1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 14:00
    By spending untold billions throwing garbage cans into outer space while a billion and a half people have no electricity or running water.
    And what about the bombs? We have some great bombs to hurl around at each other too.
    And what about those blessed politicians? Where would we be without them? I know they have nothing to do with the scientists, other than the lying, I just thought I'd throw them into the mix while I was at it.
  2. Gangster Land
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 14:02
    Originally posted by josephw
    By spending untold billions throwing garbage cans into outer space while a billion and a half people have no electricity or running water.
    And what about the bombs? We have some great bombs to hurl around at each other too.
    And what about those blessed politicians? Where would we be without them? I know they have nothing to do with the scientists, other than the lying, I just thought I'd throw them into the mix while I was at it.
    If you can't think of how scientists have made the world a better place, you need more help than I can give.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 14:48
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    If you can't think of how scientists have made the world a better place, you need more help than I can give.
    If you think I didn't think that would be your response then you need more help than I can give.

I love scientists. They tell us how we got here. How old the earth is and everything. Why, if it weren't for scientists, I wouldn't know my ancestors were monkeys.
  4. the highway to hell
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 15:01
    generally, the scientists spend their time on whatever project they are PAID to work on, the trouble is that the choice of what projects to spend the really big money on is down to politicians.
    at the same time, dont you want to know the truth, ie the world is round, you descended from the ape, etc ?
  5. The sky
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 15:05
    Why, if it weren't for scientists, I wouldn't know my ancestors were monkeys.
    Are you a monkey? Or what scientists have you been talking to?
  6. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 15:12
    If you think I didn't think that would be your response then you need more help than I can give.

I love scientists. They tell us how we got here. How old the earth is and everything. Why, if it weren't for scientists, I wouldn't know my ancestors were monkeys.
    you must have had very small ancestors! i think you mean apes
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 15:211 edit
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    My ancestors aren't apes. My oldest ancestors are Adam and Eve. But they are no longer with us 🙁
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 15:32
    Originally posted by eamon o
    generally, the scientists spend their time on whatever project they are PAID to work on, the trouble is that the choice of what projects to spend the really big money on is down to politicians.
    at the same time, dont you want to know the truth, ie the world is round, you descended from the ape, etc ?
    Yes, isn't it wonderful that scientists can find the truth and tell us what it is so we don't have to believe in God anymore.

Scientific materialism is God! Now I don't have to be accountable to any god. I can do whatever I want because there is no right or wrong.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 15:37
    Originally posted by beatmybishop
    Thank you for the correction. And my great great great great great great great, etc. ape momma thanks you. Opps, sorry. She's dead and there is no after life, so she can't thank you.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 15:38
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Are you a monkey? Or what scientists have you been talking to?
    Oh ya, that's right, I'm an ape!
  11. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 15:40
    Yes, isn't it wonderful that scientists can find the truth and tell us what it is so we don't have to believe in God anymore.

Scientific materialism is God! Now I don't have to be accountable to any god. I can do whatever I want because there is no right or wrong.
    i don't believe in god and i know that there is right and wrong. I'm accountable to me, my family and my dearest ones. And i prefer being accountable just cause i want to be rather then being it just cause i can go to heaven.
    why do some believers that just because some people don't believe they have to act crazy?
  12. The sky
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 15:47
    You are? Interesting!
  13. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 15:55
    Did you read this?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/article1539891.ece

What's God doing to stop the spread of malaria?
  14. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 16:12
    You've clearly gone bananas!
  15. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 16:181 edit
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Did you read this?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/article1539891.ece

What's God doing to stop the spread of malaria?
    God is the cause of all diseases, and he always has a very good reason
    for them. Reasons that makes perfect sense in accordance with his new
    testament teachings. We just can't see it with our limited wisdom. We must
    trust Him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree