1. Joined
    06 Jul '12
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 01:29
    "We are created in the image of our heavenly parents; we are God's spirit children. Therefore, we have a vast capacity for love—it is part of our spiritual heritage. What and how we love not only defines us as individuals; it also defines us as a church. Love is the defining characteristic of a disciple of Christ."
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 02:09
    Originally posted by Lloyd E Adkins
    "We are created in the image of our heavenly parents; we are God's spirit children. Therefore, we have a vast capacity for love—it is part of our spiritual heritage. What and how we love not only defines us as individuals; it also defines us as a church. Love is the defining characteristic of a disciple of Christ."
    I get the father bit, but, uh...who is the mother in this pairing of heavenly parents?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 04:16
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I get the father bit, but, uh...who is the mother in this pairing of heavenly parents?
    The only one left for that would be the Holy Spirit, but the Holy Spirit is referred to as He in the Holy Bible. So apparently a mother is not needed in this Heavenly relationship. Wonders galore with God! 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 05:051 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The only one left for that would be the Holy Spirit, but the Holy Spirit is referred to as He in the Holy Bible. So apparently a mother is not needed in this Heavenly relationship. Wonders galore with God! 😏

Else the holy spirit is a hermaphrodite (well would you look at that...I just blasphemed against the holy spirit! 😲)
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 05:47
    Seems God thinks families are for other people. He didn't bother himself. Poor little bugger had to borrow a mother ....
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 05:55

Would that make the two entities referred to as the father and the holy spirit...gay?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 07:50
    Originally posted by amolv06
    Would that make the two entities referred to as the father and the holy spirit...gay?
    I do not know how to classify their relationship, but I would bet there is more love between the three persons of the Godhead than any other relationship in the world.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 09:48
    does this mean love can be quantified? does this also mean that christians feel more love than atheists and other religions?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 12:08
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    does this mean love can be quantified? does this also mean that christians feel more love than atheists and other religions?
    Sounds good to me. 😏

10. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 19:371 edit
    I do not know how to classify their relationship, but I would bet there is more love between the three persons of the Godhead than any other relationship in the world.
    So this is why they created Marvin Gaye... to amplify that love, eh.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 22:52
    Originally posted by amolv06
    So this is why they created Marvin Gaye... to amplify that love, eh.
    I am not an expert on Marvin Gaye. I suppose you are taking about this Marvin Gaye:

YouTube&feature=related
  12. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 08:33
    Sounds good to me. 😏

Can you explain why?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 09:17

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '12 06:052 edits
    Who are our "Heavenly Parents"?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '12 22:10
    Hello...?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree