1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Oct '11 16:03
    "Hidden Treasures in the Book of Job" is the next book i got on Kindle. Have not read it though becuase i just downloaded it. Looks awesome.
  2. England
    Moves
    26 Oct '11 19:57
    boy could i use that, read it 4xs and still have problems understanding the argument
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '11 22:43
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    "Hidden Treasures in the Book of Job" is the next book i got on Kindle. Have not read it though becuase i just downloaded it. Looks awesome.
    RB, I hope that once you do read it, you will give us all a synopsis and your thoughts on the book's strengths and weaknesses.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '11 11:59
    Originally posted by stoker
    boy could i use that, read it 4xs and still have problems understanding the argument
    What was the argument in your opinion?
    Kelly
  5. England
    Moves
    27 Oct '11 14:59
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What was the argument in your opinion?
    Kelly
    job v three then a young kid steps in at the end. job blames himself for his trials the three blame god, that much i got but they seem to go off on a rant all of them
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 20:43
    Originally posted by stoker
    job v three then a young kid steps in at the end. job blames himself for his trials the three blame god, that much i got but they seem to go off on a rant all of them
    Job is difficult. It seems that Job defends his integrity, but his three friends accuse him of harboring sin. Then a young fella chimes in and says essentially the same thing God says.

The younger man isn't mentioned again when God tells Job to make a sacrifice for his friends who apparently were wrong, yet there seems to be some contradictions between Job's righteousness and God's pronunciations.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree