1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Joined
    22 Dec '04
    Moves
    41172
    31 Mar '05 09:04
    "He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened."
    - On Stanley Baldwin

    "An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer."
    -Winston Churchill
  2. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Joined
    16 Nov '03
    Moves
    88863
    31 Mar '05 10:471 edit
    Originally posted by Darfius
    "He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened."
    - On Stanley Baldwin

    "An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer."
    -Winston Churchill
    Most amusing. Could you please give me the reference for the Churchill quote please. I have looked through my books but cannot find it.

    Try:
    The more I study religion, the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.
    -- Sir Richard Burton, in James A. Haught (editor) "2000 Years of Disbelief"
  3. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Joined
    16 Nov '03
    Moves
    88863
    31 Mar '05 10:49
    Originally posted by Darfius
    "An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer."
    -Winston Churchill[/b]
    Found it now. You took it from your religious website: http://discussions.godandscience.org/about424-45.html

    I see that the poster of this quote didn't attribute the quote...or do you have another source?
  4. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Joined
    22 Dec '04
    Moves
    41172
    31 Mar '05 19:25
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    Found it now. You took it from your religious website: http://discussions.godandscience.org/about424-45.html

    I see that the poster of this quote didn't attribute the quote...or do you have another source?
    I was under the impression he attributed it to Winston. If you don't think it's correct, I'll fix it to read Anonymous.
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    31382
    31 Mar '05 19:47
    A couple which I think are worthy of this little game of tennis Darfius wishes to play:

    "I wish to propose for the reader's favourable consideration a doctrine which may, I fear, appear wildly paradoxical and subversive. The doctrine in question is this: that it is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true." - Bertrand Russell

    "My spell-checker lacks the word 'creationism' in its dictionary, so each time that word is encountered, an alternative pops up at the bottom of my screen, 'cretinism'" - E.T. Babinski

    and my personal favourite...

    "Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" - Frank Zappa (Heavenly bank account, 1981)
  6. Graceland.
    Joined
    02 Dec '02
    Moves
    18130
    31 Mar '05 19:55
    An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and doesn't care who wins.
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower


    If there were no God, there would be no atheists.
    - Gilbert K. Chesterton
  7. Felicific Forest
    Joined
    15 Dec '02
    Moves
    23661
    31 Mar '05 19:59


    Pcaspian: "If there were no God, there would be no atheists.

    Gilbert K. Chesterton"



    😀 😵 😀
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    31382
    31 Mar '05 20:11
    Originally posted by pcaspian
    An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and doesn't care who wins.
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower


    If there were no God, there would be no atheists.
    - Gilbert K. Chesterton
    lol, on the contrary, there is no god and I'm still an atheist 🙂
Back to Top