1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    02 Jun '06 15:11
    Besides Muslims and Christians, what other religious types will be in Heaven? Lucifershammer has stated the following:

    "I would say that a great number of practising Muslims would end up in heaven because, ultimately, they worship the same God Christians do - even if they see a lot of things differently."

    Does this also apply for Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses? What other religions can I expect to be knocking on the front door of my house on the hill?
  2. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Joined
    06 Jan '04
    Moves
    171019
    02 Jun '06 15:161 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Besides Muslims and Christians, what other religious types will be in Heaven? Lucifershammer has stated the following:

    "I would say that a great number of practising Muslims would end up in heaven because, ultimately, they worship the same God Christians do - even if they see a lot of things differently."

    Does this also apply for Mormons and Je What other religions can I expect to be knocking on the front door of my house on the hill?
    Oops. Apologies - didn't mean to post.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    02 Jun '06 15:18
    Originally posted by Redmike
    Oops. Apologies - didn't mean to post.
    You missed the 'Recommend' button, didn't you?
  4. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    14671
    02 Jun '06 15:20
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Besides Muslims and Christians, what other religious types will be in Heaven? Lucifershammer has stated the following:

    "I would say that a great number of practising Muslims would end up in heaven because, ultimately, they worship the same God Christians do - even if they see a lot of things differently."

    Does this also apply for Mormons and Je ...[text shortened]... What other religions can I expect to be knocking on the front door of my house on the hill?
    I think it's safe to say Tom Cruise and John Travola will burn in hell.

    Not because of the scientology thing, but for Cocktail and Battlefield Earth.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    02 Jun '06 15:50
    BTW, I'm being serious.
  6. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    14671
    02 Jun '06 16:09
    Originally posted by darvlay
    BTW, I'm being serious.
    So am I.
  7. The sky
    Joined
    05 Apr '05
    Moves
    10385
    02 Jun '06 16:22
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Besides Muslims and Christians, what other religious types will be in Heaven? Lucifershammer has stated the following:

    "I would say that a great number of practising Muslims would end up in heaven because, ultimately, they worship the same God Christians do - even if they see a lot of things differently."

    Does this also apply for Mormons and Je ...[text shortened]... What other religions can I expect to be knocking on the front door of my house on the hill?
    If it's about worshipping the same God, I'd assume that Jews and Baha'i would also be included.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    02 Jun '06 16:35
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    If it's about worshipping the same God, I'd assume that Jews and Baha'i would also be included.
    Seventh Day Adventists, too.
  9. London
    Joined
    02 Mar '04
    Moves
    36093
    02 Jun '06 16:56
    Acts 17:

    [22] So Paul, standing in the middle of the Are-op'agus, said: "Men of Athens, I perceive that in every way you are very religious.
    [23] For as I passed along, and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription, `To an unknown god.' What therefore you worship as unknown, this I proclaim to you.
    [24] The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man,
    [25] nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything.
    [26] And he made from one every nation of men to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their habitation,
    [27] that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel after him and find him. Yet he is not far from each one of us,
    [28] for `In him we live and move and have our being';
    as even some of your poets have said, `For we are indeed his offspring.'
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    02 Jun '06 17:05
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Acts 17:

    [22] So Paul, standing in the middle of the Are-op'agus, said: "Men of Athens, I perceive that in every way you are very religious.
    [23] For as I passed along, and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription, `To an unknown god.' What therefore you worship as unknown, this I proclaim to you.
    [24] T ...[text shortened]... have our being';
    as even some of your poets have said, `For we are indeed his offspring.'
    That doesn't really say much to a moron like me.

    Can you break it down for the layman?
  11. London
    Joined
    02 Mar '04
    Moves
    36093
    02 Jun '06 17:13
    Originally posted by darvlay
    That doesn't really say much to a moron like me.

    Can you break it down for the layman?
    It's possible to worship the "Christian" God even if you've never heard of Christ or Yahweh/Elohim/Allah.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    02 Jun '06 17:28
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    It's possible to worship the "Christian" God even if you've never heard of Christ or Yahweh/Elohim/Allah.
    Whether or not one has the oppurtunity to place their faith in Christ or not, it is clear as Christ states, "No one comes to the Father but by me." "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Let God be the judge.
  13. London
    Joined
    02 Mar '04
    Moves
    36093
    02 Jun '06 17:31
    Originally posted by whodey
    Whether or not one has the oppurtunity to place their faith in Christ or not, it is clear as Christ states, "No one comes to the Father but by me." "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Let God be the judge.
    Are you saying that someone who has not had the opportunity to "place their faith in Christ" cannot be saved?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    02 Jun '06 19:24
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Are you saying that someone who has not had the opportunity to "place their faith in Christ" cannot be saved?
    I will not be so bold as to determaine who is saved and who is not. I will say that those who died before Christ and those who have died after Christ but did not hear of him, may have been saved, but only through Christ's sacrifice.
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    05 Jun '06 18:31
    If you beleive in Aslan does that count?
Back to Top