1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Apr '16 18:08
    "...The priests then bound them all to the posts in the manner set forth in the ritual texts. Three hundred beasts in addition to Dasaratha's jewel of a horse were bound there to the sacrificial posts. Kausalya walked reverently all around the horse and then with the greatest joy cut it with three knives...Then the officiating priest, who was extremely adept and held his senses in check, removed the fat of the horse and cooked it in the manner prescribed in the ritual texts. At the proper time and in accordance with the ritual prescriptions, the lord of men then sniffed the fragrance of the smoking fat, thereby freeing himself from sin...The Horse Sacrifice is known as the Three-Day Rite; for both the kalpasutra and the brahmanas refer to the Horse Sacrifice as a rite lasting for three days."

Ramayana 1:13:24-33.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Apr '16 18:12
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    "...The priests then bound them all to the posts in the manner set forth in the ritual texts. Three hundred beasts in addition to Dasaratha's jewel of a horse were bound there to the sacrificial posts. Kausalya walked reverently all around the horse and then with the greatest joy cut it with three knives...Then the officiating priest, who was extreme ...[text shortened]... rahmanas refer to the Horse Sacrifice as a rite lasting for three days."

Ramayana 1:13:24-33.
    I'm starting to really like you 😀
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Apr '16 07:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm starting to really like you 😀
    I'm sure Dasa is building up to contributing to this thread. After all, he has gone to great lengths to condemn religions for their treatment of animals.

No doubt my translation is incorrect, and instead of Kausalya taking great joy in cutting the horse with three knives, she actually tiggled it with three feather dusters.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Apr '16 20:54
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I'm sure Dasa is building up to contributing to this thread. After all, he has gone to great lengths to condemn religions for their treatment of animals.

No doubt my translation is incorrect, and instead of Kausalya taking great joy in cutting the horse with three knives, she actually tiggled it with three feather dusters.
    Dasa, we're waiting.....

Wait for it.

Wait for it.....
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Apr '16 21:00
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Dasa, we're waiting.....

Wait for it.

Wait for it.....
    His new tactic is to avoid things that undermine everything he has been saying for years.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Apr '16 21:04
    Dasa, we're waiting.....

Wait for it.

Wait for it.....
    I have talked about this in another thread somewhere.

I will post up a new OP about this today.

Are you ready to be embarrassed,

When envious forum agitators post up insults about the Veda's to dis-credit the Vedas, they will hit a brick wall.,
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Apr '16 21:06
    Originally posted by Dasa

I will post up a new OP about this today.

Are you ready to be embarrassed,

When envious forum agitators post up insults about the Veda's to dis-credit the Vedas, they will hit a brick wall.,
    a brick wall of bull-chit
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Apr '16 21:25
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Yes, and you said that part of the Vedas is crap. Your 'perfect religion' with books written in the perfect language is really not looking so good is it?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 10:521 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes, and you said that part of the Vedas is crap. Your 'perfect religion' with books written in the perfect language is really not looking so good is it?
    So what will Dasa come back as this time? Vishnu? Krishna? He is clearly addicted to this site and WILL re-appear.

Is there any way to suss out newly created accounts?
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 11:11
    So what will Dasa come back as this time? Vishnu? Krishna? He is clearly addicted to this site and WILL re-appear.

Is there any way to suss out newly created accounts?
    I suspect he will be easy to spot. (Unless he goes undercover as a meat eating atheist).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree