1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 18:04
    that your religion or non-religion is the correct one? everyone has faith, everyone thinks that what he or she believes in is the divine truth - well you can't all be right.

lets face it, the thought of a 'god' or 'gods' is pretty radical and unlikely if you look around yourself and think about it but lets say that there is a higher being of some sort, do followers of the 'wrong' religion get some brownie points for actually believing in a higher being or are they treated the same as non-believers in the after life, assuming there is one in the 'correct' faith.

personally i like the idea in hinduism about your soul being reincarnated over and over again until it becomes perfect, not so sure about the cow being scared though, anything which produces that much methane can hardly be considered holy.
  2. weedhopper
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 20:12
    Originally posted by trev33
    that your religion or non-religion is the correct one? everyone has faith, everyone thinks that what he or she believes in is the divine truth - well you can't all be right.

lets face it, the thought of a 'god' or 'gods' is pretty radical and unlikely if you look around yourself and think about it but lets say that there is a higher being of some sort, do ...[text shortened]... scared though, anything which produces that much methane can hardly be considered holy.
    That's why it's called 'faith" and not a list of provable facts.
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 20:21

lets face it, the thought of a 'god' or 'gods' is pretty radical and unlikely if you look around yourself and think about it but lets say that there is a higher being of some sort, do ...[text shortened]... scared though, anything which produces that much methane can hardly be considered holy.
    Personally I believe that GOD is either the totality of the Universe or there is no GOD. I do not claim any divine truth knowledge.
  4. Joined
    13 Sep '10
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 20:33
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Personally I believe that GOD is either the totality of the Universe or there is no GOD. I do not claim any divine truth knowledge.
    Ha! So your God is controlled and affected by man. You could also give yourself a kiss in the mirror and achieve the same.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 21:59

Make sure everything you believe or your religion teaches you is in the Bible is a start.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 09:00

===================================
    personally i like the idea in hinduism about your soul being reincarnated over and over again until it becomes perfect, not so sure about the cow being scared though, anything which produces that much methane can hardly be considered holy.
    =====================================

That is a rather honest admission.

But if trev is to die and be reincarnated as another soul that is not trev. And then trev never will experience a perfected soul because the reincarnation is someone or something else.

The Bible warns against setting our hope in reincarnation because it teaches that men are appointed to die ONCE. And after this death JUDGMENT:

"And inasmuch as it is reserved for men to die once, and after this comes judgment." (Hebrews 9:27)

Therefore we should not put our trust in multiple lives. The one life we live is the one for which we will be judged. And this judgment follows upon our death.

Our hope of transformation is by being identified with the Perfect One - Christ the Son of God. By being one with Him and enjoy living in the sphere and realm of this resurrected and available Person we can be transformed into His image.

"And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.

But we all with unvieled face, beholding and reflecting like a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory even as from the Lord Spirit." (2 Cor. 3:17,18)

Sanctification and transformation come about from the power of the Lord's Spirit. That is the "pneumatic" Christ - the Holy Spirit Who is the Jesus Christ Who you can receive INTO your being.

Now this One has eternity to work on you without you reincarnating to be a another person or frog or cow or what have you.

He has eternity. But He will not take eternity to transform you. He will do it at the most in your lifetime + one thousand years at the most. But with your cooperation He can do it less time then that. And He desires to.

One other very important thing. When you believe into Christ immediately you are garuanteed that God cannot FAIL to transform you into a son of God. And furthermore when you believe into Christ you possess PERFECTION already in the eyes of God because Jesus Christ Himself has become your righteous standing and approved merit.

In the eyes of God to whom is the ultimate accountability, once you enter into Christ, Christ Himself has become your eternal perfection and righteousness. It is only a matter of subjectively being brought into the enjoyment of that objective righteous standing that you now have eternally before God.

www.godseconomy.org
  7. England
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 09:10
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Make sure everything you believe or your religion teaches you is in the Bible is a start.
    a imposible goal, as not all the truth is confined to the books within the bible,
    but you have a valid point in make sure everything you belive is the truth
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 00:13
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]===================================
    =====================================

That is a rather honest admi ...[text shortened]... ctive righteous standing that you now have eternally before God.

www.godseconomy.org[/b]
    last i checked hindus didn't follow the bible, therefore if what they say is correct your 'bible' becomes a completely useless made up form of text. which means you can't quote the bible to disprove a possible practise in another relgion.

think outside your christain bubble.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 00:15
    Originally posted by galveston75
    wut?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 01:391 edit
    personally i like the idea in hinduism about your soul being reincarnated over and over again until it becomes perfect, not so sure about the cow being scared though, anything which produces that much methane can hardly be considered holy.[/b]
    What about the 72 virgins awaiting you with the Islam faith? So do you want to be a toad in your next life in pursuit of "perfection" or do you want the 72 virgins after strapping explosives to your body to kill infidels?
  11. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 07:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    What about the 72 virgins awaiting you with the Islam faith? So do you want to be a toad in your next life in pursuit of "perfection" or do you want the 72 virgins after strapping explosives to your body to kill infidels?
    Apparently there isn't 72 virgins anymore, there is now less due to the fact that there are too many people blowing themselves up.
  12. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 09:31
    Here is an interesting article regarding this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2002/jan/12/books.guardianreview5

So those "martyrs" might actually be getting white raisins instead of virgins. 😛
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 12:52
    i'd rather be 'a toad in (my) next life in pursuit of "perfection"'... but it's my souls next life, not mine.

question: would you rather have '72 virgins awaiting you' or 72 somewhat experienced woman 'waiting for you' after death? i know which i'd prefer... you can't argue with 'perfection' but can argue what is better in the terms of a sexual offering after death.

islam gets some unfair bad press, backed up by your media driven reply but i do doubt the blissfulness of its after-life promises.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree