1. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Jun '14 17:54
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think the reason Obama did not want to help them is because the US is on the path of becoming like Germany in regards to homeschooling.
    I think you make an excellent case for home schooling. If you went to public school in the US, then the system is clearly a failure.
    Lets see if I understood you correctly. You think the government (which you seem to think is run, singlehandedly by Obama) should let in Germans because they want to home school their children, but should keep out Mexicans?

What if Mexicans want to home school their children too? Should they then be allowed in?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Jun '14 17:58
    Originally posted by whodey
    I'm not sure the government will relinquish control of the children back to their parents. I think governments enjoy the freedom of indoctrination via hired staff if they so choose, along with the slanted left winged worldview to go along with it.
    What I foresee is much greater use of prerecorded lectures. This does not necessarily mean homeschooling. It could potentially mean better education at school. It could also mean a more uniform education which would fit nicely with those indoctrination plans.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    16 Jun '14 18:15
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I have to tell you BigDoggProblem, you realy impress me with your intellegent respoces. They are well thought out.
    Thanks. I've had a bit of experience with this issue as I was home-schooled myself.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '14 22:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Lets see if I understood you correctly. You think the government (which you seem to think is run, singlehandedly by Obama) should let in Germans because they want to home school their children, but should keep out Mexicans?

What if Mexicans want to home school their children too? Should they then be allowed in?
    Here is a taste of what I object to with public education.

http://libertyunyielding.com/2014/03/24/common-core-textbook-rewrites-second-amendment/

Obama and his goons came up with what is called "Common Core". Essentially it is material sent directly to the pupils from the Oval Office. In the article it explains how they are tinkering with wording in or to subvert such things as the second amendment. To me it is pretty chilling stuff to teach falsehoods in such a subtle manner just because they have a political agenda.

As for the Germans in question, I think special care should be taken for people trying to escape persecution from governments around the world. There does need to be a line drawn in the sand, however, when it comes to invading a country. What is the difference between taking up arms against a country to take the land verses just sending citizens across the border to take back territory or even consquer a government through the voting process?
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 01:27
    Even if they were teaching creationism along with evolution in schools why would atheist want to be fundamentalists and only allow one thing to be taught why not be open-minded to allow creationism to be taught or even something else other than the two?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 02:43
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Even if they were teaching creationism along with evolution in schools why would atheist want to be fundamentalists and only allow one thing to be taught why not be open-minded to allow creationism to be taught or even something else other than the two?
    That is the beauty of homeschooling.

Parents can choose what to teach their children verses having the state mandate what and how they should be taught.

Is evolutionary theory vital to a good education? Shrug.

I think it more important to foster an interest in such things as science and invoke internal curiosity rather than programmed drones. The most important things are critical thinking and children enjoying reading and to desire to learn things on their own.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 03:34
    Because creationism isn't science.

Because being open-minded on every whacky idea means we'd be endlessly wasting time on the myriad bad ideas people have. Life's too short.

Give me an alternative to evolution that's actually scientific, and then we'll talk. Until then, expect the same response as if you asked for push-ups in Math class.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 03:36
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Because creationism isn't science.

Because being open-minded on every whacky idea means we'd be endlessly wasting time on the myriad bad ideas people have. Life's too short.

Give me an alternative to evolution that's actually scientific, and then we'll talk. Until then, expect the same response as if you asked for push-ups in Math class.
    It can be part of History class.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 04:18
    Heh, sure. "This is what people used to think before Darwin." Fine with me. 🙂
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 04:44
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Heh, sure. "This is what people used to think before Darwin." Fine with me. 🙂
    Yes I know you're going to believe in your human God opinion of Darwinism go right ahead! Darwin didn't rise from the grave!
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 05:40
    No, it should be in Politics class.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 05:44
    Yes I know you're going to believe in your human God opinion of Darwinism go right ahead! Darwin didn't rise from the grave!
    Why do creationists seem to think Darwin is a god? Are you only capable of thinking in those terms?
    You presumably accept Newtons laws, and Einsteins relativity. Do you think Newton and Einstein were gods? Certainly they both revolutionized the Physics of their day.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 13:25
    No, it should be in Politics class.
    It has nothing to do with politics. But technically evolution has to do with politics because all ATheist do is b---h, nag, and complain about evolution.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 13:28
    Why do creationists seem to think Darwin is a god? Are you only capable of thinking in those terms?
    You presumably accept Newtons laws, and Einsteins relativity. Do you think Newton and Einstein were gods? Certainly they both revolutionized the Physics of their day.
    What are their laws and why do the laws have to be named after them aren't something else?

Are you stupid or something anything can be a God even a soccer ball could be a god or football could be a God anything can be a god are you stupid or something. Some religions worship the moon haven't you seen that on flags before or even the sun.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 13:42
    What are their laws and why do the laws have to be named after them aren't something else?
    They discovered the laws, so we give them credit by naming the laws after them. Its tradition.

Are you stupid or something anything can be a God even a soccer ball could be a god or football could be a God anything can be a god are you stupid or something. Some religions worship the moon haven't you seen that on flags before or even the sun.
    None of that addresses my post. I asked why you think Darwin is a god, but you do not say the same thing about Newton.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree