1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 16:46
    If a single AB (at bat) was equivalent to a person which you had a one-on-one conversation with about Christ and asked them if they were interested in giving their life to Christ, and a H (hit) was if someone responed with a yes, who among the Evangelistic Christians in the forum would be Ty Cobb and who would be Rob Deer?

If there are many of you out there with relatively high averages, we will next be calculating your slugging percentage, with a home run being someone you've converted eventually being ordained as a Priest, Minister, Reverend or Pastor. I'm still trying to figure out what to equate backsliders as, so bear with me.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 17:20
    Originally posted by darvlay
    If a single AB (at bat) was equivalent to a person which you had a one-on-one conversation with about Christ and asked them if they were interested in giving their life to Christ, and a H (hit) was if someone responed with a yes, who among the Evangelistic Christians in the forum would be Ty Cobb and who would be Rob Deer?

If there are many of you out the ...[text shortened]... rend or Pastor. I'm still trying to figure out what to equate backsliders as, so bear with me.
    Rob Deer? What part of your subconscious did you dredge that name up from? Mr. Deer had a .220 lifetime batting average. Of course, both Cobb and Deer played for the Tigers.
  3. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 17:23
    I think Mario Mendoza may be an even more apt study in futility than Mr. Deer, although I didn't have to watch him flail about like rwingett probably did. 😀
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 17:28
    Originally posted by eagles54
    I think Mario Mendoza may be an even more apt study in futility than Mr. Deer, although I didn't have to watch him flail about like rwingett probably did. 😀
    Hey, what is that supposed to mean?

Mendoza had a .215 lifetime batting average.
  5. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 17:33
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Hey, what is that supposed to mean?

Mendoza had a .215 lifetime batting average.
    Hence Deer was the superior ballplayer strictly speaking from a batting average point of view.
  6. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 17:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 17:48
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    You guys even talk about sports like geeks.

You don't use the word "hence" when you're talking about sports.
    Better to know about sports and talk like a geek than to know nothing about them and talk like a longshoreman's b@stard son.

😉
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 17:58
    You guys even talk about sports like geeks.

You don't use the word "hence" when you're talking about sports.
    Ergo does sound better.

P
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 18:08
    Originally posted by eagles54
    Hence Deer was the superior ballplayer strictly speaking from a batting average point of view.
    Verily, I say that the right honorable Mr. Deer hit 230 homeruns, whilst Mr. Mendoza hitteth only 4.
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 18:18
    What is the spirituality here?
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 18:21
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Rob Deer? What part of your subconscious did you dredge that name up from? Mr. Deer had a .220 lifetime batting average. Of course, both Cobb and Deer played for the Tigers.
    Rob Deer was the only player to ever, in one season, have more strikeouts than his batting average.
  12. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 18:23

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 18:25
    Any of you Evangelists wanna weigh in with your guesses?

I think if one of you has even one hit, then you would be the Ty Cobb of the group.
  14. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 18:33
    Yeah but I do know sports, and I don't talk like a "longshoreman's bastard son", as you so eloquently phrased it.
    Ummm....that was not directed at YOU personally sasquatch. It was a general comment.
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 18:44
    Would agnostics be considered "free agents" in the battle of religious supremacy?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree