1. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 13:03
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I told you I didn't post it in this thread, as it was ref'd the first time!

-m.

Edit: a you still blinker the fact that it wasn't posted for your merit. Butt out! 😠
    You think that you only have to provide a reference the first time you use someone else's words? How many years ago was it that you gave the reference?
  2. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 13:17
    Of course I am up to tricks. Much more entertaining than taking everything one reads on the web as 'Gospel.

If you read the original source and my post you will see that I did write it.

What's your prob Greenie?

You take great interests in my posting and for that reason I sense envy, because you don't stalk others like you do me. I find it pleasurab ...[text shortened]... not mention Job here, as I might infuse the book itself where I don't need it. 😛

-m.
    Of course I am up to tricks. Much more entertaining than taking everything one reads on the web as 'Gospel.

So, you admit you're a liar and a thief (of other peoples' thoughts and words)? And these characteristics, which most people consider enormous deficiencies of character, you think are entertainment? For whose benefit exactly?

I find you one of the creepiest people I've ever come into contact with. The only "interest" I take in you is exposing your character (which is not hard to do).
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 13:25
    I post this again, sumy, for your consideration, and only that.

It is an interesting dialogue, in response to your words below.

DO BUDDHISTS BELIEVE IN GOD?

No, we do not. There are several reasons for this. The Buddha, like modern sociologists and psychologists, believed that religious ideas, and especially the god idea, have their origin in fear. ...[text shortened]... d desire - and desires by their entirety are a falseness to oneself, not cleanliness!

-m.
    I agree for with all the wrong understandings of "God" you have outlined however I dont think we should throw the word "god" out altogether because I think it is still a very useful word in many cases.

Certainly any God that has attributes of any kind is not really the one "God" that permeates through all things. This "God" cannot be understood by the normal human ken and is even harder to talk about.
    God is pre-manifestation and so we can only approach the Idea through the proper use of the intellect, we can never isolate it as an object to be called "God"
  4. Wat?
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 13:53
    Originally posted by Green Paladin

So, you admit you're a liar and a thief (of other peoples' thoughts and words)? And these characteristics, which most people consider enormous deficiencies of character, you think are entertainment? For whose benefit exactly?

I ...[text shortened]... h. The only "interest" I take in you is exposing your character (which is not hard to do).
    I find you hilarous!

Boo!

-m.
  5. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 14:47
    I find you hilarous!

Boo!

-m.
    Well, if laughter really is the best medicine, you'd better get your chuckles in sooner rather than later.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 15:25
    Originally posted by sumydid
    That's another example of the way the World thinks. Most seem to believe that Christians are Christians because we were unhappy with life the way it was and needed some kind of crutch.

Faith and belief is not a simple matter of deciding.

One can no more decide to believe in something than one can just up and decide to fall in love with s ...[text shortened]... my conversion, being a Christian was the ugliest, most discomforting fate I could think of.
    Well, I don't think what you are saying applies very well to what I just said, but I may have said things like that in the past. To clarify, I don't think we freely decide to believe things as we would decide between vanilla or chocolate ice cream, but to the extent we are free at all at some point or about something, we do decide whether to put ourselves into situations that may result in our beliefs changing. But yes, I do think we decide that either because the situation we decide to go into is attractive to us or we are trying to leave a situation that we think is potentially or actually harmful. I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't think the crutch metaphor really applies, or, maybe we all need support in some way or another.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree