1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    21 May '14 14:251 edit
    http://www.relevantmagazine.com/god/church/6-heretics-should-be-banned-evangelicalism#lhlKVcZszgCb1Koz.01

rebuttal:
    http://www.therecapitulator.com/one-very-misleading-article-about-six-heretics-who-should-be-banned-from-evangelicalism-if-evangelicals-were-consistent/
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    21 May '14 15:452 edits
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    http://www.relevantmagazine.com/god/church/6-heretics-should-be-banned-evangelicalism#lhlKVcZszgCb1Koz.01

rebuttal:
    http://www.therecapitulator.com/one-very-misleading-article-about-six-heretics-who-should-be-banned-from-evangelicalism-if-evangelicals-were-consistent/
    How do you get 'banned' from evangelicalism? Do they tell you, "Our TV network will no longer air your telethons."? 😵
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 May '14 18:48
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    How do you get 'banned' from evangelicalism? Do they tell you, "Our TV network will no longer air your telethons."? 😵
    The problem is how man structures the church. If it were done according to biblical instructions there might not be so much corruption. Especially the kind we see in the public sphere.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    21 May '14 19:35
    Originally posted by josephw
    The problem is how man structures the church. If it were done according to biblical instructions there might not be so much corruption. Especially the kind we see in the public sphere.
    Man always structures the church, even if he does so according to biblical instructions.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 May '14 22:37
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Man always structures the church, even if he does so according to biblical instructions.
    Actually, God structures the church. Man gets in the way.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    21 May '14 22:41
    To substantiate that claim you need first to prove god actually exists...

I'm waiting...
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 May '14 22:58
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    To substantiate that claim you need first to prove god actually exists...

I'm waiting...
    Prove God exists? Why? I already know God exists!
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    21 May '14 22:58
    Absolutely right the Jewish leaders when Jesus was alive followed man-made rules and regulations that got in their way of seek God. And Jesus was that And he still is today.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 May '14 23:02
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Absolutely right the Jewish leaders when Jesus was alive followed man-made rules and regulations that got in their way of seek God. And Jesus was that And he still is today.
    🙂
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    21 May '14 23:02
    Prove God exists? Why? I already know God exists!
    To know something requires by definition the ability to prove it.

If you can't prove it you can't know it.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 May '14 23:10
    To know something requires by definition the ability to prove it.

If you can't prove it you can't know it.
    I'm glad God is the one defining the terms and not you.

Everything that exists is the evidence for the creator God. That's all you need and all you'll get. When you quit denying it, then you will know more. Until then your perceptions are limited to your immediate environment.
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    21 May '14 23:27
    I'm glad God is the one defining the terms and not you.

Everything that exists is the evidence for the creator God. That's all you need and all you'll get. When you quit denying it, then you will know more. Until then your perceptions are limited to your immediate environment.
    This is wrong.

For the universe to be evidence for god, the observation of it's existence must make
    the explanation that it was created by god more likely than any [and all] other potential
    explanations.

To be proof of the same it must make the explanation that god did it more likely beyond
    whatever threshold of probability is agreed upon as the threshold of proof in this field.

There are a whole slew of highly effective means of demonstrating that it is in fact vastly
    more probable that the universe could have formed naturally [as opposed to supernaturally]
    and a host of philosophical arguments that demonstrate that you simply cannot get from
    the universe exists to it must have a creator to that creator is god.

These arguments are made on a regular basis and you must have read [if not comprehended]
    them.

So saying to us that everything exists is evidence for god is both wrong and stupid.
    You know we are never going to accept that argument as it is multiply refuted.

It thus doesn't prove that god exists, you thus have not, and cannot prove god exists,
    and thus cannot know that god exists.

To prove me wrong you must prove to ME that you can prove god exists, BY proving
    that god exists.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 May '14 23:51
    This is wrong.

For the universe to be evidence for god, the observation of it's existence must make
    the explanation that it was created by god more likely than any [and all] other potential
    explanations.

To be proof of the same it must make the explanation that god did it more likely beyond
    whatever threshold of probability is agreed upon as ...[text shortened]... prove me wrong you must prove to ME that you can prove god exists, BY proving
    that god exists.
    Probability?

The sum of all man's knowledge isn't enough to put one shred of faith in, much less rely on a single probability that anything other than a creator could have brought the universe into existence.

The existence of the universe is the evidence and proof of a creator. You are way over complicating life.
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 May '14 00:06
    Probability?

The sum of all man's knowledge isn't enough to put one shred of faith in, much less rely on a single probability that anything other than a creator could have brought the universe into existence.

The existence of the universe [b]is
    the evidence and proof of a creator. You are way over complicating life.[/b]
    Stating your position that the universe is evidence of a creator over and over
    again does nothing to deal with the fact that that argument is long refuted.

Not just rebutted, but refuted. It's provably, and proven wrong.

Simply stating your position over and over again just makes you look stupid.
    It makes it look like you can't comprehend that your position is wrong.

And if you think our knowledge doesn't amount to much...

I suggest you go to the library of congress and start reading scientific papers...
    When you die, having got further and further from finishing as new papers are
    added faster than you can read them, maybe then you will comprehend how dumb
    that statement is.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 May '14 00:07
    Assuming a god exists.

How does he structure "the church"?

What church is it?

How is Man getting in the way?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree