Hebrews 1:8

Hebrews 1:8

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jun 13

Originally posted by galveston75
What scripture is that? It says to worship or honor?
It is right there in Hebrews. Don't you read more than one verse at a time?

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jun 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
its crazee talk form Hinds all that snake dancing must have done for his head this time.
You did not read but that one verse in Hebrews either, did you?

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jun 13
2 edits

For the G-man and robbie: Quote from Hebrews

For to which of the angels did He ever say:

“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You”?

And again:

“I will be to Him a Father,
And He shall be to Me a Son”?

But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:

“Let all the angels of God worship Him.”

And of the angels He says:

“Who makes His angels spirits
And His ministers a flame of fire.”

But to the Son He says:

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

And:

“You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands."

(Hebrews 1:5-10 NKJV)

The Instructor

rc

Moves
28 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
Robbie,

I think your latest mock campaign of encouraging people that they believe in you is a tactic to get people to stop conversing with you. A bit of sly reverse psychology. A gimmick to be left alone, perhaps.
sorry dude, i cannot respect that, no disrespect to you personally, but well, you know, thats disrespectful dude.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jun 13

run along, there's a good fellow, try to leave reasoning to those that know what they are talking about.
Typical of you robbie. Sly arrogance mixed with hypocrisy.

Not to mention outright denial.

So far in this thread of yours no one is convinced by your arguments, except maybe Galveston, who, by the way, is as unremarkably deceived as you.

rc

Moves
28 Jun 13

Originally posted by josephw
Typical of you robbie. Sly arrogance mixed with hypocrisy.

Not to mention outright denial.

So far in this thread of yours no one is convinced by your arguments, except maybe Galveston, who, by the way, is as unremarkably deceived as you.
I cannot respect no reasons dude, you gotta provide reasons to get respect, opinions are not reasons.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Jun 13

hard for you to get away from the fact that the Christ refers to the father as 'My God', so you do what all evangelicals do, you ignore it and try to interpret some other verse in support of your paganism, its entirely typical and what we have come to expect.
hard for you to get away from the fact that the Christ refers to the father as 'My God', so you do what all evangelicals do, you ignore it and try to interpret some other verse in support of your paganism, its entirely typical and what we have come to expect.

No it is not "hard to get away from the fact" because some of us simply want to believe ALL that the Bible tells us.

Since Christ is God and man mingled we see in Him His divinity and His humanity both expressed.

rc

Moves
28 Jun 13
3 edits

Originally posted by sonship

No it is not "hard to get away from the fact" because some of us simply want to ...[text shortened]... ce Christ is God and man mingled we see in Him His divinity and His humanity both expressed.
sorry that doesn't explain anything, mingled? mingled? is that more mysterious meanderings of a non Biblical nature? Its telling that you need to resort to extra Biblical elements to explain your extra Biblical doctrine.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Jun 13
2 edits

sorry that doesn't explain anything, mingled? mingled? is that more mysterious meanderings of a non Biblical nature? Its telling that you need to resort to extra Biblical elements to explain your extra Biblical doctrine.
"Mingled" is a biblical word. And its modern day definition is helpful.

For two or more things to be "mingled" means that they are combined in a way so that the components remain distinguishable in the combination.

There is typology of Christ the Savior in the fine flour "mingled" with oil in the book of Leviticus. Fine flour representing Christ's fine humanity and oil signifying the divine Spirit of God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Jun 13
2 edits

What scripture is that? It says to worship or honor?
Here we go again.

"Let all the angels of God worship Him"

Worship - Entry # 4352 (Strong's Exhaustive Concordance - Greek Dictionary)

Same word as in Revelation 5:14 - "worship Him that lives forever and ever"

Same word in Rev.11:16 - "fell upon their faces, and worshipped God"

Same word when the angel rebuked John telling him to only worship God and not fall down before him (the angel) (Rev. 22:8,9) .

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jun 13

I cannot respect no reasons dude, you gotta provide reasons to get respect, opinions are not reasons.
When will you learn to provide authoritative evidence for your postulations?

From what Greek manuscript did you get that verse for example? The one your leaders allow you to use no doubt.

By the way, do you have permission to play here?

rc

Moves
28 Jun 13

Originally posted by josephw
When will you learn to provide authoritative evidence for your postulations?

From what Greek manuscript did you get that verse for example? The one your leaders allow you to use no doubt.

By the way, do you have permission to play here?
you dont believe in me dude, I cannot respect that. Play here? dude I am a chess artist! I dont play here, I create!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jun 13

you dont believe in me dude, I cannot respect that. Play here? dude I am a chess artist! I dont play here, I create!
I think you receive even less respect than me. That's pretty bad. What's wrong?

The Instructor

rc

Moves
28 Jun 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
I think you receive even less respect than me. That's pretty bad. What's wrong?

The Instructor
I dont know about that Hindleberg, you seem pretty low on the respectometer

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jun 13

I dont know about that Hindleberg, you seem pretty low on the respectometer
Obviously not as low as you from all the comments you have received lately. That's just my opinion though, and I know you don't respect my opinions or the opinions of others, especially, if I am the one posting them.

The Instructor