1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 14:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    They discovered the laws, so we give them credit by naming the laws after them. Its tradition.

[b]Are you stupid or something anything can be a God even a soccer ball could be a god or football could be a God anything can be a god are you stupid or something. Some religions worship the moon haven't you seen that on flags before or even the sun.

No ...[text shortened]... my post. I asked why you think Darwin is a god, but you do not say the same thing about Newton.[/b]
    Tradition is stupid! Tradition is how the British lost to us in our Gorilla warfare in the Revolutionary war!
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 14:20
    They discovered the laws, so we give them credit by naming the laws after them. Its tradition.

[b]Are you stupid or something anything can be a God even a soccer ball could be a god or football could be a God anything can be a god are you stupid or something. Some religions worship the moon haven't you seen that on flags before or even the sun.

No ...[text shortened]... my post. I asked why you think Darwin is a god, but you do not say the same thing about Newton.[/b]
    What's newtons law? I'm not going to Google it and waste my time looking it up? I'm sure I learned it in school but obviously didn't stick with me because science was always my least favorite subject in school! But obviously you can be smarter than that because what I just posted about Darwin was also meant for Newton too, are you stupid or something?
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 14:34
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    What's newtons law? I'm not going to Google it and waste my time looking it up? I'm sure I learned it in school but obviously didn't stick with me because science was always my least favorite subject in school! But obviously you can be smarter than that because what I just posted about Darwin was also meant for Newton too, are you stupid or something?
    What you posted, then and now, is incoherent gibberish.

What are their laws and why do the laws have to be named after them aren't something else?

Are you stupid or something anything can be a God even a soccer ball could be a god or football could be a God anything can be a god are you stupid or something. Some religions worship the moon haven't you seen that on flags before or even the sun.

Maybe if you tried utilising grammar and punctuation, and less the sheer incoherent
    rage you seem to suffer from, you might find your posts become comprehensible to
    other people.

For example, separate sentences should have a full stop between them.
    Questions should end in a question mark.

Take your last 'sentence' for example.

"Some religions worship the moon haven't you seen that on flags before or even the sun."

No, I have neither seen "Some religions worship the moon" on a flag, OR the Sun.
    I haven't seen the moon on the sun either... Although I've seen it pass in front of it.

However while that's what you said I rather suspect it's not even close to what you meant.

So perhaps you should spend less time asking people if they are stupid, and spend that time
    making your posts say what you actually mean.

It's one thing to be relaxed about grammar and spelling to the extent that we are just informally
    chatting with one another and thus don't need to follow the rules as strictly as we might in
    an official document or document for publication.

It's another thing to forget the rules to the extent that you cease to be coherent or intelligible.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 14:48
    Tradition is stupid! Tradition is how the British lost to us in our Gorilla warfare in the Revolutionary war!
    So, make up your own names for science laws if you like. But good luck trying to explain to someone else what you are talking about.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 14:56
    What's newtons law?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton's_laws_of_motion
    First law: When viewed in an inertial reference frame, an object either remains at rest or continues to move at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by an external force.
    Second law: F = ma. The vector sum of the forces F on an object is equal to the mass m of that object multiplied by the acceleration vector a of the object.
    Third law: When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction on the first body.

But obviously you can be smarter than that because what I just posted about Darwin was also meant for Newton too, are you stupid or something?
    So are you saying you reject all science, because scientist do not rise from the grave?

One things for sure, home schooled or public schooled, I sure hope you don't get to be involved in the education system.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 16:14
    Yes I know you're going to believe in your human God opinion of Darwinism go right ahead! Darwin didn't rise from the grave!
    Darwin wasn't a god. He was a man. He was right about some things and wrong about others. When it came to biology, he was right a lot more than he was wrong. There were also others who were coming to the same conclusion about evolution.

This is how science beats death. Nothing as theatrical as rising from the grave. It's as simple as recording your better ideas for the next generation, which builds on them.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 12:231 edit
    Why do creationists seem to think Darwin is a god? Are you only capable of thinking in those terms?
    You presumably accept Newtons laws, and Einsteins relativity. Do you think Newton and Einstein were gods? Certainly they both revolutionized the Physics of their day.
    Face it, knowledge of evolution is a very minor aspect to education and even less of an aspect to life in general. Those who have never even heard of evolution do just fine in life.

Interestingly, students are never really taught how to manage their money in school. They often obtain credit cards in college and run up unbelievable debt just to go to college while learning about Charles Darwin. Then they get out of school and find themselves bound by a crushing debt the government has made sure that they can never escape from.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 13:041 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Those who have never even heard of evolution do just fine in life.
    The same can be said of about 99% of what is taught in school. I often have trouble explaining to my son why he needs to learn certain things. Half the time, the reason you need to know something in school, is because it is a prerequisite for something else you will need to learn later on, that may be almost totally useless to you if you choose not to take up a career that uses that information.
    But school does, hopefully, teach you how to think, and how to learn, and gives you a wide range of basic knowledge that you may or may not need later in life.

Face it, knowledge of evolution is a very minor aspect to education and even less of an aspect to life in general.
    This depends very much on what education and what career you wish to follow. Evolution is a critical, and major part of Biology, so if you want to follow a career that involves biology, then you should learn about it. This includes people going into medicine.

Interestingly, students are never really taught how to manage their money in school.
    That is because the school system is designed to prepare you for jobs, not to make you a better person, or make you run your own life better. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing is another matter - but it is the case.

I notice however that you haven't even attempted to address what I said in the post you were responding to. Why is it that creationists think Darwin is a god?
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 19:03
    Originally posted by whodey
    Face it, knowledge of evolution is a very minor aspect to education and even less of an aspect to life in general. Those who have never even heard of evolution do just fine in life.

Interestingly, students are never really taught how to manage their money in school. They often obtain credit cards in college and run up unbelievable debt just to go to coll ...[text shortened]... hemselves bound by a crushing debt the government has made sure that they can never escape from.
    I thought the whole point of education was to set the sights higher than 'do just fine'.

Was I the only one who had to compute interest payments in math class? Combine that with arithmetic and you can balance your own budget.

Admittedly, it would be helpful to have some material on how to run your financial house. There should be more taught on budgeting money, typical loans [student, car, mortgage] and investing [long-term/retirement as well as short term].

I agree that college has become a racket that costs an absurd amount of money. With the internet at the ready, there is no need to fund elaborate campuses and charge tens of thousand of dollars in tuition. One can learn all the same things in the comfort of their own home, and they need only have a decently fast internet connection.

I think that employers should move more towards a certification model. Why should my employer pay for me to take classes like World Geography, when that is of little benefit to me, or them? [I'm an electronics tech who has thought about getting a comp. science degree]. They'd do better just getting me certified to program in the requisite language(s) and skip all the filler.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree