could be forgiven.

And establish regular prayers at the two ends of the day and at the approaches of the night: For those things, that are good remove those that are evil: Be that the word of remembrance to those who remember (their Lord):

So good things remove bad things. The arabic word used here is 'Hasanat' which include any good even a simle in the face of your brother (As the prophet said in a hadith).

Allah clearly state that the purpose of man creation is to worship him. So as long you belive and do Goodies there is no reason that Allah punish you:
    -------------------

I have only created Jinns and men, that they may serve Me.

--------------------

The Hypocrites will be in the lowest depths of the Fire: no helper wilt thou find for them;-

Except for those who repent, mend (their lives) hold fast to Allah, and purify their religion as in Allah's sight: if so they will be (numbered) with the believers. And soon will Allah grant to the believers a reward of immense value.

What can Allah gain by your punishment, if ye are grateful and ye believe? Nay, it is Allah that recogniseth (all good), and knoweth all things.

---------------------------

In Hadith the prophet defined faith to be "what resides in heart and believed by your work". So faith without work is not faith.
    ----------------------

Also, would all Muslims give the same answer as you or are there other teachings or interpretations of the Quran?

Suna Muslims (90% of Muslims) will give you the same answer. The remaining 10% may differ in some concepts. But I don't know exactly what they could say.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 20:161 edit
    [b]I did answer that before, the only sin that prevent a man from not being in heaven is not to belive in Allah or to worship any thing else with him. Every thing else could be forgiven.
    How would you define worship?
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 02:36
    How would you define worship?
    Worship is to direct any act or requist to anything else except Allah.

So if you ask any one else except Allah forgivness then it is worship to that one.

If you pray to some one else then it is a worship to him.

If you even do any good with the name of something else then it is a worship to that thing.

For that reason Muslim start any thing in their life by "With the name of Allah the most mercifull and the most Gracious" to ensure that all of their acts and works are worship to Allah.

And the prophet said that "Any work that was not made for the name of Allah is not complete".
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 05:00

Allah clearly state that the purpose of man creation is to worship him. So as long you belive and do Goodies there is no reason that Allah punish you:
    -------------------
    Just to let you know this differs from the Christian tradition in that doing "goodies" does not get you into heaven nor does simply believing in God. Salvation is said to be a gift from God as a result of his grace lest any man should boast. Also it says in James that demons also believe in God, however, it does not save them. You must accept Christ as Lord and place your faith in his blood sacrifice to cleanse us of our transgressions as mentioned in Romans. In the Islamic tradition it appears God can recieve you without any cleansing process as where in the Judeo-Christian tradition God requires a blood cleansing sacrifice of some kind because he is a holy God and we are not and God demands a cleansing of some kind in order to recieve you into his holy habitation.

It does seem odd to me, however, that Allah is more concerned with those who worship other gods than with those who are altogether devoid of religion and care nothing about seeking him in any way.

I do have one more question, however. Is Allah regarded by Mohammad as being holy as is the Christian God?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree