1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 23:02
    Originally posted by Agerg
    No, I've always (as long as it counts) been an atheist ... I'm intrigued by the question though, what suggests I might previously have been a Christian?
    As in a past life?πŸ™‚
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 23:071 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [quote] "If our [b]hypothesis for Mount Sharp holds up, it challenges the notion that warm and wet conditions were transient, local, or only underground on Mars," said Ashwin Vasavada, Curiosity deputy project scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena. "A more radical explanation is that Mars' ancient, thicker atmosphere raised temperatur ...[text shortened]... andscape.html#jCp

It is just a hypothesis. That means it is a guess, pure speculation.[/b]
    Well, then, YOU explain it. Remember, there was only a world wide flood on Earth in YOUR mythology. You can't pull the flood card for Mars.

YOU explain how those layers clearly made by water were built up.
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 23:18
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    As in a past life?πŸ™‚
    I remember vaguely when I was really young of being terrified of such things my grandmother and mother believe{d,s} in and passed on to me - like hell, and prophecies that the world is going to end in a few years and stuff ... (I'd guess around 6 or 7).
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 23:34
    No, I've always (as long as it counts) been an atheist ... I'm intrigued by the question though, what suggests I might previously have been a Christian?
    Nothing in particular, I just had a feeling you had once been interested.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Dec '14 01:01
    I remember vaguely when I was really young of being terrified of such things my grandmother and mother believe{d,s} in and passed on to me - like hell, and prophecies that the world is going to end in a few years and stuff ... (I'd guess around 6 or 7).
    Funny, it's MY grandma that showed me the way out of religion. She pulled the hell card once too often, she was Pentacostal and my mother sent me to a Lutheran school and they baptize with a sprinkle of water on forehead but grandma insisted I would go to hell if I wasn't baptized in the Pentacostal total dunking way. About age 8. I did it to shut her up but it was then I saw quite clearly how screwed up organized religions are. Now I thank her for helping me see the lightπŸ˜‰
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Dec '14 05:07
    Funny, it's MY grandma that showed me the way out of religion. She pulled the hell card once too often, she was Pentacostal and my mother sent me to a Lutheran school and they baptize with a sprinkle of water on forehead but grandma insisted I would go to hell if I wasn't baptized in the Pentacostal total dunking way. About age 8. I did it to shut her up bu ...[text shortened]... e clearly how screwed up organized religions are. Now I thank her for helping me see the lightπŸ˜‰
    Sprinkling doesn't do it. Jesus wasn't just sprinkled. Listen to your grandma. She loved you and wanted you to be saved. That is why she warned you. Go get baptized right.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '14 09:22
    Sprinkling doesn't do it. Jesus wasn't just sprinkled. Listen to your grandma. She loved you and wanted you to be saved. That is why she warned you. Go get baptized right.
    You have made some horrible claims against me in the forum; Will you explain why your that assertion that I "deserve to burn in hell" for rejecting what you claim to be biblical teaching is not applicable to suzianne for rejecting biblical teaching?
  8. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    10 Dec '14 11:531 edit
    You're not listening.

He said : "I did it to shut her up..." so he WAS baptized in the "correct way".

Now what?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Dec '14 12:00
    Originally posted by CalJust
    You're not listening.

Now what?
    What do you expect from the deep conditioning, he sees what he wants to see in whatever he reads or hears. His deep seated cognitive dissonance makes him see only that which reaches through his deep programming. Unable to use his own brain because he fears death so his conditioning now makes him THINK he has no fear of death but it is still there close to the surface, it occludes his every thought, forcing him to deny the evidence for an old Earth right in front of his nose.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Dec '14 01:44
    Originally posted by CalJust
    You're not listening.

Now what?
    He should have done it because he believed in Jesus as his Saviour and not just to shut someone up. That is being deceitful and is a lie.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Dec '14 13:532 edits
    He should have done it because he believed in Jesus as his Saviour and not just to shut someone up. That is being deceitful and is a lie.
    It wasn't a lie, I already said I did it to shut her up, make her happy, I didn't believe that BS when I was 8 and I don't believe it now, even more strongly than back in ancient times when I was 8.

But, back to the OP, you have no answer for why there would have been water millions and billions of years ago on Mars, there was no WW flood as you claim for Earth. So there is no rationalization like you do to explain fossils which of course isn't even your own brain talking, just parroting what other BS video's you wish were true so desperately.

An entire lake of water will NOT evaporate in say one month and the layers are there in the thousands, literally, WAY more than can be done in a mere 6000 years.

There is NO getting around that fact.

BTW, there are people around the world who let their children die rather than go to a doctor who would have saved them:

YouTube
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 14:521 edit
    It wasn't a lie, I already said I did it to shut her up, make her happy, I didn't believe that BS when I was 8 and I don't believe it now, even more strongly than back in ancient times when I was 8.

But, back to the OP, you have no answer for why there would have been water millions and billions of years ago on Mars, there was no WW flood as you claim fo ...[text shortened]... er than go to a doctor who would have saved them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1ZTfBelcV0
    However, believing in Jesus and being baptized as He was will save your soul also. Then you will not have to worry about being in torment in the Lake of Fire and Brimstone.

I already told you that God used the water to cool things down. 😏
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 14:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You have made some horrible claims against me in the forum; Will you explain why your that assertion that I "deserve to burn in hell" for rejecting what you claim to be biblical teaching is not applicable to suzianne for rejecting biblical teaching?
    I'm not rejecting "biblical teaching". I'm rejecting Ron's version of "biblical teaching". His claims are not found in the Bible.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 15:09
    However, believing in Jesus and being baptized as He was will save your soul also. Then you will not have to worry about being in torment in the Lake of Fire and Brimstone.

I already told you that God used the water to cool things down. 😏
    Well, since YOU said it, it MUST be true, but I am not afraid of any brimstone or hell or whatever man made fantasy since that is what it is, man made fantasy.

And, you still have no way to figure out how to rationalize the layers on the crater on Mars, how to make it be only 6000 years old, not going to happen. The layers took millions of years to make and there is no getting around that.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 21:56
    Well, since YOU said it, it MUST be true, but I am not afraid of any brimstone or hell or whatever man made fantasy since that is what it is, man made fantasy.

And, you still have no way to figure out how to rationalize the layers on the crater on Mars, how to make it be only 6000 years old, not going to happen. The layers took millions of years to make and there is no getting around that.
    The rational is that the layers can't be older than Mars and Mars can't be older than the heavens and the Earth, which is only about 6,000 years old. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree