1. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 01:40
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Rev 19
    11I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God ...[text shortened]... n his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
    KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
    You have to be joking.

Whose blood is stained all over His robe? Is that the blood of the wicked yet helpless sinners that He sportively slaughters on His triumphant march of justice and truth? What will He do to satisfy His blood lust when He has slain every last one of them no-good, unworthy sumbitches?
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 01:511 edit
    Yep I believe, and yes I do think the current world is going to end.
    Kelly
    That makes me sad.🙁

Let me know when Jesus is on a horse smiting his enemies with an army of dudes in nice clean, white (of course!) linen.
  3. Joined
    11 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 08:38
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    You have to be joking.

Whose blood is stained all over His robe?
    I think the symbols used here are probably referring to Jewish purification rituals involving the blood of sacrifice. This passage is probably from a tradition equating Jesus's death on the cross with these sacrifices. This would mean that his robes are dipped in his own blood.

Most probably this passage is tying together different views of him as both the sacrificicial lamb and king.
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 08:46
    Originally posted by JadeMantis
    Most probably this passage is tying together different views of him as both the sacrificicial lamb and king.
    Maybe you can answer my question--the kind of question a child might ask (are we not scripturally enjoined to be as children?)--what is Jesus' name?
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 08:48
    Originally posted by JadeMantis
    I think the symbols used here are probably referring to Jewish purification rituals involving the blood of sacrifice. This passage is probably from a tradition equating Jesus's death on the cross with these sacrifices. This would mean that his robes are dipped in his own blood.

According to KellyJay, there are no symbols being used here: he believes it to be a literal account. So, please, do not muddy the waters by importing any sensible or reasonable interpretations here. 😵
  6. Joined
    11 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 10:21
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    According to KellyJay, there are no symbols being used here: he believes it to be a literal account. So, please, do not muddy the waters by importing any sensible or reasonable interpretations here. 😵
    Oops, sorry. My bad. We would not want that now would we...🙂
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 10:32
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    A question that occurred to me--what's Jesus' real name? Does God have a personal name for Jesus--or does he just call him Son?
    Are you implying that a name is more than a label and that there is such a thing as a 'real name'? If so what are the known properties of these supernatural things?
  8. Joined
    11 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 10:35
    Maybe you can answer my question--the kind of question a child might ask (are we not scripturally enjoined to be as children?)--what is Jesus' name?
    I don't know, what do you call your face?

Jesus is simply a specific manifestation of God within existance, why would he call him anything? For that matter, does God name anything?
    Remember it was left to Adam to name the animals. It was Moses who wanted a name for God, etc.

Someones "name" could be more than a label used to call them by but reflects their essence and authority - the nature of someone. I believe the hebrew usage is often in this stronger sense.
  9. Joined
    07 Apr '04
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 11:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    His followers spoke Aramaic and called him Yeshua. There were times when the Father referred to his son as his son, however. Why do you ask?
    You're right, he was known as Yeshua ben Pandira.
  10. Joined
    07 Apr '04
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 11:45
    A question that occurred to me--what's Jesus' real name? Does God have a personal name for Jesus--or does he just call him Son?
    Jesus was a Christ, indeed, but he was not the only one.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 15:31
    Originally posted by MikiD
    Jesus was a Christ, indeed, but he was not the only one.
    That's about as smart as saying Smokey wasn't the Bear. It was his middle name, for crying out loud!

Hard to explain why Jesus was called theChrist, how the entire OT foretold but one person in the role, etc. Don't bother answering.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 15:42
    Rev 19
    11I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God ...[text shortened]... n his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
    KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
    cool scriptures!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree