1. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    24 May '06 21:24
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Let's be honest; it goes both ways.
    There should be an atheist forum. That way we can stay out of each others way. Then again, that would take the fun out of it (and I'm not talking about the jibberish being sent back and forth but the possible interesting discussions that can be had between people with different points of views).

I know, I know, I am unwitty and boring.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 May '06 21:511 edit
    Originally posted by stocken
    There should be an atheist forum. That way we can stay out of each others way. Then again, that would take the fun out of it (and I'm not talking about the jibberish being sent back and forth but the possible interesting discussions that can be had between people with different points of views).

I know, I know, I am unwitty and boring.
    Fair enough. I guess I would tell the new Christian poster that if he wants Christian fellowship, the best thing to do is to a Christian web site. If he wants random interaction that comes at you from all directions, this would be the place to be.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    24 May '06 21:58
    Originally posted by whodey
    Fair enough. I guess I would tell the new Christian poster that if he wants Christian fellowship, the best thing to do is to a Christian web site.
    If he wants "fellowship", probably the best advice you can give him is to go to church. However, let me say this. If he wants to get ideas that challenge him or encourage him to explore, this is not a bad place. I encourage him to play some chess with some of the atheists on the site and make friends. I'm a Baptist minister and some of my most rewarding encounters on the site are with atheists or people who are, to put in Bruce Springsteens's words "looking for a little bit of God's mercy." Truthfully I can't recall a single time being put down by them.

If one wants to be corrupted on the internet, there are better places to go than playing a game of chess with atheists on this site. God bless.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 May '06 22:04
    If he wants "fellowship", probably the best advice you can give him is to go to church. However, let me say this. If he wants to get ideas that challenge him or encourage him to explore, this is not a bad place. I encourage him to play some chess with some of the atheists on the site and make friends. I'm a Baptist minister and some of my most reward ...[text shortened]... better places to go than playing a game of chess with atheists on this site. God bless.
    I would rec you but I am nonmember scum. 😞
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    24 May '06 22:07
    Well, you could quote the Apostle Peter, "Silver and Gold have I none, but I give you the love of Jesus Christ."
  6. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    24 May '06 22:17
    There. I rec'd it for you. 🙂
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 May '06 22:28
    Originally posted by stocken
    There. I rec'd it for you. 🙂
    THanks! While your at it, rec yourself as well......or is that possible? The world of RHP membership is nothing but a mystery to me.
  8. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    24 May '06 22:41
    THanks! While your at it, rec yourself as well......or is that possible? The world of RHP membership is nothing but a mystery to me.
    Nope, not possible, but thanks. 🙂
  9. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    25 May '06 00:00
    If he wants "fellowship", probably the best advice you can give him is to go to church. However, let me say this. If he wants to get ideas that challenge him or encourage him to explore, this is not a bad place. I encourage him to play some chess with some of the atheists on the site and make friends. I'm a Baptist minister and some of my most reward ...[text shortened]... better places to go than playing a game of chess with atheists on this site. God bless.
    Oh, we love you too Kirk.
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    25 May '06 00:17
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    That has nothing to do with this thread.
    Who started this thread?
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    25 May '06 00:41
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Oh, we love you too Kirk.
    I'll take what luv I can these days.
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    25 May '06 03:00
    I like the sentiment too Kirksey, but I'm not going to declare MY love for ya!!!
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    25 May '06 03:02
    Welcome,
    Unfortunatly this site is mostly invested with trolls. They come the sprituality site to mock and deride Christians and call us "God Botherers". They wonder why we come to the spirituality forum to discuss our faith.
    It's called a spirituality forum, not a Christianity forum. All people can be spiritual (even atheists), you know.
  14. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    25 May '06 22:00
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    Why do Christians have this incessant need to advertise their beliefs?
    Buddhists don't seem to do this but then I guess Buddhism is a more realistic philosophy than Christianity. People who believe in Christianity know deep down that its false so to bolster their belief they need to constantly find other followers of the greatest lie of humainity...
    ...[text shortened]... outside of the Christian doctrine. What are they afraid of !!!?

Have I been understood?
    I personally do take in information wherever I can. I think it's one trait of Christianity that is interesting because we are almost called to get up people's noses in a way. Jesus did this in his time. He said he came to bring a sword , so it can be pretty hairy stuff. The question is how to get up people's noses in the right way without being judgemental. Jesus was clever enough and secure enough to do this. A lot of Christians try to emulate him before they are ready.
  15. Meddling with things
    Moves
    25 May '06 22:16
    pay up!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree