1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 18:50
    A question that occurred to me--what's Jesus' real name? Does God have a personal name for Jesus--or does he just call him Son?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 18:57
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    A question that occurred to me--what's Jesus' real name? Does God have a personal name for Jesus--or does he just call him Son?
    Rev 19
    11I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
    KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 19:02
    His followers spoke Aramaic and called him Yeshua. There were times when the Father referred to his son as his son, however. Why do you ask?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 19:08
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Rev 19
    11I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God ...[text shortened]... n his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
    KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
    OHHHHHHHH, that's soooooooooooo scary! You don't really LITERALLY believe in that claptrap, do ya?? There were a couple different Revelation-s floating around in the first couple centuries AD and they settled on this one. You think the world's really going to end like some 2nd Century Palestinian's (maybe) fantasies?
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 19:27
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why do you ask?
    Because it occurred to me to ask. Well, Kelly Jay gave a good answer--the rider has a name that he only knows himself (does God know that name too?) as well as another name, King of Kings etc.

One question leads to another--when did Jesus (assuming he and the rider are one and the same) learn to ride a horse?
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 19:35
    Because it occurred to me to ask. Well, Kelly Jay gave a good answer--the rider has a name that he only knows himself (does God know that name too?) as well as another name, King of Kings etc.

One question leads to another--when did Jesus (assuming he and the rider are one and the same) learn to ride a horse?
    Did Jesus' mother know his name?
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 19:38
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Did Jesus' mother know his name?
    I guess she would have called him Jesus, but it seems that wasn't his real name.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 19:39

God knows all. However, we only know what we are told. Therefore, we will know when God decides to tell us.

As for your other question, I believe Mary and Joseph sent him to equistrian school to learn to ride horses as a young lad.
  9. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 19:39
    Legion 😉 He's everywhere, he's everywhere... It would be like talking to yourself. 😞
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 20:08
    He's everywhere, he's everywhere...
    Am I the only person who remembers Chicken Man?
  11. Standard memberDerfel Cadarn
    The Mighty
    Rocky Mountains
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 20:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    God knows all. However, we only know what we are told. Therefore, we will know when God decides to tell us.

As for your other question, I believe Mary and Joseph sent him to equistrian school to learn to ride horses as a young lad.
    What's wrong with you? Jesus has a strong pimp hand, so he could just back hand that horse...

But for real, he could just MAKE the horse obey him.
  12. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 20:42
    Nope....
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 22:31
    You mean that dude from Burger King in the chicken suit who would do whatever you want him to do online? You sick, sick man. I know what you told him to do.
  14. The sky
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 22:49
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    You mean that dude from Burger King in the chicken suit who would do whatever you want him to do online? You sick, sick man. I know what you told him to do.
    So you were that dude from Burger King?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 23:05
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    OHHHHHHHH, that's soooooooooooo scary! You don't really LITERALLY believe in that claptrap, do ya?? There were a couple different Revelation-s floating around in the first couple centuries AD and they settled on this one. You think the world's really going to end like some 2nd Century Palestinian's (maybe) fantasies?
    Yep I believe, and yes I do think the current world is going to end.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree